GDT: Game 7: Detroit Red Wings @ Montreal Canadiens - October 21, 2014 - 7:30 PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analyzer*

That's how the Wings win games. Always extremely close. Zetterberg or Datsyuk get on the ice and bam a goal.

Zetterberg's goal was a weak ass shot to the right area that went off Subban, off the crossbar and in.

Lucky goal is lucky.

Dynheart

Aug 21, 2011
The Wings have been hooking and interfering all game with no calls. It goes beyond excuses, its true

Every single team does it, though. I guess this is where we just say the Wings do it more because they are winning/getting more power plays?

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
Team woke up after giving up the first goal.

Ref have been awful tonight. Red Wings with prototypical pre-2004 lockout type of hockey tonight.

Eller has been noticeably bad. So has Bourque, but its Bourque so I don't expect much out of him either way. I don't get inserting Weise into the lineup. The chances of him scoring a goal are pretty low and I have more confidence in Sekac or Bournival's ability to contribute offensively. Inserting Weise basically limits the number of offensive trios from 3 to 2.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Rough puck luck, and officiating is just not going our way. It's frustrating to watch, as I think we are the better team tonight... but just can't get any luck.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
**** are the wings frustrating to play against, like the devils, lots of stick-work, clogging the neutral zone, babcock ****ing whining to the refs all game

Yeah, this is what they're reminding me of. Fricken hate this style of play.

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
Eller is doing a fine job, what's up with all the whining? If anything, the first line needs to get going. Desharnais line is off tonight.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
so far the turning point of the games was caused by the refs. The NON-CALL 4 minute high stick the cut ELLER with the Wings scoring 20 seconds after that. If the refs get the call right their is NO goal and Habs with a 4 min PP.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Eller is doing a fine job, what's up with all the whining? If anything, the first line needs to get going. Desharnais line is off tonight.

Desharnais and Pacioretty are awful tonight and the rest is just puck luck. Detroit is a good team but they aren't impressing me and if not for the PP's would be down in this game.

Powerplays killed momentum whenever they started to build it up.

FuzzyWuzzy

I'm still alive
Dec 20, 2012
Montreal
Anybody else catch le courier du coach at RDS? Therrien was talking about how he came up with the the Emelin/Subban pairing. He seems to really like Emelin with Subban since that lets him play on his natural side. Said Emelin is a guy who can play big minutes against top opposition and punish them from time to time.

I agree with him, personally.

Phil Parent

Sorel, 'fant d'chienne!
Feb 4, 2005
Sorel-Tracy, Quebec
Getting shutout has a low probability. In most games, the great majority of teams will score at least 1. I don't really give much importance to first goal. First team that gets to two has the advantage.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I know Habs having been scoring more goals than usual to start season off but would be nice not to be shutout.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Every single team does it, though. I guess this is where we just say the Wings do it more because they are winning/getting more power plays?

My complaint is they aren't being punished for it. It's too damn blatant to miss. I'm not blaming wings, I'm blaming the refs.

Analyzer*

1st line sucks and took 3x 2 mins

Pacioretty and DD are usually invisible/not trying. Gallagher is... Kind of dumb when it comes to driving the net. He needs to learn that if he looks at a goalie funny, he'll be called.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Parenteau is making me forget all about Briere. That shot of his I thought was a sure goal. So close!

It seems like the hockey gods aren't with us tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad