GDT: Game 68: Coyotes @ Flames / 12 Mar 2016 / 7 AM Pakistan ST/ TV: FSAZ /Radio: 98.7 FM

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
People say Gio is as good as OEL? He was completely played by a rookie on that third goal.

He was better last year before he was injured. He's not now but still damn good after a rough start while recovering. These things go up and down naturally but rep and past results will carry you for awhile.

Currently we're in the "OEL IS SO OVERRATED CAUSE ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT HIM NOW WHEN THEY WEREN'T BEFORE SO OBVIOUSLY HE'S OVERRATED" phase. This has nothing to do with Gio just making a note.

Ebb

the nondescript
Dec 22, 2015
PA
Well we got a win, which I don't mind. At least Smith will be back soon

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
He was better last year before he was injured. He's not now but still damn good after a rough start while recovering. These things go up and down naturally but rep and past results will carry you for awhile.

Currently we're in the "OEL IS SO OVERRATED CAUSE ALL THESE PEOPLE ARE TALKING ABOUT HIM NOW WHEN THEY WEREN'T BEFORE SO OBVIOUSLY HE'S OVERRATED" phase. This has nothing to do with Gio just making a note.

:laugh:

Without the caps your message wouldn't have been nearly as accurate.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Gordon is a good foot soldier. Can't be mad. Even Richardson has been more of a positive than a negative on the season.
If Chipchura or Grossman (who we could have flipped at the deadline but decided not to) start making a difference in games down the stretch, then I'll be pissed.

We even tank half-***ed

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
We even tank half-***ed

Sadly as much as we want them to tank, no team intentionally tanks. Biggest reason we tanked so well last year is because Maloney assisted us in doing so. Our luck, Smith is going to be lights out when he comes back and we'll go on a winning streak.

I wonder how OEL is doing, our defense seems to be trying harder with him out. Which means they are relying on him and not playing to their full potential when he IS playing. The players doing so need to go. I hate when players decide to step up their game only after a key player is injured.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Sadly as much as we want them to tank, no team intentionally tanks. Biggest reason we tanked so well last year is because Maloney assisted us in doing so. Our luck, Smith is going to be lights out when he comes back and we'll go on a winning streak.

I wonder how OEL is doing, our defense seems to be trying harder with him out. Which means they are relying on him and not playing to their full potential when he IS playing. The players doing so need to go. I hate when players decide to step up their game only after a key player is injured.

Yep. As the mantra goes, management tanks, not players.

Players go out and give their best effort (or, maybe sometimes not, but if they don't it's not because they're trying to help the organization's future). Management tanks but icing an uncompetitive roster.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Grumble, grumble,

oh wait...

Grumble, grumble...Boyd Gordon...crap no offense 4th liner..overpaid...first 2 goals all year in one week...grumble, grumble...robbing us of ping pong combinations....f***king loser I HATE HIM SO MUCH!!!

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Grumble, grumble,

oh wait...

Grumble, grumble...Boyd Gordon...crap no offense 4th liner..overpaid...first 2 goals all year in one week...grumble, grumble...robbing us of ping pong combinations....f***king loser I HATE HIM SO MUCH!!!
I know you're being sarcastic, but I'm still putting this here.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Yep. As the mantra goes, management tanks, not players.

Players go out and give their best effort (or, maybe sometimes not, but if they don't it's not because they're trying to help the organization's future). Management tanks but icing an uncompetitive roster.

I'm just saying the decision to keep expiring contracts instead of flipping them for assets when you know you're not going anywhere is half-***ed. Trying to have our cake and eat it too. We can't/won't commit to a plan of action. "We're not going anywhere and need more assets, but we need the expiring contract players to remain a bad team instead of being a... bad one. Also, Playoffs."

Could be the difference in a couple lottery balls, plus the missing picks. Even ignoring optics who decides thay Chipcura and Grossman (who wasn't even playing at the dealine when we were healthy) are worth more to this franchise on the ice for 20 games than extra picks at this point? They have to rebuild, and it's killing them (bc who likes losing -- and hey, we're the smartest guys in the room. We're so close to squeezing into the playoffs with a bad roster. We've done it once before), so they half-*** it. They either can't objectively evaluate the players, or they can't evaluate where we're at as a roster/franchise. It's a bit maddening.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I love it when players step up their game when a star player is out. It gives them more confidence and knowing that they can do it when asked.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad