GDT: Game 7: Canucks @ Flyers - 4 PM PST | SNET-P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
If we have to pay 7.5 cap hit for 4-5 years, ill almost take the pass...

they deserve it, but this team cant afford it, if they want to win a championship, they should take 5 mil/year for 5 years

Shannon knows nothing about our team, he said lou to toronto was a done deal during that fiasco.

When we were looking for a coach he also mentioned jaques martins was one of 3-4 finalists.

crazyforhockey

Jul 31, 2007
thats only 1.4 jump per player or 2.8 increase in salary .....and everyone is expecting the cap to be well over 70 mil..... so at least a 6 mil jump

Saturated Fats

This is water
Jan 24, 2007
Vancouver/Edinburgh
I would take the Twins at 7.5 if its for, like, 3 years. If it's for anything more than that, they'll be 37/38 by the latter years, and MG should thus look at something more like 6.5 spread.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I always find it funny when fans take about a poor pinch from Bieksa...

you need to sit and just watch how many times he pinches in a game(large amount) see how many he wins and extends plays in their zone,scoring chances,goals etc.....he is an above avg pinching dman

Well said. The unique skillset Bieksa brings to the team is underrated and, frankly, pretty much ignored. Even if it usually doesn't show up in his point totals, the guy creates a lot of offense for the Canucks, mostly because of his skating and ability to carry the puck into the offensive zone.

People have just lazily adopted this narrative that he's a bad defenseman, a false narrative that was founded upon the defensive gaffes that became a little more apparent when this team started putting more emphasis on the defense taking chances and helping to drive the offense.

SighReally

Sep 6, 2011
Okay I retract. Those were just ridiculously unlucky bounces. Guess Philly deserves one back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad