GDT: Game #69 (Nice) Devils in Panthers Tropic Thunder country @ 6pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camille the Eel

To be fair Jack and Bratt being off is very problematic. The season isn’t over and at this point I’d probably sit anyone with an injury to get them healthy for the playoffs. Folks get upset during a losing streak which after thr past few years isn’t surprising.
It could be that what’s ailing Jack isn’t something that rest will cure. Like a wrist or hand and we will hear in June that he’s having minor surgery the week things end.

This is in the realm of total speculation. But if what ails him was cured by simple rest I would think he would be resting.

Reactions: My3Sons

NHL Fanatik

Off the Naughty List
Mar 1, 2023
circa 2011
You can show as much concern on as many accounts as you’d like.
Just get used to me okay?

I dont wanna hear this same nonsense next season about being third overall like it matters outside of us sucking last year.

You think Boston fans give a shit about being first if they go on a losing streak? what they just never show any concern?

We should be discussing whats wrong and how to get better not just settling with 'well were third overall so f*** it right?'. Thank Christ that isnt how the coaching and players think

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Thanks for lighting some spark in me.

Just getting a tad desperate here. I hate seeing a great team throw their talent away
What’s encouraging about the big bounce is that it’s not coming from Jack and Bratt. They’re not playing well and we’re still smoking teams most nights. But that won’t be enough in the playoffs, they’ll need to get it in gear.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Thank god this team isn’t the bubble team most of us expected going into the season. I’d hate to see the state of this board if we had this type of loss while 1 point clear of the playoff line.

This is year 1 of the window. There was always going to be adversity. We’ll find out a lot about these guys down the stretch and likely against the Rangers.
Thing is they probably don't have this kind of no-show if they were in a bubble fight (exhibit A: our 2018 stretch run). There is something to be said for having to adjust to the fact most of these other teams we're playing need the game more than we do right now, a bit of a dog day stretch if you will.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Thanks for lighting some spark in me.

Just getting a tad desperate here. I hate seeing a great team throw their talent away
You may be in for a lot more hurt coming up. Great team, yes, but still learning to win. History has shown us great team’s need one or two disappointments in the playoffs before finding consistent success. This team is YOUNG.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
If you want to argue that they shouldn't have had the Carolina game due to Carolina playing better and getting goalied then have the same energy with the same TB game on Thursday which the exact same thing happened.
Where did our goalie give up three shit goals on Thursday? The Carolina goalie gave up two five-hole goals and gave away goal #3 on Sunday, I didn't look at the Bleed thread but I'd bet he dinged all three or at the very least two of those three goals. That was getting goalied on both ends of the ice, not just one.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
That's another thing, I thought this staff was supposed to have fixed our special teams lol, looked like they did early in the year but now they kinda suck
The way the team needed to adjust its effort early in the season they need to do so again. Teams are ramping up the effort for the playoffs and NJ has to do the same. Guys have to learn to pushback more as the clutching and grabbing and cheating will only increase. This season has been better than just about anyone expected. If they lose in the first round it’s still a good season. The team is still a work in progress. I understand the disappointing losses but it’s part of an adjustment. Hopefully they figure it out .

Reactions: NjDevsRR

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
The penalty kill has not been good either these past 2 games. Very loose and without pressure on the puck.

Amazing how much special teams will dictate results. Along with goaltending it’s almost “as your special teams go, so go the results” in the NHL.

Eh, I rather this rut happen now then 2012 esque where we set a league record only to go what, like 65% PK in the playoffs?

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Camille the Eel

That's another thing, I thought this staff was supposed to have fixed our special teams lol, looked like they did early in the year but now they kinda suck
It’s streaky right? After the last 2.5 months we are due for a let down I guess. This is it. It happens to most teams a few times a season. The thing is to limit it. The first time in December it was a six game losing streak, we are at 3 and counting now but hopefully will stop it here. Or with Minny at home on Tuesday.

Time to get hungry again too maybe.

It’s trite to say it but you’d rather this happened now than in mid-April.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Thing is they probably don't have this kind of no-show if they were in a bubble fight (exhibit A: our 2018 stretch run). There is something to be said for having to adjust to the fact most of these other teams we're playing need the game more than we do right now, a bit of a dog day stretch if you will.

Expectations would also be way different. We have had the 3rd best record in the league for like 70% of the year.

Hard not to have higher expectations from this group in late March.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
OMG she’s going to get the twizzlers bag! Someone help me!!!
DF6DBD5A-AB6B-453E-84E4-73F9767CE993.jpeg

Reactions: My3Sons

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It’s streaky right? After the last 2.5 months we are due for a let down I guess. This is it. It happens to most teams a few times a season. The thing is to limit it. The first time in December it was a six game losing streak, we are at 3 and counting now but hopefully will stop it here. Or with Minny at home on Tuesday.

Time to get hungry again too maybe.

It’s trite to say it but you’d rather this happened now than in mid-April.

They definitely need to find some hunger. Both flordia teams played like they wanted it more this week.

It is a silver lining that maybe learning this now helps them next month. Jack and Bratt have tk figure it out by then though.

Reactions: Camille the Eel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad