GDT: Game 7 | Columbus @ Montreal | 7 PM EST

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
I feel bad for Elvis, great game by him. Anyhow, the CBJ of this season is 10x more exciting to root for than the last two seasons of misery. There are lots to things to like and I find the games actually exciting to watch!

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
4 on 3 and you can't score. Your "offensive #1 defenseman" can't put the puck away, your 10 million forward can't score from the slot. Just a joke

Reactions: tunnelvision

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Right now Johnny reminds me of Barzel when Barzel’s skating and skating around with the puck but in the final analysis not accomplishing much. Maybe I’m being harsh cause I’m just not happy with these last two games that we had and gave away.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
sure would be nice if some of these veteran players stepped up there game…. I’m looking at you JG… might be time for him to sit a game ..

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Was it my imagination or did we really skate that bad?
Jack is playing great, especially when he can focus more on offense. He's better on the boards.
What's up with Marchenko and Bean?

SteelCityCannon

Mar 25, 2017
How is our conditioning so bad? They didn’t look awful but two games in a row they just seemed to run out of gas…

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
You want the culture of this team and organization to change … quit hiring broadcasters that must watch a different game than we do … well shocks they played hard , deserved a better result . All 4 of them are a circle jerk.. alteast Jodi sometimes calls out stuff

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
on the bright side : Provorov with points in every game but one (if I’m not mistaken)
Provorov is solid, and this team is taking steps forward. Yes, we lost but still got a point. I just have this feeling that this team as a group have a good thing brewing, and Pascal might be just the guy to get these guys going in the right direction. Bemmer and Ros are good examples tonight for getting rewarded with their efforts.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Provorov is solid, and this team is taking steps forward. Yes, we lost but still got a point. I just have this feeling that this team as a group have a good thing brewing, and Pascal might be just the guy to get these guys going in the right direction. Bemmer and Ros are good examples tonight for getting rewarded with their efforts.
Another big positive is Elvis. He seems much more confident in goal, this might also be the due to a way better defensive line

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Obviously it's good to get a point, but ugh 3rd game in a row where we should have won in regulation...

They got outplayed in the second half, so the loss feels more appropriate here.

on the bright side : Provorov with points in every game but one (if I’m not mistaken)

He could have had a hat trick into his own net.

sure would be nice if some of these veteran players stepped up there game…. I’m looking at you JG… might be time for him to sit a game ..

Gaudreau was zipping and had his chances, set up a goal. He did his job.

Napoli

Oct 4, 2023
Was it my imagination or did we really skate that bad?
Jack is playing great, especially when he can focus more on offense. He's better on the boards.
What's up with Marchenko and Bean?
Marchenko is in purgatory aka being on a line with Cole Sillinger.

Sillinger has zero business being in the NHL. He competes and has a great work rate ans that's why he stays in the lineup. It's to his own detriment as the kid can't create separation at this level.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Right now Johnny reminds me of Barzel when Barzel’s skating and skating around with the puck but in the final analysis not accomplishing much. Maybe I’m being harsh cause I’m just not happy with these last two games that we had and gave away.
Not harsh. Accurate.

This season he seems to not want to attack much at all, always looking to pass. Only wants to shoot after he's held it and tried to pass for 5 seconds. Nice when it works, but I'm left feeling like we should be getting more out of him.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Not harsh. Accurate.

This season he seems to not want to attack much at all, always looking to pass. Only wants to shoot after he's held it and tried to pass for 5 seconds. Nice when it works, but I'm left feeling like we should be getting more out of him.

Wasn't someone just complaining that Johnny should have passed in OT? He's had countless shot attempts in the last few games. There's nothing wrong with his game, this is the same way he played when he had 115 pts.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Wasn't someone just complaining that Johnny should have passed in OT? He's had countless shot attempts in the last few games. There's nothing wrong with his game, this is the same way he played when he had 115 pts.
For what he's paid I beg to differ. He's got more to give, and we've all seen it before.

And I say that as a true JG fan, just ask my wife who see's the 13 Gaudreau jerseys in our closet :laugh:

Farmboy Patty

Senior Hockey Analyst
Nov 2, 2017
Not harsh. Accurate.

It seems to me that he may be overthinking things now instead of just going with the flow, but he still could easily had two points tonight. It’s a long season and things will even out with players of his caliber.

Reactions: MAHJ71

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Prior to the goal the puck is sitting in the middle of the crease and Elvis is looking the complete opposite direction instead of just covering it for a FO
So do you think he did that on purpose?

Like he looked at the puck and said "Nah, I'ma let this one go."

• Haha
Reactions: MAHJ71

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad