GDT: Game 7 • Edmonton Oilers at San Jose Sharks • 7:30pm PST • Orange vs Orange Edition

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA
I saw it as the coaches thinking Couture has the best wrister on the team. All they tried to do was open up a lane for Couture to snipe. Marleau is also a bigger body in front of the net than Pavelski.

I think if Burns was healthy, they'd do Thornton, Boyle, Burns, and Marleau/Pavelski.

Would it be crazy to think they were just trying to get Couture a goal? :dunno:

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
Well didn't he say he circles games against them or something because they get all the hype or something?

Its not even just the oiler kids, it is any player that is basically his age or younger that gets hyped up to no ends. I would put good money on him marking down any games against the canes to, since he lost the calder to skinner even though he was and still is to this day the better player.

Plowevelski

wuts this SCF thing?
Nov 19, 2010
BASED PETE DaBoAR
Its not even just the oiler kids, it is any player that is basically his age or younger that gets hyped up to no ends. I would put good money on him marking down any games against the canes to, since he lost the calder to skinner even though he was and still is to this day the better player.

I still am pretty bitter about Logan not winning that calder trophy :rant:

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
Because they knew how much that game means to him.

I'm pretty sure they care about winning more. Couture's shot is the most lethal from outside the hashmarks (maybe Burns), and I think that played a way bigger factor. If they were against Colorado in OT, I doubt they'd put Galiardi out because it means a lot to him.

Kitten Mittons

Nov 18, 2007
They didn't even let Greiss play on his birthday against a ****** team, so I doubt the coaching staff has any sense of sentimentality in that regard.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad