GDT: Game # 68 - New York Rangers @ Detroit Red Wings - 7:30pm EST - TNT (Pirates of the Caribbean edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I have to say it is fascinating this team has 43 wins after 67 games played. It was drilled into our minds all year that this was a bad hockey team and it was completely unsustainable. How could this be possible? They should make a documentary on this miracle team.

:sarcasm:
And they said it about the Vegas Golden Knights all the way to the cup final.

Wouldn't say no to one of those this year.

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Drury has added the pieces to compete in the playoffs. We had the star power up front. We had it in Fox on the 1st pair and PP1. We had Zibanejad-Kreider-Panarin. We have young talent that is growing and learning. We needed the “heavier” pieces to fill out the depth and holes and can withstand the grind of the playoffs. Maybe we wont win the cup. Maybe we only win one round. Maybe no rounds. But we will be a bitch to play against. Pittsburgh has been introduced to this over the last two meetings.

Drury looks much closer to Sakic/Yzerman as a GM than he does Chiarelli/Holland like he was made out to be.

RGY

Kreid or Die
Jul 18, 2005
Long Island, NY
And they said it about the Vegas Golden Knights all the way to the cup final.

Wouldn't say no to one of those this year.
And as good as that team was and Fleury… we have the better goalie, the better star power, and we have the growing talented youth.

Btw, coming from a staunch critic of Chytil, he was solid last night. His effort was top notch. Especially that shift in the 3rd where he was forechecking by himself and just outworked the 2 Penguins players behind their own net. Nothing came of it, but it killed a little clock and it just kept PIT on their heels.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
Can Kreider score 10 more goals in the last 15 games to break the record? PPG is all but in the bag at this point.

Reactions: egelband

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
I'm most interested in seeing how Panarin and Copp look. To me, Panarin has looked better with Copp than he did with Strome but we need to grow the sample size. He seemed very aggressive yesterday in terms of working to get his own shots off and he seemed to be more of an "equal opportunity" passer at even strength instead of just zeroing in on Strome like he's done for much of this season.

This is actually a perfect opportunity for the front office to see how that pairing works and gather intel on what they want to do in the offseason.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
I see Frankie V with one or two more tonight. He's on fire and Zibad is openly looking for him on every shift.

Reactions: egelband

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
Still waiting for the inevitable home stand that seemingly has to come…

Feels like we play every single game on the road.

7 of the next 9 at home with the road games being in NJ & PHI. Overall the schedule is very favorable with very little travel down the stretch. Godsend after playing the majority of the first half on the road.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
With a win Georgiev would have a.....4 game win streak?

But I thought we only win thanks to Igor?
He’s still been the worst goalie in the league in all but 1 of his last 5 games
HGwkZwl.jpg

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
7 of the next 9 at home with the road games being in NJ & PHI. Overall the schedule is very favorable with very little travel down the stretch. Godsend after playing the majority of the first half on the road.
I can see a letdown being we play the majority of games against teams outside the playoffs. After all these are the NY Rangers we're talking about. I think we were fortunate we beat Buffalo the other night.

It's too bad we don't play our remaining games against all playoff teams. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad