GAME 7 Best & Worst(Anti-Climatic)

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Flames/Lightning, really? The shots were something like 16-14 in that game. Khabibulin's save on Leopold late in the third was about all I remember that was a moment of drama. As an Oilers fan, at least I can view the contract we gave Khabby as a thank you for denying the Flames the Cup!

Especially since games 5 and 6 were pretty good games, OT and all, I could only imagine game 7 going into OT, next goal wins cup.

Big Phil

Nov 2, 2003
Flames hockey = zzzzz.

Oh wait, they're from Canada... It wasn't boring, just a hard fought defensive struggle!

No, it wasn't the best game 7 in finals history in 2004. However there was a couple moments of intrigue. Lecavalier's assist to Fedotenko was brilliant and it makes you wonder why he never did that all the time. Then of course Khabby's save in the dying moments. Overall there wasn't a lot of drama in that GAME 7, but that series in general was pretty epic.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
No, it wasn't the best game 7 in finals history in 2004. However there was a couple moments of intrigue. Lecavalier's assist to Fedotenko was brilliant and it makes you wonder why he never did that all the time. Then of course Khabby's save in the dying moments. Overall there wasn't a lot of drama in that GAME 7, but that series in general was pretty epic.

dont forget that "save" in game 6 on Gelinas.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
yeah the best one from that series was Gm2, Gm6 was pretty good too. But the two premiere stars in the league both with Hattys and the loud crowd, great game!

Roomtemperature

Apr 8, 2008
New Jersey
Yeah that 7th game between the Capitals and Penguins in 09. All the hype of Ovie vs. Crosby game 7 and then pfftttt 6-2 win by the Penguins. The other 2 game 7s were good the next day were very good Maybe not all time great (since I couldn't watch them both Vs. and all) but at least good endings

cynicism

Aug 13, 2008
Despite the fact I was at this game, and had a great time, Game 7 between Toronto and Ottawa in 2004 was pretty anticlimactic. I was rewatching it yesterday and the game was pretty much over by the time Lalime gave up Niewyndyk's second goal. The rest of the game was just killing time.

Unaffiliated

Aug 26, 2010
Richmond, B.C.
Not that it was an especially amazing game from a purely objective point of view, but the whole Bourque thing made the following game pretty sweet (entire game on YT! :))

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Not that it was an especially amazing game from a purely objective point of view, but the whole Bourque thing made the following game pretty sweet (entire game on YT! :))

Agreed, not an amazing game, but I choked up when they showed Bourque's son crying when his dad raises the cup. Your are a robot if your not moved by stuff like that.

Shadyone33

Aug 14, 2007
Toronto

Finally someone mentioned it!

Favorite game 7 - 2001 SCF

Least favorite - 2002 WCF, not because they lost but because of how badly they lost!

Bordeleau Of Blood

Archangel
Jul 28, 2005
Lame(ish)
2001 Avs def. Kings 5-1, started off good, but then avs pp came alive, at the time as an Avs fan I loved, but in retrospect kind of a let down esp after LA's dramatic game 5&6 wins

That game was actually closer than the final score indicated. It was 1-1 going into the 3rd period and the Avs just took over, finally finding a way to get a couple past Potvin. Andy Murray pulled Potvin for an extra attacker at some weird time (I don't remember exactly when, but it was way outside of the final 2 minutes) and the Avs potted an empty netter in there.

That was still one of the hardest hitting series I've ever seen.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
Homer vote: 1994 CANUCKS/RANGERS - Game 7 for the big prize both teams gave it their all. Even though my team lost this has to be one of the best hockey game 7's in recent history.

Worst: 2002 AVALANCHE/RED WINGS - The series was over in Game 6 after Roy did the Statue of Liberty. The whole game was just a mess.

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Despite the fact I was at this game, and had a great time, Game 7 between Toronto and Ottawa in 2004 was pretty anticlimactic. I was rewatching it yesterday and the game was pretty much over by the time Lalime gave up Niewyndyk's second goal. The rest of the game was just killing time.

That game was wretched to watch .. though game six was quite possibly the most fun I've ever had watching a hockey game :nod:

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
Homer vote: 1994 CANUCKS/RANGERS - Game 7 for the big prize both teams gave it their all. Even though my team lost this has to be one of the best hockey game 7's in recent history.

Worst: 2002 AVALANCHE/RED WINGS - The series was over in Game 6 after Roy did the Statue of Liberty. The whole game was just a mess.

Probably the most frustrating game to watch ever as an Avs fan. The Roy gaff and "Stick-Gate" lol (Avs coaches thought Hasek had an illegal stick) the missed PP's But Game 7 came as a complete shock to everyone. By the time they got the 4th one you just couldnt help but laugh at the whole thing and say well that's that.

Also:
2011 Game 7 BOS def MTL 4-3 OT decent game, love that Subban!

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
1987 Oilers def. Flyers 3-1 - great shot by Anderson, crowd goes *******. Great goaltending, esp by Hextall

1991 Oilers def. Flames 5-4*- down 3-0, win in OT

Both those games were great, but the 1987 game will always be a classic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad