GDT: Game #68 - 03.16.14 - at Winnipeg - 7:00 PM - TXA21 - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
I don't know, I'd trust a Jets fan to recognize a bad goaltender. :sarcasm:
Woah whats with the personal attack? I never said our goaltending was any better, HOWEVER, I have been an NHL fan for many many many years back to the original Jets 1.0 16+ years ago, and I do happen to like more than one team.

Tim Thomas should have stayed retired. He is not the same goaltender he used to be. I don't see how you can argue that point.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Woah whats with the personal attack? I never said our goaltending was any better, HOWEVER, I have been an NHL fan for many many many years back to the original Jets 1.0 16+ years ago, and I do happen to like more than one team.

Tim Thomas should have stayed retired. He is not the same goaltender he used to be. I don't see how you can argue that point.

I guess you missed the whole sarcasm smiley. :laugh:

Brand New Stars

Not many players retire the second they go past their prime.

Bkennedy*

Guess you didn't watch vs CBJ or STL or MIN where he was absolutely phenomenal. One bad game doth not a bad goaltender make.

Also, if you knew the alternative (Dan Ellis), you'd be praising Tim Thomas as the best goalie on earth.

Bkennedy*

Good news still boys. PHX loses to LA tonight and we're back where we started. Winnipeg is truly nothing to worry about as far as playoffs are concerned.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
I guess you missed the whole sarcasm smiley. :laugh:
Yep :)

Not many players retire the second they go past their prime.
Nope, and not many end up returning once retired.

Guess you didn't watch vs CBJ or STL or MIN where he was absolutely phenomenal. One bad game doth not a bad goaltender make.

Also, if you knew the alternative (Dan Ellis), you'd be praising Tim Thomas as the best goalie on earth.
If he played for any other team you would agree with me. Tim Thomas isn't near what he used to be, Florida hasn't made much improvement with him there (which is why he was traded) :)

Anyways, good luck to you guys, I was a Stars fan back in the day, love the team. Modano was once one of my favorite players.

Good news still boys. PHX loses to LA tonight and we're back where we started. Winnipeg is truly nothing to worry about as far as playoffs are concerned.
Season isn't over yet :)

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Jets fan coming in peace.

Thomas is a bad goaltender, plain and simple, he hasn't been good since he won the cup with Boston, not sure why GMs keep picking him up or talking him up.

Let's be serious for a moment, last night he looked like a trout flopping around on a dry dock until he was pulled. There was probably close to 6 more really good chances the Jets had where your defense bailed him out, out of those 6 times 4 of them Thomas was flopping around on the ice or entirely out of position.

Hope you guys rebound, I look forward to a friendly fight to the finish between our clubs :D

Cheers.

no-hell-no.gif

:sarcasm:

Bkennedy*

Yep :)

If he played for any other team you would agree with me. Tim Thomas isn't near what he used to be, Florida hasn't made much improvement with him there (which is why he was traded) :)

I've never said he's as good as he was. But he's a backup that's better than your starter. So why the hell are you randomly coming in here trash talking?

Season isn't over yet :)
For you guys it's pretty grim.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
I've never said he's as good as he was. But he's a backup that's better than your starter. So why the hell are you randomly coming in here trash talking?

For you guys it's pretty grim.
Man you have me all wrong if you think I'm trash talking. For what it's worth, OUR backup is better than our starter :D

I wasn't :)

Cheers.

Bkennedy*

Man you have me all wrong if you think I'm trash talking. For what it's worth, OUR backup is better than our starter :D

I wasn't :)

Cheers.

Fair enough, sorry if I misinterpreted you.

And for what it's worth as well, our chances look pretty grim too haha :laugh::laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad