GDT: Game 7 | Columbus vs. Chicago | 10/20 7PM

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Milano with a 75% CF which was best on the team for the second straight game. He is starting to really find his game and continues to be rewarded with more ice team.

Sedlak was on the ice for 11 shots on goal against which is incredible considering that he had the lowest ice time of any CBJ skater. The dude has been horrible. And a liability, every. single. time. he. steps. on. the. ice.

Savard’s game continues to regress. He’s looking more and more like a 3rd pair quality defender with each and every passing game. Although, he did have one good pass breakup on 2-on-1 breakaway in the 3rd.

The PLD-Cam-Bread line got absolutely worked. They were a combined -11 for the night with just 9 of the Jackets 38 shots on goal. Cam has been an entire defensive liability.. now is a whopping -8 on the season thru 7 games.

There’s my hot takes.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Sorry, a 4-1 loss is all that counts,
Doesn’t mean **** that we “dominated”

When it comes to meaning, to each their own. It's a long season and I'm more interested in the team playing well than in anything else, because it tells you more about how the season will go then anything else.

If all you want to talk about is who got 2 points, then I'll save you the trouble of writing a post, just use this format:

Did they win?

Yes - > Hooray!

No - > Commence the beatings! Fire xxx! Trade xxx!

Reactions: 213 Sentinel

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Have you heard the one , about the goalie pouting that he wasn’t overpaid Carey Price money. Here are his stats for the season

2018-2019 Regular Season

GPWLOTGAASv%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Actually , I apologize , he’s 2-3 now, this doesn’t reflect tonight yet

Reactions: thebus88

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Milano with a 75% CF which was best on the team for the second straight game. He is starting to really find his game and continues to be rewarded with more ice team.

Sedlak was on the ice for 11 shots on goal against which is incredible considering that he had the lowest ice time of any CBJ skater. The dude has been horrible. And a liability, every. single. time. he. steps. on. the. ice.

Savard’s game continues to regress. He’s looking more and more like a 3rd pair quality defender with each and every passing game. Although, he did have one good pass breakup on 2-on-1 breakaway in the 3rd.

The PLD-Cam-Bread line got absolutely worked. They were a combined -11 for the night with just 9 of the Jackets 38 shots on goal. Cam has been an entire defensive liability.. now is a whopping -8 on the season thru 7 games.

There’s my hot takes.

Where are you getting your stats? Per naturalstattrick, the top line was even, a few other discrepancies.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Have you heard the one , about the goalie pouting that he wasn’t overpaid Carey Price money. Here are his stats for the season

2018-2019 Regular Season

GPWLOTGAASv%
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Actually , I apologize , he’s 2-3 now, this doesn’t reflect tonight yet
19 GA
.876 Sv%
3.84 GAA

Our other goalie:
2-0 (Corrected from earlier post)
.902 Sv%
2.95 GAA
Not trying to prove he deserves $10 million per

Last edited:
Reactions: The Bread Man

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
No one can get anything done on the PP because they're all on the wrong damn side. By putting them on their strong side's hes automatically eliminating multiple one time opportunities.

This narrative being spread is f***ing annoying. Why does everything have to be one timers?

And what happens when passes/one timers aren't connecting ("because" they aren't on the "strong side") and they lose control of the puck and/or zone time? Oh, right, "FIRE LARSON!!". The PP is FINE built as a more puck POSSESSION type style with multiple quick passes leading to open looks/shots. It fits how the team is built. They will most certainly change things up a bit when the teams MAIN PPQB (Jones) returns. But, they look for him "up top" anyway a lot of times in the middle of the ice. He is 1 of maybe 2-3 guys that should be looking for one timers. The others are Bjorkstrand and Panarin.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The only real coaching issue is/was not putting Bjorkstrand with Jenner.

I've seen enough of Milano.

Anderson is what he is. A 25 goal scorer......in the OHL.

I'd break up the top line. For multiple reasons.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Pretty big change of direction there. That's not a bad goal.

Its not a "good" goal either.

The HOLES are there. Idk if its the pads or not.

What is the excuse on the 1st goal? The "release" is ok I guess, but the shot itself was weak as hell. 5 hole like that?

And goal 3? Bob's reaction speed to passes across like that, supposed screen or not, are something he has a HUGE problem with, and its something I mention often.

Korpisalo seems like the more technically sound, consistent, and BETTER goalie at the moment. This has gone on over BOTH the preseason and regular season. A dozen or so games....

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
The only real coaching issue is/was not putting Bjorkstrand with Jenner.

I've seen enough of Milano.

Anderson is what he is. A 25 goal scorer......in the OHL.

I'd break up the top line. For multiple reasons.

Anderson is what he is. Tied for the most goals on our team***

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
This narrative being spread is ****ing annoying. Why does everything have to be one timers?

And what happens when passes/one timers aren't connecting ("because" they aren't on the "strong side") and they lose control of the puck and/or zone time? Oh, right, "FIRE LARSON!!". The PP is FINE built as a more puck POSSESSION type style with multiple quick passes leading to open looks/shots. It fits how the team is built. They will most certainly change things up a bit when the teams MAIN PPQB (Jones) returns. But, they look for him "up top" anyway a lot of times in the middle of the ice. He is 1 of maybe 2-3 guys that should be looking for one timers. The others are Bjorkstrand and Panarin.
Successful PPs are built around puck movement and getting the puck moving and on net quickly. Unless the puck is coming from down low or someone makes the absolute perfect pass it's almost impossible to get a shot off quickly the way they were running it.

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan

There’s my hot takes.

All pretty brutal if you ask me.

Jenner essentially carried Milano and Anderson.

You talk about shots against in regards to Sedlak. Again, USAGE. Even as a "4th line" guy getting less than 10 minutes he plays on the PK. He is TRUSTED and PLAYS in TOUGH situations.

Sedlak > Milano

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Successful PPs are built around puck movement and getting the puck moving and on net quickly. Unless the puck is coming from down low or someone makes the absolute perfect pass it's almost impossible to get a shot off quickly the way they were running it.
I just can't with this PP. Yesterday i watched Canes\Avs game. Avs puck movement on their PP is lightning quick.

They extended that incompetent idiot, they deserve this performance from a team. "We don't have a personell for good PP" what a doofus.

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

thebus88

Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
Not blaming Bobrovsky for any of those goals.
Funny to read how he's expected to stop a tipped shot, through a screen....ok.....

Tips!? Screens!!!!?!

OH THE HUMANITY!!!

What about goals 1 and 3. What are the excuses??

I don't see the supposed bruises, but I SEE the HOLES. Where the pucks go in, and in his technique.

They invented the "butterfly" for a reason..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad