GDT: Game 7: Ducks vs King Louis XVI (French Revolution Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
It rarely does the game after those types of incidents. I do think somebody needs to send a message but it likely won't happen.

I wouldnt mind someone sending the message.... shanahan not makin that call basically if forcing us to keep some sort of enforcer in our line up.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Has anyone ever been suspended for a questionable call against a duck player, i dont recall one.. but i could be wrong.

I know we have
Perry got 4 games(i think) for elbow on giroux
Ryan got 2 playof games for the stomp
Pronger got 2 playoff games 1 in 2 diffrent series.
Pronger also got 8 games for the kessler stomp
May got 3 games in 07 series
Wisniewski got 8 games in 2010 for the seabrook hit

I dont recall anyone getting suspended against the ducks o_O does the league really not like us? Perry has takin some pretty harsh cheap shots, this is the 2nd time someones slammed fowlers head into the boards. I just dont get it, if the refs/league wont protect our stars/players then maybe we should add some goons to our line up to protect them.

Doan was suspended two games for a headshot on Sexton the same game he checked Fowler into the boards that caused Fowler to miss time. Other than that I can't recall any off the top of my head in recent times. I think the complete lack of media exposure hurts us - most of the times we've had players suspended it was either against a large market team or in the playoffs where media was watching every game. I have no doubt that when the media makes a big deal about a hit it's more likely to be looked at.

Nikko*

Has anyone ever been suspended for a questionable call against a duck player, i dont recall one.. but i could be wrong.

I know we have

I dont recall anyone getting suspended against the ducks o_O does the league really not like us? Perry has takin some pretty harsh cheap shots, this is the 2nd time someones slammed fowlers head into the boards. I just dont get it, if the refs/league wont protect our stars/players then maybe we should add some goons to our line up to protect them.

Don't forget the phantom elbow against Nashville 2 years ago.

Papaspud

Vatman
Dec 19, 2008
To the rescue

I know we have

Gary Suter: got a whopping 4 games for his crosscheck to Kariya's jaw. Kariya never the same
Craig Ludwig: Got a whopping 1 game for a flying elbow into Teemu Selanne's skull. B. Burke was in charge of discipline at the time. Rulsan Salai took some of the sting out, by doing the same to Modano the very next time the teams met.
Shane Doan: got 3 games for a "hit to head" penalty against Sexton. Probably make up call, for the board on Fowler that was let go, as he never contacted Sexton's head.

There you have it....and there have numerous instances where (Mighty) Ducks players have absorbed dirty/cheap hits in the history of the team. 3 huge suspensions. ****ing joke

Last edited:

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
I don't know if this is entirely true since Ducks said no update on fowler until tomorrow, but NHL network just reported that fowler is day to day.

Boo Boo

Jan 31, 2013
maybe im being picky but one thing i didnt like is that we signed allen to bodyguard fowler but when fowler gets destroyed during the game allen is off fighting the king player instead of pummeling stoll

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
maybe im being picky but one thing i didnt like is that we signed allen to bodyguard fowler but when fowler gets destroyed during the game allen is off fighting the king player instead of pummeling stoll

Ya, allen should have finished getting his ass kicked then gone and picked a fight with Stoll. That would have gone over well....

Oct 18, 2011
2007 ducks wouldn't have tolerated the cheapshot stoll gave to fowler, i am very disappointed we did NOTHING about it when we were up two and then three goals at the end. 07 team would have sent a message and the kings wouldn't have done anything like that again

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I don't know if this is entirely true since Ducks said no update on fowler until tomorrow, but NHL network just reported that fowler is day to day.

I had a feeling. The minute Boudreau saw him as being "alert" I knew it couldn't be anything that threatened any long stretch of missed games.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Hate to say it, but told you so.

what? About Bonino? Please tell me this is par for the course for the rest of his year. Cogliano had a hat trick last year too. Bonino had a great game, but lets not jump the gun. Also people were complaining about him not being a 2c. He still isnt. He plays best when he doesn't have to go up against big guns.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Sometimes the strategy of the game requires holding one's retaliation for another time and place. With Fowler out the Ducks were down to five defensemen, and needed all of them available for the balance of the game. As tempting as it would be for Allen to fight Stoll, it would have hurt the team to have lost Allen for a minimum of five minutes, and perhaps longer. As it was a number of the defensemen played well beyond their average minutes, and reducing the number of available defensemen because of retaliation in this game would have put the game at risk.

There will be another time to take appropriate remedial action. Players and teams have long memories, and at the right time and place I expect a that Stoll's hit will be repaid, with interest.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
What? Allen was already in a fight (and probably didn't even see the Fowler incident). And if he goes to fight Stoll, he's probably tossed, and we play the last 30 or so minutes with 4 d-men.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Beleskey will likely just challenge Stoll at the start of the next game. Stoll will likely accept it and move on. That's how these things are handled. Stoll isn't going to fight a heavyweight under any circumstances, it'll have to be someone in his weight class.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
I'd be totally fine with Beleskey vs. Stoll. Beleskey can take him.

I think you're right that Stoll is too ***** to fight a heavyweight

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Beleskey will likely just challenge Stoll at the start of the next game. Stoll will likely accept it and move on. That's how these things are handled. Stoll isn't going to fight a heavyweight under any circumstances, it'll have to be someone in his weight class.

I'd prefer we not take the Parros approach (I prefer an eye for an eye) but I understand and would not be surprised if that's all that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad