GDT: [Game #7] Dallas Stars @ Boston Bruins - 6:00 PM CT (BSSW)

jballa95

Aug 18, 2013
My shitlist is Boston, Colorado, Anaheim, off the top of my head. Admittedly less familiar with the east coast guys than the west coast ones.

What kills me about stuff like this is Boston has played the same amount of games, this excuse doesn't work on any level.
Yeah Jack Edwards and the Colorado broadcasts are definitely on my blacklist. The Colorado announcer screaming "YIPEEE YIPEEE YIPEEE" when Brandon Yip scored a meaningless goal against the Stars a decade ago has scared me off from ever listening to them again.

Reactions: LT

Johno

We deserve it
Oct 30, 2013
I

I believe bichsel plays on the right side a lot on his current team.
That might be, but ideally it’s L/R balance. Not that it’s the end of the world, as it would allow Miro to remain on his more natural side.
But I’m hoping that him or Grush is ready to take over a top 4 spot when Lindell’s contract runs out in three years.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
What kills me about stuff like this is Boston has played the same amount of games, this excuse doesn't work on any level.

b-b-b-ut the travel!

It's not like these guys are professional athletes being paid millions to play a game for a few hours every third day or so. They have lives! Travel is exhausting!

Honestly though, I 100% agree and it's the one thing about Razor that really irks me. There's no f***ing excuse for them to be tired. Figure out how not to be, that's a huge part of the job. My high school teams never got to complain about it even when we were playing 2 games a day at a state tournament. And we were 15-18 year olds.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Stuff like that does matter more to a competitive athlete than it does to a regular person. There's a reason whenever they are flat it's the entire team. It's not like they all decided at the same time to be lazy.

It's also not about being tired, they're still flying out there, much faster than fresh AHL players. They are just slightly more tired than the other team, and that's a disadvantage that has to be overcome, regardless of whether it qualifies as a valid excuse for losing.

My philosophy is there's no sense stressing over stuff you can't control. On to the next game.

Twowingcantfly

Jul 4, 2019
Our best and really only option for another PMD is Harley.

It won’t happen, but I’d love to see him slot in for Suter. Already very tired of his play. Especially on the PP, where he very much no longer belongs.

DeBoer seems to love him though, he’s the only other defender besides Miro who plays in every situation regularly.
Maybe a recently retired D man is available??

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Stuff like that does matter more to a competitive athlete than it does to a regular person. There's a reason whenever they are flat it's the entire team. It's not like they all decided at the same time to be lazy.

It's also not about being tired, they're still flying out there, much faster than fresh AHL players. They are just slightly more tired than the other team, and that's a disadvantage that has to be overcome, regardless of whether it qualifies as a valid excuse for losing.

My philosophy is there's no sense stressing over stuff you can't control. On to the next game.
Exactly. Everyone being just a bit more tired than the other team makes a difference. It doesn't mean that they're even very tired or would say they're tired if you asked them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad