GDT: Game 7: Columbus at Anaheim | 10/24 10PM EDT

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Our 4th line is like an AHL line. I mean chaput, boll, and cracknell. Its just so crap and possibly the worst 4th line in the league in terms of offense. I have to blame the GM for not giving us a better bottom six this year.

I will say one thing for Cracknell,,,,,he really hasn't been given a chance.

Put any other player aside from Johansen and they are not going to be productive playing with Boll and Chaput

Maybe he isn't good enough to help this team.......but it's hard to judge playing on that line

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Just made it back home from the game.

Obviously it was a very bad game... pretty forgettable.

The honda center looks like a very nice arena. Very nice halls. Marble floors. Gold urinals in the club level. Huge HD monitors all around the concourse.

Terrible acoustics; couldn't hear skates cutting into the ice like you can in nationwide. Terrible announcers. The game ops were in the background. At t-shirt time they threw 3-4 t-shirts. I remember seeing that it was "Walk for Alzheimer's" night before we went there. I don't remember actually seeing anything about that inside the arena. Only flat lots for parking.

We had exceptional seats in the club level corner Jackets attack twice side. Would be like the top of 118 in Nationwide.

Anaheim fans get a solid D. Maybe it was the accoustics again, maybe it was because the arena was somewhere between 45-55% capacity, but it wasn't very loud after a ducks goal. For a Friday night with a 6-1 team, it was pretty sad.

I've been to PIT, NSH, TBL, FLA and now ANA. Nashville by far had the best fans. Very very loud. Pittsburgh was Mellon Arena the last year before Crosby lottery. All of the arenas except Nashville were less than half full.

Last edited:

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Hey fellas, just wanted to pop in and pass on my well wishes to Atkinson. When they showed the replay I feared the worst but very relieved to read he sustained no eye damage, scary scary looking play.

Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from your home game against us ;))

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
Hey fellas, just wanted to pop in and pass on my well wishes to Atkinson. When they showed the replay I feared the worst but very relieved to read he sustained no eye damage, scary scary looking play.

Good luck for the rest of the season (apart from your home game against us ;))

Thanks! My understanding is that the skate mostly hit him in the cheek and he is fine. It was very close and scary though.

I was more than a little put off by the Ducks fans in my section that were booing Cam because they thought he faked a high stick to nullify the powerplay, but I can understand how it looked that way at full speed.

bminucci

Nov 7, 2010
Santa Ana, CA
Just made it back home from the game.

Obviously it was a very bad game... pretty forgettable.

The honda center looks like a very nice arena. Very nice halls. Marble floors. Gold urinals in the club level. Huge HD monitors all around the concourse.

Terrible acoustics; couldn't hear skates cutting into the ice like you can in nationwide. Terrible announcers. The game ops were in the background. At t-shirt time they threw 3-4 t-shirts. I remember seeing that it was "Walk for Alzheimer's" night before we went there. I don't remember actually seeing anything about that inside the arena. Only flat lots for parking.

We had exceptional seats in the club level corner Jackets attack twice side. Would be like the top of 118 in Nationwide.

Anaheim fans get a solid D. Maybe it was the accoustics again, maybe it was because the arena was somewhere between 45-55% capacity, but it wasn't very loud after a ducks goal. For a Friday night with a 6-1 team, it was pretty sad.

I've been to PIT, NSH, TBL, FLA and now ANA. Nashville by far had the best fans. Very very loud. Pittsburgh was Mellon Arena the last year before Crosby lottery. All of the arenas except Nashville were less than half full.

Honda Center was half full in maybe at the start of the game but by the third there are at least 15k fans there. You are right about the loudness of the crowd; it is a mostly yuppie, family fanbase. A lot more seats are bought then occupied there. I know of my own family 6 seats only 2 were occupied. Mom is in Hawaii and brother/family had a hockey tournament Thursday - Sunday.

surf city

May 25, 2012
HB
Honda Center was half full in maybe at the start of the game but by the third there are at least 15k fans there. You are right about the loudness of the crowd; it is a mostly yuppie, family fanbase. A lot more seats are bought then occupied there. I know of my own family 6 seats only 2 were occupied. Mom is in Hawaii and brother/family had a hockey tournament Thursday - Sunday.

Just like to add that Friday nights is huge for high school football in Orange County and the rest of the southland. Come January, the Ducks will be the main focus in the OC.

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
That's asinine. No way at all was it intentional.

I disagree, but I am not going to your level and call your statement asinine, I just disagree with you

show me one other video in the history of NHL hockey where a player "kicks" his skate up in the when he can clearly see there is an opponent there

He kicks and extends his leg as far as he can.....explain to me what hockey advantage that gave him

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I disagree, but I am not going to your level and call your statement asinine, I just disagree with you

show me one other video in the history of NHL hockey where a player "kicks" his skate up in the when he can clearly see there is an opponent there

He kicks and extends his leg as far as he can.....explain to me what hockey advantage that gave him

I'm not sure it was intentional but it was Kesler. Having said that I agree that kicking your leg back like that is unusual. Glad Cam's eye is ok.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Thoughts after watching the game this a.m. Love the free Center ice/dvr combo.

I agree Wennberg should go down after (when/if?) the team gets healthy.

I thought the Jackets were playing with 5 D until I heard the announcers mention Golo in the third.

Bob does let in some goals that a truly elite goalie wouldn't. But he also makes many great saves.

Our offense really sucks. Not the goals part, we get a lot of those, just the passing, positioning, I don't know exactly, it just strikes me that we often look like the Keystone Cops out there skating around to nowhere.

The power play is inept.

Why can't we ever get a guy to screen the goalie on a regular basis?

Hopefully when Dubi & Jenner return so will the aggressive forechecking.

I don't think I care much for the Cracknell-Chaput-Boll 4th line. A far cry from Letestu-D-Mac-Tropp/Skille/Comeau.

I don't get the Murray thing either.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I will say one thing for Cracknell,,,,,he really hasn't been given a chance.

Put any other player aside from Johansen and they are not going to be productive playing with Boll and Chaput

Maybe he isn't good enough to help this team.......but it's hard to judge playing on that line

Nope. Skille could, in fact I think he was paired with those two when he scored his first goal of the year.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California

75-80% is more realistic. Late arriving crowd. I wasn't able to get in the arena until halfway through the first. 7:30 start time instead of 7:00 would help. You are right though, 7-1 record and Friday night game, we need to support our team with a loud sell out crowd. Hopefully we will get back to that level of support this season.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009

Ok

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
ouch

B0z-MuJIIAAaoA5.jpg

CoachWithNoTeam

Jul 1, 2006
San Diego
75-80% is more realistic. Late arriving crowd. I wasn't able to get in the arena until halfway through the first. 7:30 start time instead of 7:00 would help. You are right though, 7-1 record and Friday night game, we need to support our team with a loud sell out crowd. Hopefully we will get back to that level of support this season.

Yeah, I'm not sure that it ever got up to 75-80%, but I could totally understand it being a late arriving crowd with that traffic. I was moreso confused because the crowd I saw on TV Wednesday looked bigger. I figured it was the World Series, but football Friday night.

I wasn't trying to offend anyone, just trying to give an honest assessment. I was in the club level, 4 rows, about 20 seats in each row, and there were 15 total people in my section. The next section over was roughly the same. Obviously those will be a little thinner with the price, but it was pretty low overall.

I hope it was just a fluke game as far as the fans go, because the team is exceptional.

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL

I don't think a lot of the folks in Columbus understand how bad the traffic is there and that most people live far away from where they work. It's a tough situation.

Wendy Clear

Generic Statement of Happiness
Jun 20, 2010
Europe. Somewhere.
Our 4th line is like an AHL line. I mean chaput, boll, and cracknell. Its just so crap and possibly the worst 4th line in the league in terms of offense. I have to blame the GM for not giving us a better bottom six this year.

Relax man. Jesus. When you have not one but two top 6ers missing, everyone else is shifted up above where they belong and of course your lower lines suffer with guys who would otherwise be in the press box or Springfield. The Jackets rolled 4 lines successfully last year and we're a much better overall group this year (Hartnell, improvement from RyJo, etc.); they'll get it figured out.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Relax man. Jesus. When you have not one but two top 6ers missing, everyone else is shifted up above where they belong and of course your lower lines suffer with guys who would otherwise be in the press box or Springfield. The Jackets rolled 4 lines successfully last year and we're a much better overall group this year (Hartnell, improvement from RyJo, etc.); they'll get it figured out.

I know we've chalked up Horton but technically the team is missing an entire line.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
u win
ur right, always have been and always will be.....all of those plays the player kicked his skate up in the air knowing a defender was behind them

If you need someone else to tell you that wasn't on purpose, I'll step up. Lots of things can happen to throw players off balance. There's no way that was intentional. Good lord, you're saying that the Anaheim player was skating at rougly 20-25mph, leaning forward, playing the puck, fighting off a check and had the presence of mind and leverage to kick someone in the face behind him. Right.

Accidents happen. We should be focusing on the fact that Cam is ok, not some cockamamie theory that it was on purpose.

Mayor Bee

Dec 29, 2008
u win
ur right, always have been and always will be.....all of those plays the player kicked his skate up in the air knowing a defender was behind them

Dozens of involuntary reflexes in the human body, and somehow a guy falling could flail his leg back and up to tag someone in the face with his foot.

I think my old kinesiology prof would go ballistic if he were here today and if he ever showed emotion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad