GDT: Game 7: Columbus at Anaheim | 10/24 10PM EDT

Lightningbolt

Oct 24, 2014
Once Dubi and Boone come back is there any way we can not play boll? He is god damn useless and offers nothing offensively. Literally all he can do is take penalties and fight. I was thinking when Dano comes back as well then the fourth line doesn't need to have boll in it. What do you guys think?

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH
Hopefully be seing Anton Forsberg getting his NHL debut tonight?

I like Anton, but I hope not. I'd like to see the Jackets get one more point out of these next two games vs Anaheim and LA. I feel much more confident with Bob in there. Also, I think McElhinney is arriving in Anaheim today

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Once Dubi and Boone come back is there any way we can not play boll? He is god damn useless and offers nothing offensively. Literally all he can do is take penalties and fight. I was thinking when Dano comes back as well then the fourth line doesn't need to have boll in it. What do you guys think?

Yet Richards always seems to make a point of mentioning Boll when he fights that it was a momentum shift or it got the boys going. Guess you know something he doesn't...

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Yet Richards always seems to make a point of mentioning Boll when he fights that it was a momentum shift or it got the boys going. Guess you know something he doesn't...

His fight yesterday kick started the wrong team though.

IHeartZherdev*

Hopefully be seing Anton Forsberg getting his NHL debut tonight?

Hopefully not. Don't think it's ideal to give a kid his first taste of NHL action on the road against Perry and Getzlaf. That would be brutal.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
His fight yesterday kick started the wrong team though.

It amazes me how much blame people place on Boll when he plays no more than 7-8 minutes a game. Yet the defense doesn't take nearly the amount of heat on here that he does and they are responsible for many goals that end up in our own net. Wiz would be my whipping boy long before I would take a shot at a 4th liner that fights for everyone in the room and is valued and respected by everyone inside the organization and certainly gets one of the loudest cheers from the crowd when he's introduced. I just don't get it...it's kind of a microcosm of our society now though, none of the hipsters like anyone that's aggressive or fights or isn't totally PC. But that's just my rant on parents and workplace America now...

If you don't think everyone on that bench plays a little more aggressive and takes a few more chances because #40 has their back, then I can't help you understand the way hockey works and we'll have to agree to disagree.

FYI, love your name, great band!

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It amazes me how much blame people place on Boll when he plays no more than 7-8 minutes a game. Yet the defense doesn't take nearly the amount of heat on here that he does and they are responsible for many goals that end up in our own net. Wiz would be my whipping boy long before I would take a shot at a 4th liner that fights for everyone in the room and is valued and respected by everyone inside the organization and certainly gets one of the loudest cheers from the crowd when he's introduced. I just don't get it...it's kind of a microcosm of our society now though, none of the hipsters like anyone that's aggressive or fights or isn't totally PC. But that's just my rant on parents and workplace America now...

If you don't think everyone on that bench plays a little more aggressive and takes a few more chances because #40 has their back, then I can't help you understand the way hockey works and we'll have to agree to disagree.

FYI, love your name, great band!

Thanks!

But I have played hockey for 16 years, both high school and a little bit of junior's where kids made teams because they could fight. I know how hockey works, but when you have a team full of grinders who aren't afraid to fight I don't think he's AS important as he was before. US being able to grind our way through games and banging bodies and keeping possession in the offensive zone is more important then one guy on the bench who can fight. Our biggest problem right now is we are missing are best bangers on the team right now, and our stabilizer on the back end.

ca5150

Jul 17, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Thanks!

But I have played hockey for 16 years, both high school and a little bit of junior's where kids made teams because they could fight. I know how hockey works, but when you have a team full of grinders who aren't afraid to fight I don't think he's AS important as he was before. US being able to grind our way through games and banging bodies and keeping possession in the offensive zone is more important then one guy on the bench who can fight. Our biggest problem right now is we are missing are best bangers on the team right now, and our stabilizer on the back end.

I should have clarified, I was talking more to the board as a whole, not really you specifically. I get your point, I know we have guys not afraid to fight, but if given the option, I would rather Foligno, Hartnell, etc. not potentially break their hand when we have Boller. And he's a good forechecker, I don't see him as a liability out there. He skates well and usually makes a good pass and some games this year, the 4th line has been really good and held it in their zone for good stretches. I'm old school, I enjoy a good fight and don't want to see that taken out of the game. Never saw anyone go for a cup of coffee during a Boll fight in the arena!

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I was very displeased with Cracknell's lack of a backcheck on the 1st Sharks goal.

I also think we should be sheltering Wennberg more than we are currently. I mean, Richards hasn't been sheltering the kid AT ALL. It's nice that Richards trusts him and sees something in him, but it doesn't seem to be doing Wennberg any service and may be hampering the team a bit. I guess the question is, with Dubi and Jenner out, who takes Wennberg's place. Closest answer I can come to is have our centers be: Joey, Arty, Letestu, and Chaput.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I was very displeased with Cracknell's lack of a backcheck on the 1st Sharks goal.

I also think we should be sheltering Wennberg more than we are currently. I mean, Richards hasn't been sheltering the kid AT ALL. It's nice that Richards trusts him and sees something in him, but it doesn't seem to be doing Wennberg any service and may be hampering the team a bit. I guess the question is, with Dubi and Jenner out, who takes Wennberg's place. Closest answer I can come to is have our centers be: Joey, Arty, Letestu, and Chaput.

My guesses on how Wennberg is being used:

Generally, I think the thought has been to see if this time can be used to accelerate his growth curve.

Specifically to moving him up for this trip, I thought perhaps Richards was attempting to create rather than react to a matchup situation. The success of that plan, if I'm even close, was, well...

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus

Agree on both points. It's not just Cracknell the whole fourth line is pretty bad maybe I'm just not used to not having the two way play of Dmack and Letestu on the forth line. Idk what to do for the Wennberg situation

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
not sure if I should be relieved or terrified

relieved. Andersen has been beast this year. Gibson has only played one game, but he was awful in it.

Anyway, stopped by and wanted to give you our line combos, as I think the one's listed in the OP are incorrect.

DSP-Getzlaf-Perry
Silfverberg-Kesler-Cogliano
Beleskey-Karlsson-Rakell
Etem-Thompson-Jackman

Lindholm-Beauchemin
Fowler-Lovejoy
Stoner-Vatanen

Gibson
Andersen

Injuries: Palmieri, Heatley, Maroon, Allen

Scratches: Fistric and Wagner

Good luck tonight.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
We are supposed to be playing to win games, not serve as a training ground for some young kid from Europe who is still getting used to the North American game. If he is doing nothing, than he is hurting the team because, I humbly suggest, WHEN YOU ARE ON THE ICE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE DOING SOMETHING POSITIVE FOR YOUR TEAM. What kind of pictures of Coach Richards does Wennberg have and where did he get them? Those are the burning questions.

pete goegan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 6, 2006
Washington, DC

We've focused on poor play from the defensemen, but lack of involvement in the defensive zone by the forwards is what has often created the breakdowns that allow open shots on goal from close range. It happened time after time vs. Dallas and looked to be the same situation on the first goal, last night. Seems too frequent that a puckcarrier is free to waltz in, unhindered, and wind up on Bob. Overall team defense really needs to tighten up or they're going to be forced into track meet shootouts, every night.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
We've focused on poor play from the defensemen, but lack of involvement in the defensive zone by the forwards is what has often created the breakdowns that allow open shots on goal from close range. It happened time after time vs. Dallas and looked to be the same situation on the first goal, last night. Seems too frequent that a puckcarrier is free to waltz in, unhindered, and wind up on Bob. Overall team defense really needs to tighten up or they're going to be forced into track meet shootouts, every night.

Good point.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008

Get outta here with that kind of sound analysis. Clearly it's always Prout or Wennberg's fault.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Given the clubs turn towards being more secretive than the CIA when it comes to injuries, who knows. I'm sure what we've been told is quite far from the whole story.

Couldn't agree more......as far as we know , he's day to day now, and tomorrow out 6-8 weeks

I would like to see them try and get Tim Gleason from the Canes. Sure He's a little older and slower. But he plays smart, hard-nosed hockey, rarely out of position. He would also bring leadership and experience to the locker room of the leagues youngest team. Canes have not won a game.....have to think He would be happy to come to Columbus. Really don't know what we would have to give up for him but I don't think it would be much. Nothing comes free.......and we need another solid D man badly.....I believe Gleason is making 1.2 this season

Thoughts? Love to hear other opinions, and if not Gleason who do you think we should try and get.

Go Jackets!

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Agree on both points. It's not just Cracknell the whole fourth line is pretty bad maybe I'm just not used to not having the two way play of Dmack and Letestu on the forth line. Idk what to do for the Wennberg situation

I was hatin' pretty hard on Chaput last year, but last night he was a positive. Won his face-offs, played physical, and blocked shots. Boll plays better when he tries to be a grinding winger instead of play the role of enforcer, last night he tried to be an enforcer.

A major point I'd like the coaches to address is, despite being one of the hardest working, blue collar teams in the league, other teams routinely block more shots than we do. We should be among the league leaders of sacrificing the body to block those shots.

thebus2288*

It amazes me how much blame people place on Boll when he plays no more than 7-8 minutes a game. Yet the defense doesn't take nearly the amount of heat on here that he does and they are responsible for many goals that end up in our own net. Wiz would be my whipping boy long before I would take a shot at a 4th liner that fights for everyone in the room and is valued and respected by everyone inside the organization and certainly gets one of the loudest cheers from the crowd when he's introduced.

But Boll makes ALMOST 2 million dollars a year. That's so much more money than I make I can't stand it!! That 1.7 cap hit is gonna cripple us in the future...we're not gonna be able to pay Bjorkstrand the 6 mil he's gonna deserve in 3 years!! If Boll had any PP prowess maybe he'd deserve 5.5 a year. He doesn't!! Dudes a COMPLETE LIABILITY on the ice. You see all the even-man rushes he's responsible for?!? 4 on 4's, 3 on 3's comin back in our zone almost every shift Boll is out there.

We NEED Mackenzie back!!

eljefe72

Jul 28, 2007
Columbus, Ohio
But Boll makes ALMOST 2 million dollars a year. That's so much more money than I make I can't stand it!! That 1.7 cap hit is gonna cripple us in the future...we're not gonna be able to pay Bjorkstrand the 6 mil he's gonna deserve in 3 years!! If Boll had any PP prowess maybe he'd deserve 5.5 a year. He doesn't!! Dudes a COMPLETE LIABILITY on the ice. You see all the even-man rushes he's responsible for?!? 4 on 4's, 3 on 3's comin back in our zone almost every shift Boll is out there.

We NEED Mackenzie back!!

If I didn't know better, I'd say you were being sarcastic. :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad