GDT: Game 69 | Pittsburgh Penguins @ Toronto Maple Leafs | 7PM | LOL, 69!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
TBH I'm more concerned about our blue line depth then I am our forwards. If we can get ZAR and Rust back we should be fine in that regard. At least we have the possibility of getting them back prior to the playoffs. Our depth on the blue line is very precarious.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shady Machine

chethejet

Feb 4, 2012
This is a bonus type game. The big win was Philly and we will see just how much Sid and Geno want to shine tonight. No Mathews but he hasn't been that much vs the Pens this year. Need to keep Jarry going. I suspect he will be very important ala MAF was last year. Murray simply hasn't proven to be all that durable which was a concern with no real season to look at.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Yeah, I've been sorta handwaving it away the last several seasons. But I'm officially a bit concerned about Murray. Hope it's just an unfortunate rash of injuries and he's getting it out of the way, now...

I like Jarry a lot and think he SHOULD have a bright future. But he just doesn't have the same impact as Murray consistently can, IMO.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Yeah, I've been sorta handwaving it away the last several seasons. But I'm officially a bit concerned about Murray. Hope it's just an unfortunate rash of injuries and he's getting it out of the way, now...

I like Jarry a lot and think he SHOULD have a bright future. But he just doesn't have the same impact as Murray consistently can, IMO.

Jarry is reminiscent of Fleury, for better and worse.

Murray's the guy we need healthy in order to win it all.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Jarry is reminiscent of Fleury, for better and worse.

Murray's the guy we need healthy in order to win it all.

Agreed. You can see why Jarry is so well-regarded and was taken as high as he was. But it's Murray's mental game and ability to bounce back immediately that makes him so crucial.

Reactions: Warm Cookies

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
151978045130442487_zps62if6ijm.gif

JimmyTwoTimes

Apr 13, 2010
So two back to backs coming up. Luckily the rangers/Habs back to back "should" be easy wins.

Schedule has been ridiculous tho. This team would have first place locked up right now and looking for home ice throughout the playoffs if not for all those back to backs earlier in the season with Niemi in net.

It did give them some adversity to overcome tho

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017

Separated at birth? I hear Yogi every time Babcock opens his mouth...

Allie Kitsune

...and the Brawla Brawla Sewitt
Jan 7, 2006
Pennsylvania
http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Ryan-Wilson/Penguins-leave-Sprong-in-AHL-for-Toronto-game/177/91592

More analytics about why Sprong should be playing instead of Rowney or Kuhn...RW just makes Sully and JR look like goobers on this issue....

No amount of bitching is going to change Sully's mind (NOTE : This is NOT a statement as to whether Sprong should be playing or not. It's only a statement that Sully doesn't want him here). It's just pissing into the wind at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad