GDT: Game 7: Ducks vs King Louis XVI (French Revolution Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corey Perry*

it depends on Ryan and Bonino. I like the idea of replacing DSP w/Rakell on that line, god DSP has gotten so lazy

Unless Bonino actually starts playing like a 2nd line Center, I don't see a need for change.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
As long as he's backchecking and winning a fair amount of faceoffs, I'd like to keep him at center.
Agreed on the defensive part, I think he needs some decent time spent on his faceoffs though. I've liked the defensive side of his game at center.

DaDucks*

You make it sound like I don't want Ryan to succeed.

I want Ryan to do well and become a top player like he can be. But he still has only ever shown flashes in Anaheim, we'll see if he puts it all together this season with his own line.

I hope he keep it up, specially as a center, because it's what the team needs. He seems to of put more effort in now that he's more involved. But as I said, we'll see if he keeps it up.

I understand.

My position is that he's the whipping boy out of the big three on these boards when things aren't going right... Especially when he took more heat last year instead of getzlaf and his 9 goal season fing joke... I'm still bitter about it and will smash any bobby hate I hear...

How about waiting until bobby doesn't score 30 in a season before talking trash maybe??? "Ohh he's just streaky"" wahhh

Dude it's the Anaheim ducks... We don't have a history of players like bobby Ryan

Some of u guys obviously haven't had to suffer as hard as us old trimmers or u just have amnesia.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
I understand.

My position as that he's the whipping boy out of the big three on these boards when things aren't going right... Especially when he took more heat last year instead of getzlaf and his 9 goal season fing joke... I'm still bitter about it and will smash any bobby hate I hear...

How about waiting until bobby doesn't score 30 in a season before talking trash maybe??? "Ohh he's just streaky"" wahhh

Dude it's the Anaheim ducks... We don't have a history of players like bobby Ryan

Some of u guys obviously haven't had to suffer as hard as us old trimmers or u just have amnesia.

Eh, I'm not getting involved in all this again, my complete thoughts on Ryan are in the Wild thread. Just had to respond to the backhanded post in relation to Hiller.

And I've been a Ducks fan for quite some time. Not that it matters how long you or I have been a fan, this doesn't mean an opinion is more or less valid, or better because a poster has supported the team longer.

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Interesting game.
For two periods, the defense had so many giveaways, my dogs went outside. They were tired of my yelling.
Third period looked like Allen's best so far. He was solid in the third.
Souray and Beauch really stepped up after Fowlers injury too.

Great third after 2 firewagon periods.

Corey Perry*

Agreed on the defensive part, I think he needs some decent time spent on his faceoffs though.

Yeah, that's the only thing holding him back. He was 3 for 10 yesterday, and only 1 for 5 tonight. Good thing for him, he can always improve.

I'm thinking, what if we had Teemu take the faceoff, and then kind of "switch" positions? (until Ryan improves) That'd be weird, but...

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Like what I and a few others said yesterday, it's not bad, they just need to stop with the Wild Wing gimmick part. Lighting the freeway sign is perfectly fine.

And if I may ask, can somebody take a picture of it and post it on here the next time they're at the Pond after a win? I'm curious to see what it looks like.

Yeah, really, just point the outside camera to the real light when it goes on. If they really want an indoor spectacle how about something like this:

Oct 18, 2011
Well, Ryan has been alot better than Perry. Perry is STILL fumbling alot of pucks but Perry is to good to struggle much longer, and we'll be that much better as a team. I also see MQ's point about Ryan, he has the potential to be a 40/40 player and we get tantalized with spurts of it. now hopefully the move to center unleashes more of that talent, remember how Carlyle always used to be on him about moving his feet? this is how you keep his feet moving, by forcing him to be more responsible as an all around player.

Anyways 5 points in 2 nights at center, not bad.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I understand.

My position is that he's the whipping boy out of the big three on these boards when things aren't going right... Especially when he took more heat last year instead of getzlaf and his 9 goal season fing joke... I'm still bitter about it and will smash any bobby hate I hear...

Dude, put your big boy pants on and get over it. Its an internet forum and people are going to disagree. It's why they exist.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
Well, Ryan has been alot better than Perry. Perry is STILL fumbling alot of pucks but Perry is to good to struggle much longer, and we'll be that much better as a team. I also see MQ's point about Ryan, he has the potential to be a 40/40 player and we get tantalized with spurts of it. now hopefully the move to center unleashes more of that talent, remember how Carlyle always used to be on him about moving his feet? this is how you keep his feet moving, by forcing him to be more responsible as an all around player.

Anyways 5 points in 2 nights at center, not bad.

THIS. I remember Carlyle publicly criticizing Ryan for not moving his feet and not going to the dirty areas in both zones. Playing center you HAVE to do both.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Have we ever scored 7 in two separate games in a season?

I know you're probably being facetious, but being way too excited after watching this game to sleep, I decided to check. The answer is yes:

Before this season we did it 3 times in 95-96 (in a 10-game span no less), twice in 96-97, twice in 99-00, twice in 08-09, and three times in 09-10.

Before this season we had scored 7 goals 16 times, and 8 goals twice.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I understand.

Speak for yourself, old trimmer. This franchise has a history of number 9s who could have been so much more than they were/are.

gratefulyours

Great 8 = T. Selanne
Nov 9, 2010
Oakland
i've liked ryan at center. he and palmieri are starting to click. teemu is kinda odd on that line but it is working.

i don't mind lighting the freeway sign...they just need to make it look better. looks like they spent all of 5 mins on the special effects for that gimmick. looks like an orange in a cup to me.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
i really want our 2nd line to stay intact.
that 1st line might need a new LW but tbh i think belesky being there is fine, once perry picks up his game that line will be lots better
3rd line obvs is great (although today they were just mediocre haha)
4th line i donno
i donno if i really want etem only playing like 5/6 minutes a game.. doesn't seem like that'll be good for his development.. but him and bonino have been pretty good.

i think we can send rakell down to juniors and throw in staubitz or maroon

edit: getz and boner were beast in the dot today. 68 and 78% respectively
koivu was 9/20 just under 50

and obvs ryan sucked but thats to be expected..

honestly whatever getzlaf did to his faceoffs tell ryan to do the same.. hes been awesome in the dot this year

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Ducks are 4th in the league in goals/game with 3.71.
Ducks are 4th in the league in PP% at 33.3%.
Ducks are 6th in the league in 5v5 goals for/against at 1.64.
Ducks are 22nd in goals against/game at 3.00
Ducks are 29th in PK% at 65.4%.

Oct 18, 2011
Ducks are 4th in the league in goals/game with 3.71.
Ducks are 4th in the league in PP% at 33.3%.
Ducks are 6th in the league in 5v5 goals for/against at 1.64.
Ducks are 22nd in goals against/game at 3.00
Ducks are 29th in PK% at 65.4%.
Capitals west

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Saku's input to the Ducks' success early on has been remarkable. The guy is just all over and his vision seems what it was 15 years ago. Looks like he's on a mission out there.

Corey Perry*

Saku's input to the Ducks' success early on has been remarkable. The guy is just all over and his vision seems what it was 15 years ago. Looks like he's on a mission out there.

He's even on a ppg pace right now!

Oct 18, 2011
Win the cup for Saku should be this years mission statement :D

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
So the new GOD(AKA Winnik) didn't have any points, yet I still loved his game. Such a tenacious forechecker and is being rewarded by BB by being put out in crucial situations a la the 5 v 3 kill. Couldn't be more impressed by him, despite him not being on the stat sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad