GDT: Game 68: Coyotes @ Flames / 12 Mar 2016 / 7 AM Pakistan ST/ TV: FSAZ /Radio: 98.7 FM

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun

200px-Arizona_Coyotes.svg.png

Arizona Coyotes

RIEDER - HANZAL (A) - TIKHONOV
TANGUAY - VERMETTE(A) - DUCLAIR
DOMI - RICHARDSON - DOAN (C)
MARTINOOK - GORDON - PLOTNIKOV

CONNAUTON - MURPHY
DAHLBECK - MICHALEK
GROSSMANN - STONE

DOMINGUE
LANGHAMER

VS

200px-Calgary_Flames_Logo.svg.png

Calgary Flames

Gaudreau - Monahan - Hudler
Bennett - Backlund - Frolik
Ferland - Granlund - Colborne
Bouma - Stajan - Jooris

Giordano - Brodie
Russell - Hamilton
Smid - Engelland

Ortio

(I have no freaking idea about Calgary. Hell, they're currently worse than we are.)

Interesting Notes

Nothing is interesting anymore.

Siignal

Apr 16, 2014
Berlin
Brodie and Bennett out tonight according to the Flames website. If you guys need a W its a good night

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
Flames got Jyrki Jokipakka from DAL in that trade; one of the better names in hockey.

Tonight could be the start of something awful without OEL, so hang on to your butts. I'm sure Connauton won't actually lead the defense corps in ice time, but as I look up and down the list and try to figure out who will, none of the alternatives look particularly appealing.

We cringe at the thought of spending $5.7m on spastic goaltending, but CGY is spending $8.5m prorated this year on Jonas Hiller -- who seems to be terrible all of a sudden -- and Nicklas Backstrom -- who hasn't actually played in over a year. Anyone who thinks acquiring Tanguay at the deadline was silly should look at that deal ... yeeeuch.

Anyway, enough acting like this is a real game worthy of thought and analysis and positive thinking.
Brodie and Bennett out tonight according to the Flames website. If you guys need a W its a good night
We stopped needing wins when OEL got injured. Now we need lottery odds.

Nordic*

Oct 12, 2006
Tellus
How long is OEL out?

Teams can vome together and over-perform for a limited period of time, when their star and back-bone isn't availible.

Calgary has injuries and also nothing to play for, so the chances of winning this game look pretty decent.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I don't mind Domi and Duclair being split up on occasion but do something other than this Domi-Richardson-Doan thing please. It ain't working the last 4 games or so they've been doing it.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Sarcasm aside, I actually think Doan is the bigger problem than Richardson on that line. Don't think Doan and Domi make a good pair at all.

Yeah, because by the time Doan actually makes it into the attacking zone several seconds after Domi, he's been double teamed and stripped of possession with no support in the attacking zone.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Doan even at his best for the most part has never been the type to use his linemates well or be elevated by them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad