GDT: Game 7 | Columbus @ Montreal | 7 PM EST

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
The encouraging thing is that Elvis has looked good and aside from the Red Wings and Flyers games the CBJ have looked good in the games. Atrocious third period and OT tonight, but the first two periods were pretty good

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
So do you think he did that on purpose?

Like he looked at the puck and said "Nah, I'ma let this one go."
It’s either that, or just a random act of losing sight of the puck while scanning the whole ice in the fastest sport in the world. My guess is that he did it on purpose for shits and giggles.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
You want the culture of this team and organization to change … quit hiring broadcasters that must watch a different game than we do … well shocks they played hard , deserved a better result . All 4 of them are a circle jerk.. alteast Jodi sometimes calls out stuff
I understand your feelings about the broadcast team. That said, the players can't hear how the game is being called when they're playing it.

The encouraging thing is that Elvis has looked good and aside from the Red Wings and Flyers games the CBJ have looked good in the games. Atrocious third period and OT tonight, but the first two periods were pretty good
The 2nd period wasn't that great either. We won one period tonight - the first one.

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
For what he's paid I beg to differ. He's got more to give, and we've all seen it before.

And I say that as a true JG fan, just ask my wife who see's the 13 Gaudreau jerseys in our closet :laugh:
I get your frustration, but trust in JG, his magic hasn’t gone anywhere. He’ll rack up the points.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
It’s either that, or just a random act of losing sight of the puck while scanning the whole ice in the fastest sport in the world. My guess is that he did it on purpose for shits and giggles.
Probably true.

Just living on the edge to keep it interesting since hockey is so easy.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
Marchenko is in purgatory aka being on a line with Cole Sillinger.

Sillinger has zero business being in the NHL. He competes and has a great work rate ans that's why he stays in the lineup. It's to his own detriment as the kid can't create separation at this level.
I wish we'd sit Sillinger (or send him to Cleveland) and play KJ at center in his place.

Reactions: Napoli

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
This team is way ahead of where I'd thought they'd be at this point in the season.

It's easy to forget how disorganized they were last year-they were a bottom tier team. Significant strides in the positive direction have been made.

I thought the game could have gone either way and really didn't see a lot of the negatives that others took from the game.

I'd prefer KJ over Sillinger, but I'll trust Vincent's reasoning (whatever it is) for his roster choice.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
Yep, this is an 80-85 point team. They’ll tighten up as the year goes on as they learn each other and the system. I’m not happy about the third period collapse but there was enough that was encouraging that I’m not upset.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
This team is way ahead of where I'd thought they'd be at this point in the season.

It's easy to forget how disorganized they were last year-they were a bottom tier team. Significant strides in the positive direction have been made.

I thought the game could have gone either way and really didn't see a lot of the negatives that others took from the game.

I'd prefer KJ over Sillinger, but I'll trust Vincent's reasoning (whatever it is) for his roster choice.
My negatives are watching them blow the second straight winnable game , badly outplayed late , and then hear JLGP say they deserved better .

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Indy18

Aug 17, 2023
Its a point...they will clean it up. Better than last year watching that mess

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
My negatives are watching them blow the second straight winnable game , badly outplayed late , and then hear JLGP say they deserved better .
Consistency on a team level doesn’t come over night, and that’s probably what Pascal is hammering into the heads of the players. It’s a process and from what I’ve seen so far, the team is taking great strides forward compared to the rudderless shipwreck of a team from the past two seasons.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Call me crazy but with the way they've played so far, I'm fine with scratching KJ over Sillinger. But that's with a lot of battle and hustle from Sillinger in earlier games. After tonight I wouldn't mind if Sillinger sat.

To let him know what the standard is, but perhaps more importantly give the kid a rest. Developing players should usually not play so much.

----- this is a separate post, thanks HF ------

I'm curious how the defensive structure will look once they fully get used to it. But one downside is that it really puts them on their heels and let's other clubs get moving on the perimeter. We seem to lose our legs some of these long defensive shifts.

Reactions: ThirdPeriodTurtle

MFRONE

Feb 3, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
They're 3-2-2 trying to come out of a rebuild, go for a walk and touch grass.
You aren’t rebuilding when you give contracts out to players like Gaudreau and Severson. Injuries were what kept the team from being a middling squad last season.

Jarmo has never tried a true rebuild, he’s too busy shuffling the chairs around on the deck to hide what a lousy job he’s done. Fortunately for him he works for an absent owner who doesn’t care about the team so he can do whatever he wants with no repercussions.

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Apparently Vincent's recent talk about having 1A/1B PP units meant nothing. Jackets get a PP in the last minute of a tie game, and of course it's the first unit that gets the chance to win it despite the fact all of their goals in the game had come from the 2nd unit. Not that it's the only reason they lost but you don't deserve to win with these kind of lineup decisions in crucial moments.

Jackets have scored ZERO PP goals in preseason and regular season with Werenski on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad