GDT: Game # 68 - New York Rangers @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:30pm EST - TNT (Pirates of the Caribbean edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
iu
We're all going to be doing that after Frankie V buries a couple of more tonight.

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
are the pens the only team ahead of us because of their wings trouncing? i dont remember how many of those were es/pp
7 were at even strength, 3 on the PP and 1 SH.

They have 13 total in 5 games. 4 of the other 6 all came in one game against Columbus. They had 1 against Buffalo and 1 in 2 games against us.

Edit: When Pittsburgh beat us 1-0, it was a PP goal, so they only have 1 even strength goal and 3 PP goals against us this year in 3 games.

Edit2: Florida has 13 in 4 games and Carolina has 16 in 5 games.

Last edited:

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
Still waiting for the inevitable home stand that seemingly has to come…

Feels like we play every single game on the road.
So true and a ton of B2B's on the road. Brutal schedule tbh. I can't remember if they have played more than 2 games in a row at home all year. It's been so disjointed. They play zero games for 2 weeks in early February and then have to play 35 games in a little over 2 months. The good news is they play 10 of their last 14 games at home and they do actually play 3 games in a row at home during that stretch.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Anyone know if the Rangers had a morning skate today? I'm waiting for an update of whether Strome is playing or not. Apparently he wasn't ruled out and did travel with the team.

LeetchisGod

This is a bad hockey team.
May 21, 2009
Washington, DC
After tonights Game - there are 14 regular season Games left in April. 10 of them at MSG, 4 on the Road. All close by on the East Coast. New Jersey, Philly, Long Islanders and Boston. Talk about a light travel schedule. This might be very good...
It will be very disappointing if they aren't able to secure home ice against the flightless birds. No excuses.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
After tonights Game - there are 14 regular season Games left in April. 10 of them at MSG, 4 on the Road. All close by on the East Coast. New Jersey, Philly, Long Islanders and Boston. Talk about a light travel schedule. This might be very good...

I remember in 05-06, the last time we had a team that hadn't made the postseason in a while, they lost I think like 6 straight heading into the postseason sweep by the Devils.

It didn't help that Rucinsky broke his... hand? (I think) but it was still a big time collapse and Henrik had those teeth-grinding migraine problems.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017

2 home games against the Canes as well. Lets get the #1 seed

Holocene

Mar 10, 2011
Toms River, NJ
I can see a letdown being we play the majority of games against teams outside the playoffs. After all these are the NY Rangers we're talking about. I think we were fortunate we beat Buffalo the other night.

It's too bad we don't play our remaining games against all playoff teams. LOL
nah we out played sabres for a majority of that game. geo was not good. this team however, since the deadline, hasn’t really needed either goalie to steal games. haven’t relied on the pp to score as much either, which is good since we’ve had only 1 pp in each of the last 3 games lol. a lot of es goals.

Reactions: egelband

OTGHockey

Mar 25, 2022
outsidethegarden.com
History suggests a close game tonight.

8 of the last 12 between these two teams in Detroit have gone to OT (including shootout)
13 of the last 14 have been decided by one goal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad