GDT: Game 69: Red Wings @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
:wings @ :coyotes

TV: FS-AZ
Radio: 620 AM or 98.7 FM or backbenched to 860 AM as applicable.
7:00 PM

bJSKR8g.png

Goalies |
Mrazek|Smith
8475852.jpg
|
8469608.jpg

Notes and such:

I'd make a joke about hoping AJ doesn't get injured during the puck drop but well...

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I have no idea who AJ Pollock is and I don't know much about his groin troubles. I do hope the Diamondbacks are relocated to Las Vegas before the Coyotes have to leave town. Vegas or LA can have the Suns and Cardinals, too. This town should have just the Coyotes as a pro sports team. The rest can all leave tomorrow.

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
A decade ago I was in Dallas. We went to a local arena thinking we were going to a rodeo (just to soak in the Texas culture). Much to our surprise it wasn't the rodeo. It was normally rodeo night but they had a special event in town. A circus...a Shriner circus. I'm talking about trained house cats doing tricks. Thankfully we got in for free because I was wearing a Chicago Fire jersey and the rube selling tickets thought I was a fireman and let us in for free.

Tomorrow night I'm going to a local arena expecting to see a hockey game. But I don't think the talent on display will be at the level of trained house cats and I won't get in for free. I'll probably be wishing it were a Shriner circus again.

Praise be to Tim Bits. There will be light at the end of this tunnel.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
But I don't think the talent on display will be at the level of trained house cats...

Bit of an exaggeration don't you think?

In professional sports, I think the difference between the first and last place teams is often quite small, which is why any team can beat any team on any given day.

If there really was a huge difference making money betting on games would be easy.

Spirit of Lindgren

Jan 1, 2016
Man, I can't wait till tonight
I just loaded up my car, put the parking pass in the window and am ready to roll in just a few hours!!!!!
NHL hockey in my city!!!
Wonder if an octopus will be involved tonight.
probably purchased at Fry's by a Red Wing fan who also goes to all the other games in his city because he lives here and wants to support NHL hockey in his city.
It will be a mild diversion from those shovel girls if he throws it on the ice at that time.
Did you read that twitter war from something Bickley wrote about what it would take to make fans care about the Coyotes?
I like his articles and agreed with the one he wrote about the Yotes recently.
But, I sat next to him at a game.
he left in the middle of third period of a tie game that we won in overtime.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
I just loaded up my car, put the parking pass in the window and am ready to roll in just a few hours!!!!!
NHL hockey in my city!!!
probably purchased at Fry's by a Red Wing fan who also goes to all the other games in his city because he lives here and wants to support NHL hockey in his city.
It will be a mild diversion from those shovel girls if he throws it on the ice at that time.
Did you read that twitter war from something Bickley wrote about what it would take to make fans care about the Coyotes?

Ronald-McDonald-Hype-Man-MEME.png

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
NHL hockey in my city!!!

HF fan of the year!

WJF

Jul 19, 2007
Los Angeles
What's the deal with Teemu Pulkinnen? Scored in his first and only game with team, hasn't been back since. Anyone know?

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
What's the deal with Teemu Pulkinnen? Scored in his first and only game with team, hasn't been back since. Anyone know?

Thats what I was wondering. I think Pulkki deserves another shot over Duke honestly. Maybe this isn't the game he should play, but he should get in soon.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
The Coyotes are undefeated so far in the tournament of suck.

Beat #28 New Jersey, #30 Colorado, LA(because they suck in general), and tonight they square off against #27 Detroit.

Mr. Schedulemaker knew what he was doing.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Wouldn't want to sit critical members of our future like Jooris, McGinn, or Holland. *sigh*

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Wings fan here in peace. I just moved to the city and wanted to ask, if there is anything I should know about getting to the game? Parking? Things to do around the arena, etc?

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
Wings fan here in peace. I just moved to the city and wanted to ask, if there is anything I should know about getting to the game? Parking? Things to do around the arena, etc?

Ignore the signs and traffic detail directing you to paid parking lots. Park near the AMC for free.

Yard House has a decent beer selection and good food if you're looking to eat or drink before the game. It will fill up early, though. Multiple alternatives for grub and drink.

HerrDonut

May 30, 2013
Arizona
... we got in for free because I was wearing a Chicago Fire jersey and the rube selling tickets thought I was a fireman and let us in for free.
Hahaha.
I also appreciate the Goon shoutout.

I will be at Saturday's game because the preceeding career fair's registration included a ticket to the game. Tonight... I may have the game on in the background (I want to invest more in the team, but nah).

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
Wouldn't want to sit critical members of our future like Jooris, McGinn, or Holland. *sigh*

Jooris deserves to be playing. Holland probably deserves a seat in the press box but won't happen until Burmi is healthy.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Ask and we shall receive. Duke out, Pulkki in.

Can we send Duclair to the Rush? I think he's a bust for the rest of this season and didn't do too well in Tucson when he was playing there; even his shootout attempt looked like half an effort.

I hope he can bounce back, but I think that's doubtful on our roster or in Tucson (this season).

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It won't stunt the team's development to sit Duclair in favor of Pulkki. This is such a mountain made out of a mole hill. I believe that Jooris has been more of a factor in the Coyotes good play than Duclair by quite a margin. I wouldn't sit Jooris in favor of some roster manipulation that would allow Duclair and Pulkki in at the same time.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

Unfortunately, all names you mentioned are out playing Duke or play a different position. *sigh*

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad