Post-Game Talk: GAME 68 - THE BEAR roars in St. Paul - BRUINS 5 Wild 2

ShiftyNifty16

Blow it up, burn it down, hit reset and start over
Apr 11, 2014
Earth
I love Pasta, but some of his decision making has been suspect lately. He is an adventure with his zone entries on the PP and in general. I thought it would get better after the contract was done. Maybe he is pressing due to the size of it. As I posted about a month ago, prior to the signing, he leads the league in giveways.

Zacha has been their best zone entry guy. Maybe play the 2nd PP more to give Bergs, Marsh, and Pasta some rest over the rest of the season. It's been more effective during the slump. I glad Pasta tried something other than a one timer on his PP goal today. It's a start.
I was just about to mention Pasta, love the guy. I'm sure I'll get roasted for saying this. Wanna fix the PP? Take him off it, at least for awhile. He is too much the focus, he stands in the same place all the time, and everyone else moves the puck around waiting to feed it to him doing little else.

Yeah, I know he got one today, he's on what, an every 28 game pace at this point?

Reactions: Mad-Marcus and BMC

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Bertuzzi-Coyle-Frederic 5v5 had an 80% CF, 7 shots on goal to 0, and 2 high danger chances while allowing none. Other lines got more of the rewards, but the 3rd really drove the team and put the Wild on their heels, allowing the top 6 to take advantage. Great performance.

Bertuzzi continues to improve. I don't think he's going to score a lot - it's just not his game at the moment - but he was really unlucky not to get any points today and the more he's hustling and distributing great passes like he was in this one he's going to be effective for the Bs even if the production isn't high.

The Bruins don't have the out and out forward star power of the Rangers and the Leafs, but they've got tremendous depth, especially if they can get Hall and Fliggy back, and that's where they can overwhelm opponents. In that sense the likes of Bertuzzi and Coyle constantly causing havoc and keeping up the pressure is a factor that will be critical in the playoffs. Boston's bottom 6 just hasn't gotten in done in the postseason since 2019. That needs to change this year and it really should.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I was just about to mention Pasta, love the guy. I'm sure I'll get roasted for saying this. Wanna fix the PP? Take him off it, at least for awhile. He is too much the focus, he stands in the same place all the time, and everyone else moves the puck around waiting to feed it to him doing little else.

Yeah, I know he got one today, he's on what, an every 28 game pace at this point?
E8DBF375-2D2C-4A22-B224-FB27F7108C7C.gif

ShiftyNifty16

Apr 11, 2014
Earth

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
I love Pasta, but some of his decision making has been suspect lately. He is an adventure with his zone entries on the PP and in general. I thought it would get better after the contract was done. Maybe he is pressing due to the size of it. As I posted about a month ago, prior to the signing, he leads the league in giveways.

Zacha has been their best zone entry guy. Maybe play the 2nd PP more to give Bergs, Marsh, and Pasta some rest over the rest of the season. It's been more effective during the slump. I glad Pasta tried something other than a one timer on his PP goal today. It's a start.
Pasta has recorded zero giveaways the last 4 games!
Yet some people have this obsession with it!
Lol, give it a rest already!

Reactions: hrdpuk and GoBs

CAW1313

Mar 27, 2021
Macomb, MI
Impressive solid win and good game by everyone. It was nice for my saltiness to go away. They looked good and the Wild were tamed. Am I being greedy to ask for “W” tomorrow or should I enjoys todays win?

Reactions: ShiftyNifty16

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
*runs around the forum high fiving everyone and yelling at the dumb Bruins who had the audacity to score FIRE THEM ALL*

20200201_151123.gif

VICTORY COOKIES!!!!

Triple-Chocolate-Cookies-SpendWithPennies-21-500x500.jpg

*David Coyle is thrilled both his namesakes got points today*

What.a.game. by Charlie Coyle. Even though he only got the one assist on Freddy's goal, he was an absolute monster out there. Maybe even his best game as a Bruin.

So good to see the Bruins start on time, play the way they're capable of playing and then finishing on time.

Even better to see a goalie hug, I missed it after all the losses!!!

Shuffle off to Buffalo now....

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Pasta has recorded zero giveaways the last 4 games!
Yet some people have this obsession with it!
Lol, give it a rest already!
Still it's been an issue for awhile. I'll admit he is making an effort to dump the puck in more, but giveways, turnovers what ever they are using as stats, don't replace the eye test. He can be an adventure and needs to clean his judgement up before the playoffs.

It's not an obsession, it's a reality. I'm glad Pasta is signed, goal scorers of his stature are rare. That does not make him a 100% complete player. If he is going to be one of the leader when Bergs, Krech, and Marsh are gone, he needs to be someone to count on in all situations. He is talented enough, but his game still has room for growth.

Reactions: bruinshoper

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
Winning in Minnesota isn't easy and with 3 main guys for out for us even more impressive. This team is super solid and hope lauko sticks here gives us that element of what mick in rocky used to say we need speed ! Grease lightning speed!

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Bertuzzi-Coyle-Frederic 5v5 had an 80% CF, 7 shots on goal to 0, and 2 high danger chances while allowing none. Other lines got more of the rewards, but the 3rd really drove the team and put the Wild on their heels, allowing the top 6 to take advantage. Great performance.

Bertuzzi continues to improve. I don't think he's going to score a lot - it's just not his game at the moment - but he was really unlucky not to get any points today and the more he's hustling and distributing great passes like he was in this one he's going to be effective for the Bs even if the production isn't high.

The Bruins don't have the out and out forward star power of the Rangers and the Leafs, but they've got tremendous depth, especially if they can get Hall and Fliggy back, and that's where they can overwhelm opponents. In that sense the likes of Bertuzzi and Coyle constantly causing havoc and keeping up the pressure is a factor that will be critical in the playoffs. Boston's bottom 6 just hasn't gotten in done in the postseason since 2019. That needs to change this year and it really should.
If Hall comes back healthy the bottom six should be dominant. Bertuzzi will be like the monkey wrench guy who can slot in for anybody who gets banged up but if they are all healthy he might even end up on the 4th line which might just make that line a dominant difference maker in a close game.

Should introduce him to Milan Lucic
lol, that's just mean :)

I don't think Buffalo's ever recovered from that moment. It still haunts them.

ShiftyNifty16

Apr 11, 2014
Earth
Just beat 2 playoff teams in a row by a combined score of 8-2 and I come in here and see people talking about taking the guy who’s second in the league in goals off the power play after a game where he scored on the power play.

I love this place sometimes
And all the context of those comments zipped right on by. Talk about loving a place!:biglaugh:

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
And all the context of those comments zipped right on by. Talk about loving a place!:biglaugh:

I mean you said he’s on a one in 28 pace despite. It’s true that he hadn’t scored a goal on the pp in that long but no one was scoring on the pp.

He’s got 15 on the year. Taking your best pp performer off the pp isn’t going to fix it. Who would you even replace him with?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad