Post-Game Talk: GAME 68 - THE BEAR roars in St. Paul - BRUINS 5 Wild 2

ShiftyNifty16

Blow it up, burn it down, hit reset and start over
Apr 11, 2014
Earth
I mean you said he’s on a one in 28 pace despite. It’s true that he hadn’t scored a goal on the pp in that long but no one was scoring on the pp.

He’s got 15 on the year. Taking your best pp performer off the pp isn’t going to fix it. Who would you even replace him with?
I surrender. He's the hottest PP master that ever lived. :sarcasm:

Reactions: danpantz

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
From your site:
David Pastrnak leads the league in giveaways.

Followed by fellow bum losers:
Evgeni Malkin
Artemi Panarin
Erik Karlsson
Leon Draisaitl
Nikita Kucherov

All of which are over 80 a piece and within 8 total of Pastrnak.

Personally, I hope he continues to turn the puck over. Means he’s creating on the ice and pushing the pace offensively.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
I love Pasta, but some of his decision making has been suspect lately. He is an adventure with his zone entries on the PP and in general. I thought it would get better after the contract was done. Maybe he is pressing due to the size of it. As I posted about a month ago, prior to the signing, he leads the league in giveways.

Zacha has been their best zone entry guy. Maybe play the 2nd PP more to give Bergs, Marsh, and Pasta some rest over the rest of the season. It's been more effective during the slump. I glad Pasta tried something other than a one timer on his PP goal today. It's a start.
I've been rolling my eyes and predicting the turnover, or "special zippy zoodle Pasta pass to nobody" for quite awhile now. However, I actually thought that today he simplified his game for the most part. I know it's fun to make the "amazing, seeing eyed pass"...but honestly when the Bruins just make the SIMPLE quick passes....and get the "Tiltawhirl" going...they are just deadly and they wear the defenders down. I really liked Pasta's game today...he was playing the body at times, seemed to win more battles, and to my eyes didn't try nearly as many of those silly passes.

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
All great goal scorers turn the puck over. Because they have it more.

McDavid is 12th in the league with turnovers.
The top 10 in giveaways is an All Star team. But not all the those players are on winning teams. This was a graphic I posted in February.
Still bad decision making loses games in the playoffs. I'd just like to see him make the simple easy play, more often.
Part of the problem is Pasta thinks the game very fast and sometimes his teammates are not on the same page. He makes some iffy passes in his own zone that the D sometimes, obviously were not expecting.
Not all lead to goals against, but do cause unnecessary zone time for the opponent.
Giveaways.PNG

Reactions: Donnie Shulzhoffer

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
The top 10 in giveaways is an All Star team. But not all the those players are on winning teams. This was a graphic I posted in February.
Still bad decision making loses games in the playoffs. I'd just like to see him make the simple easy play, more often.
Part of the problem is Pasta thinks the game very fast and sometimes his teammates are not on the same page. He makes some iffy passes in his own zone that the D sometimes, obviously were not expecting.
Not all lead to goals against, but do cause unnecessary zone time for the opponent.
View attachment 671892

Not all Giveaways are created equal. Do they have stats that show which Giveaways directly led to goals against (sort of pic 6ish) or penalty taken because of it?

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
Not all Giveaways are created equal. Do they have stats that show which Giveaways directly led to goals against (sort of pic 6ish) or penalty taken because of it?
Maybe, I had to Google a deep dive to find that graphic. I know some of Pasta bad decisions on the PP have led to Shorties and at the least breakaways or odd man rushes.

I want to be clear, Pasta is a unicorn of a scorer for recent Bs history. His PP goal yesterday is an example of somethings you can't teach.

Being more responsible and knowing when something isn't there and not forcing it, can be taught.

As I said above, somewhere, I believe he thinks the game on a different level than certain teammates, and that gets the team in trouble sometimes.

Not surprisingly, Marchie is on that list as well. The more creative players, seemingly make more risky plays.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad