Scratches
Lyubimov, Schultz

Scratches
Raffl

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Caps lost again, we need these two points. If the difference between us and first place ends up being those Buffalo points I'm going to be royally pissed off.

Also, why is Tynan still in the lineup? Surely Hannikainen would be the better option.

letsgooooooojackets

Mar 10, 2017
CBJ
Let's get a huge W tonight boys. If we win tonight and Pittsburgh lose, I think we have a huge chance of winning the division title, and thus the President's Trophy, which would be the first two banners at NWA. I know, let's not get ahead of ourselves, but I hope Torts will have the boys back to their best after a horrific choke job against Buffalo. Using tonight as a springboard for the final ~16 games of the season, let's try to get the best seeding possible and make some serious noise in the playoffs.

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Agreed but who else would you put there? Harrington is the only other healthy scratch and I'm sure Torts would like to get Josh and Matty back with Bill as soon as possible.

Personally I would move Hartnell up (despite that line playing well), put Calvert in his spot and Korpi would stay as 4th line LW.

I think Korpi on Wennberg's line would handicap that line more than moving Hartnell off the Gagner line would.

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Jackets 4-1 and win over the Flyers faithful who start cheering for them half was through the game. After the game and after fighting Ivan "Drago" Provorov, Dubi, holding a CBJ flag behind him, gives the same speech as Rocky including "I guess I didn't like you much none either" and "If I can change and you can change then we can all change!" Philly fans cheer their hearts out for Dubi and become much nicer people.

giphy.gif

gorby-claps.gif

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Agreed that Korpikoski has been rather invisible since the trade, but at least he was generating some decent even strength offense with Dallas. Maybe moving him off of the 4th line to a line with Wennberg/Saad could get him going a bit. I mean, he's got the speed and generates scoring chances. He just has stone hands (according to Dallas fans).

CarolinaBlueJacket

Mar 3, 2011
North Carolina
Caps lost again, we need these two points. If the difference between us and first place ends up being those Buffalo points I'm going to be royally pissed off.

Also, why is Tynan still in the lineup? Surely Hannikainen would be the better option.

The Caps have only had 2 decent wins in the last 10 against Rangers and Flyers. Now is the time to pounce and go for 1st or 2nd in the Metro (and East).

To pick out one game vs Buffalo in an 82 game schedule would be kind of silly. Why not the 5-4 loss to Rangers or 5-3 loss to the Canes or 4-2 loss to NYI in Jan? Hell why not the first 2 games of the year when they lost to Boston and SJS? All points are equal. I don't see why the Buffalo loss matters more than any others. The most important games left are March 23 & Apr 2 vs Caps and Apr 4 vs Pens.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad