GDT: Game #7 : KINGS @ DUCKS - Saturday, 2/2/’13 @ 7:00 pm PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

RonSwanson*

The Ducks broadcast has mentioned about 100 times now that LA didn't play last night while the Ducks did. Waah.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
100% absolute certainty he gets claimed on waivers...

He'll never make it to Manchester.

He's not waiver exempt? I assumed he'd still be waiver exempt due to having played 45 career games. He's barely above rookie status as far as that goes. Then again dressing as the backup might count towards that. I may also not understand how the whole waiver process to the AHL works either, if this isn't the case.

RonSwanson*

He's not waiver exempt? I assumed he'd still be waiver exempt due to having played 45 career games. He's barely above rookie status as far as that goes. Then again dressing as the backup might count towards that. I may also not understand how the whole waiver process to the AHL works either, if this isn't the case.

Dressing as the backup doesn't count.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010

Johnny B is subject to the waiver wire. I believe he meets the Contract age requirement.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Games dressed as a backup do not count.

However, there are two different ways to become waiver eligible. The first is games played, which as you have mentioned he is not close to hitting. The other is years since first signing (and playing/counting towards) his pro contract. His pro contract did not come into effect until 2008-09. As a goalie he then has 4 years of waiver exemption, assuming he does not hit the games played criteria at any point in that time. Since this is his 5th season on a pro contract, he is no longer waiver exempt. Skaters only get 3 years, which is why Thomas Hickey was subject to waivers (spent 3 years on a pro contract). It's dated since signing first contract, and having it count (as in Voynov's year in the AHL at 19 does not count).

Here's the breakdown.
Years being waiver exempt.
Goalies Skaters
Age Years Age Years
18 6* 18 5*
19 5* 19 4*
20 4 20 3
21 4 21 3
22 4 22 3
23 3 23 3
24 2 24 2
25+ 1 25+ 1

Games being waiver exempt.
Goalies Skaters
Age Games Age Games
18 80 18 160
19 80 19 160
20 80 20 160
21 60 21 80
22 60 22 70
23 60 23 60
24 60 24 60
25+ 25+

Whichever one you hit first.

KingKopitar11*

Berniers first start this season and for a long time. Quick played terrible at the home opener too. Bernier is having a bad game, but most of it wasn't his fault, a lot of great set up goals that are usually impossible to stop.

Ducks have quick dynamic offensive snipers with chemistry that make a killing in the slot. We have size but when our players aren't giving it all its more obvious because we set up on board plays, so if we dont retrieve the puck we are neutralized.

Ducks can play like crap but just a pass to the slot they have shooters. There's the reason. They have shooters who work the slot so even when we play better they can execute more easily cause they have the snipers and dont need to put that much work into scoring. We need more snipers and more players lurking the slot.

RonSwanson*

Honestly I think that it's the combo of the knee, plus playing in Sweden did him no favors. He looks a bit casual, like he got used to things coming easier. Plus as I mentioned before, he looks really thin.

We need fat Kopitar.

Whiskeypete

Jul 14, 2010
Chicago
So what in zee **** is Mitchell's problem exactly? Wasn't he cleared medically like 3 weeks ago?

D Evans was talking about it on pre-game two nights ago. he mentioned swelling due to the strength training he's doing to improve strength and stability in the joint. i figured last week that was likely the case. i had the same procedure years ago and i had swelling issues also. it took a month for it to stop. at this point i see it as a good sign, because the knee and tissue are responding in a normal way. just have to be patient with it and not over do it

Reaper45

Jul 14, 2003
Los Angeles
Can we flush the turds known as Penner and Bernier yet?

I HATED the idea of bringing the fat boy back and nothing has changed that.

Bernier should've been dealt a long time ago.

RonSwanson*

SRSLY. Plus, has Gagne even scored a goal in a Kings' uniform? I seriously can't remember.

He had seven last season before his injury. None since. My patience with Gagne is wearing thin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad