GDT: [Game #7] Dallas Stars vs. Columbus Blue Jackets – 7:00 PM CT (BSSWX)

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
AWfWAPY.png

GAME #7 – 10/30/2023 – 7:00 PM CT – BSSWX
American Airlines Center

Your Dallas Stars vs. the Columbus Blue Jackets
4-1-1, 9 pts ■ ■ ■ ■ ■ 3-3-2, 8 pts

S2Q26Rq.png
xXVnFqv.png

uEDwjZ4.png

Forward lines '22-23 copy.png

ztUaXq7.png

Columbus Blue Jackets

Gaudreau - Jenner - Roslovic
Texier - Fantilli - Bemstrom
Voronkov - Sillinger - Johnson
Danforth - Kuraly - Olivier

Werenski - Severson
Provorov - Jiricek
Bean - Gudbranson

Merzlikins

2fmwd0w.png

Last edited:

Ratbath

Jul 3, 2019
With the World Series (and Mavs) game on at the same time this might be the cheapest stars home game ticket you can get for a long time.

Reactions: redbeardtx

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
AYO COLUMBUS I MADE YOU A JERSEY CONCEPT IF YOU WANT TO USE- HEY WHERE ARE YOU GOING

jacketsconcept2.jpg

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
One of these days they'll stop trying to make Marchment and Suter work

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
I get the feeling they will stick with PP1 and assume at some point it just clicks..

Worrying. I'd make a move and shake it up. I'd get duchene on there. It's been badly ineffective, I think teams did their homework on the Stars PP in the off season, alot more high pressure which is where most thr damage got done last season

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Welcome back to "Who Is That Player?" Typically there are a wealth of options to choose from when it comes to the inscrutable black box that is the Blue Jackets' roster.

Today we examine Justin Danforth

8479941.png

Justin is a 5'8 undrafted winger from Ontario attempting to establish himself in the NHL during his Age 30 season.

Having spent a full 4 years in college, Danforth bounced between the ECHL and AHL before decamping for Europe. After a couple of productive seasons in the Liiga he tried his hand in the KHL for Podolsk Vityaz where he dominated with fellow ex-NHLers Kaspars Daugavins and Mattias Tedenby.

Giving North America another try, Danforth returned for the 2021-22 campaign racking up 10 goals in 45 NHL games as a teammate of Max Domi and Gavin Bayreuther. After an abbreviated season last year due to a torn labrum he's back and looking to contribute on the Jackets' 4th line.

This concludes "Who Is That Player?"

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Glad the cold front moved through (even if it gave me a migraine) because I'm gonna turn off my heater, open a window, and throw on a jersey for game night for the first time this season.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I get the feeling they will stick with PP1 and assume at some point it just clicks..

Worrying. I'd make a move and shake it up. I'd get duchene on there. It's been badly ineffective, I think teams did their homework on the Stars PP in the off season, alot more high pressure which is where most thr damage got done last season
I've got a slightly different take on the PP troubles. Last year we saw them feast on PKs that tried to get aggressive once the Stars already had O-zone possession. Miro, Hintz, and JRob all want you to pressure them because it means someone else is open.

This year the main culprits are losing the initial faceoff (Benn's at 44% which is like half his job on the PP) and then failing to adjust to new defensive tactics on full-rink zone entries. Everyone and their brother knows that Miro isn't carrying the puck all the way up the ice, it's getting dropped back to one of the forwards who then looks to pass to Hintz going at full speed down the wall to cross the blueline. It's a good play in a vacuum but if you do it every single time teams are obviously going to adjust.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Same here, with it being a Blackout game I just have to choose Hintz or Heiskanen.

My blackout sweater is Miro. I think I've put on some pounds over the past year though because I don't remember it being snug in the mid-section. :laugh:

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
This is kind of a weird start to the season statistically for a lot of our players. No one is on a hot streak right now

Looking around the league, most teams have at least a few guys lighting it up already. Also idk why our defense just doesn't score even close to as much as a lot of other teams around the league. Random dmen have like 8 points already on other teams

Harley!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad