GDT: Game 69 • 3/14/2015 • Wild @ St. Louis • 7:00 PM Central • Emergency GDT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nino Noderreiter

Jul 5, 2011
The Twin Cities
Truly hope you're exaggerating to try and prove a point because that wasn't even close to the best game they've played this season.

You're paraphrasing my quote. I said it's the best game they've played because this isn't a game the Wild usually win. I know that when we're on our game we can beat teams but if we can show that we know how to play and win games even though we clearly don't have it...that's huge.

First win at STL since 07'. This is a huge confidence boost for the guys especially because they've been on the end of a quite a few of these lines albeit on the side that STL was currently on today.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I absolutely love the way Stewy congratulates Nino after his goal. Can only hear on the blues feed because Lapanta is a loud-mouth.

Blues announcers blows ours out of the rink!

Even with Panger's error on the first no-goal.... He's awesome as a color guy!

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
I'm thinking Dumba needs to keep eyes on Backes next time out.

Loved seeing that physical Dumba tonight. I only wish he wouldn't haven't been winded and twisted up. Oshie doesn't want what Dumba can give with gloves off.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I thought Brodin and Suter in particular were rock solid at the back end, although none of the Dmen made any major mistakes ( maybe one by Dumba on a pinch). I Don't mind what Leopold is bringing to the party at all. Can move the puck, has a good shot, and plays reasonably well in his own end.

Would be nice if Carter and Scandella were available to stick in the lineup next time we play the Blues. Would make us play a bit bigger.

If Vanek would have a goal like that every couple of games I would be happy.

The Blues dominated play, but the Wild were really good at limiting second chances. The only guy who really scares me on that team is Tarasenko, reminds me of Duchene a bit.

jimbowman

Mar 19, 2013
Tried to keep it classy with the Blues fans tonight at the game. Most were on board but had to give a couple "have a good night" to a few after 30 second expletive rants directed to the Wild fans in my section.

10coach*

Feb 21, 2014
Tried to keep it classy with the Blues fans tonight at the game. Most were on board but had to give a couple "have a good night" to a few after 30 second expletive rants directed to the Wild fans in my section.

Be careful. St. Louis isn't the safest/nicest city out there.

RussosBurner

Jun 19, 2012
State of Hockey
Talk about stealing a game. Dubnyk is a monster but I still don't want to play Blues if we make the playoffs. It was domination from start to finish tonight if we're being honest. Granted we're missing Scandy, Zucker, etc. but still... Have a feeling it would be a 5 or 6 games and done for us if we play the Blues in the 1st round.

Sidenote, in reading over the Blues board tonight, apparently they have a problem with us too. What's with all the vitriol and disdain for Minnesota around the league? We're nice people, aren't we? :laugh:

pateramus

Jan 10, 2013
Winnipeg
Talk about stealing a game. Dubnyk is a monster but I still don't want to play Blues if we make the playoffs. It was domination from start to finish tonight if we're being honest. Granted we're missing Scandy, Zucker, etc. but still... Have a feeling it would be a 5 or 6 games and done for us if we play the Blues in the 1st round.

Sidenote, in reading over the Blues board tonight, apparently they have a problem with us too. What's with all the vitriol and disdain for Minnesota around the league? We're nice people, aren't we? :laugh:

Winnipeg has an issue with you too. How are the Jets supposed to catch up to you if you keep racking up the points like this?!? ;)

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010

Don't know. Don't care. People hate you when you're relevant?

plock

Sonic Reducer
Oct 5, 2013
Mill City

Some people think the whole "State of Hockey" thing is a bit egotistical.I actually kind of agree with this;Do we produce the most NHL players out of the US state?Yes.Do we have a strong high school and college hockey program?Yes.Were a large number of US olympic gold medalists from Minnesota?Yes.Should we be proud of that?Yes.Should we denigrate these achievements with a conceited marketing slogan like "The State of Hockey"?No I think it does come off as somewhat egocentric.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
Some people think the whole "State of Hockey" thing is a bit egotistical.I actually kind of agree with this;Do we produce the most NHL players out of the US state?Yes.Do we have a strong high school and college hockey program?Yes.Were a large number of US olympic gold medalists from Minnesota?Yes.Should we be proud of that?Yes.Should we denigrate these achievements with a conceited marketing slogan like "The State of Hockey"?No I think it does come off as somewhat egocentric.

1) Remind me some time to introduce you to my friend Space Bar. He's a cool guy. ;)

2) I love the State of Hockey mantra. Because it's true. I always chuckle when people think that State of Hockey is just referring to the NHL, trying to jab at Minnesota with comments like: "State of hockey? They don't even have a cup!" :laugh:

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Meh... who cares. It's a slogan for the local market... it works in the local market, so it was brilliant of the franchise to do so.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
At this point, I don't see Minnesota NOT getting into the playoffs. They will do some damage as well in the playoffs. The question is, do they have enough momentum to get to the Stanley Cup? I think they do provided Dubnyk stays healthy. It's no longer a matter of depth but health.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
At this point, I don't see Minnesota NOT getting into the playoffs. They will do some damage as well in the playoffs. The question is, do they have enough momentum to get to the Stanley Cup? I think they do provided Dubnyk stays healthy. It's no longer a matter of depth but health.
It's the NHL... anything can happen once you get in.

I know our odds are very good, but I still won't rest easy until they clinch their playoff spot. That stretch run schedule is brutal!

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN

I'm really trying to not get ahead of things, but I think I'm in the same frame of mind as you are. Really think this team is just too talented to not be in the playoffs.

I really believe they can win any series.

Nice feeling to have after a couple years ago, when I think we all knew we weren't going to beat Chicago.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
It's the NHL... anything can happen once you get in.

I know our odds are very good, but I still won't rest easy until they clinch their playoff spot. That stretch run schedule is brutal!

Granted, we need to keep winning but we're now 4 points up above LA and 7 points up from SJ. Winnipeg just went 4-4-2. Los Angeles went 5-4-1 and San Jose went 5-5-0/ They need to do a LOT better than that to catch up to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad