Post-Game Talk: GAME 67- The B's set their clocks back instead of ahead - St. Louis 5 BRUINS 1

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
offside review is the worst thing the league has brought into the game. the obvious 5 feet offside calls that linesmen blew make sense to get
right, but the spirit of the rule is totally broken. every team has a bunch of video nerds checking each blue line entry for millimeters. so dumb.

Sometimes I wonder if the NHL even realizes it's in the entertainment business.

TobanWest

Jan 28, 2020
I posted earlier that I thought from watching every game this season Pasta was not a very good puck handler based on what I'd observed.
A response followed saying I was stupid for posting that.
Now you post that Monty is not doing his job, even though all the teams near the top in points have much more overall talent than the BRUINS.
I would respond by saying that Monty is doing a much better job coaching than Pasta is doing handling the puck.
Not sure the two topics correlate. I'm frustrated with Monty's decisions. Your saying a top 5 player in the league needs to learn how to stick handle.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
steaming pile of dog poop of a game

The boys looked meh most of the game, so too were the linesmen, total butchered call on the Brazz goal was BS

Onto the next one

Reactions: BMC and lopey

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Not sure the two topics correlate. I'm frustrated with Monty's decisions. Your saying a top 5 player in the league needs to learn how to stick handle.
A hockey player starts stick handling at 4-5 years old. Works his way through every level. Gets established in the NHL and forgets how to properly handle a damn puck. I saw this on the Discovery Channel. History's Greatest Mysteries. You wonder why Monty ripped his hair out!;)

steaming pile of dog poop of a game

The boys looked meh most of the game, so too were the linesmen, total butchered call on the Brazz goal was BS

Onto the next one
Maybe that flu the Leafs have every time they play the Bruins going through the squad.

Reactions: TobanWest

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
I have said it before: listening to sports radio is audio doomscrolling and Felger will say things to piss off people so that they tune in and he makes $$$. Similar to cable news shows (which are all about outrage and entertainment) and social media platforms (which are inundated by bots and trolls to stir the outrage pot). People nowadays can't distinguish reality anymore and survive on their manufactured anger and unfortunately act out on it.

David Pastrnak has 41 goals.
The Bruins team has 223 goals.
Pasta is responsible for 18.4% of the Bruins' goal scoring.
Without Pasta's goals, we would be 7 goals behind Buffalo and 2 goals ahead of the Habs and be out of the playoffs.
Brad - 27, Coyle - 21, Zacha and Trent - 17, Geekie and Jake - 15, Heinen and JVR - 11 and the rest of the team is single digits.
Let's all hope Pasta doesn't suffer a big injury.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Pasta gets hurt they are a .500 team at best.
After this nightmare example of defense I stopped watching. 2-2 and for some reason Coyle leaves Saad and starts watching the puck, then Saad manhandles Shattenkirk and tucks it in. Enough for me.

View attachment 834489
Coyle is grossly overrated in every aspect of his game other than offensive zone puck control.

He hides his laziness well

Reactions: Ozzy Osbourne

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I have said it before: listening to sports radio is audio doomscrolling and Felger will say things to piss off people so that they tune in and he makes $$$. Similar to cable news shows (which are all about outrage and entertainment) and social media platforms (which are inundated by bots and trolls to stir the outrage pot). People nowadays can't distinguish reality anymore and survive on their manufactured anger and unfortunately act out on it.

Without Pasta's goals, we would be 7 goals behind Buffalo and 2 goals ahead of the Habs and be out of the playoffs.
Brad - 27, Coyle - 21, Zacha and Trent - 17, Geekie and Jake - 15, Heinen and JVR - 11 and the rest of the team is single digits.
Pasta also has 53 assists.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020

The point of your post is not lost on me. With no Pasta this team is in real trouble. But so would any team with a Pasta on it.

That said your math isn't right. Someone plays in Pasta's top line RW spot if Pasta isn't in it. Probably Debrusk. So we'd lose about half the goals in the math, not all the goals. So we'd be Calgary or Minny, kind of thing.

The more you know!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
You know the Bruins must of played on hell of a horrible game to have posters jump on Pasta. Considered on of the best forwards in the world. Bruins win by committee this year. They aren't going to win every game. Put this one on the back burner and win the next one.
Some posters have an agenda. ...That is why we have the ignore feature.

Don’t let Jacob’s see you giving out free stuff lol
It was Shattenkirk giving it out. He just asked me to be sure the little girl got the stick. He didn't want to just toss it over the glass.

Sometimes a big person grabs stuff meant for the kids. It is so pathetic but happens too often. It pisses off the players.

goldnblack

Jun 24, 2020
I'm trying to think of the list of forwards in the NHL better than Pasta today.

I have like 3-4 guys who are. 3 guys in his tier. And then I have guys like Auston Matthews in the tier BENEATH. Most of these players are centers.

And then to make it even more granular, Pasta is a top TWO (at worst 3) winger in the NHL today.

If this is the guy we want to pick at, it's gonna be a long day. Does he have parts of his game that could improve? Yeah sure. But that doesn't change the above. We are dealing with a first ballot HOF trajectory, on route to beat every Bruins record out there (except maybe assists). Let that sink in.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
They really need to alter the offside review, man. I'm not just saying that because the Bruins got hosed, either.

- 30 second review (If you're any longer, you're looking for a reason for it not to be a goal)
- Full speed review, don't dumb it down to 200 frames per second on a zoomed in object that looks like one big pixel
- Make the full blue line onside.
- If defending team gains possession, it can no longer be challenged.

It's going to be hilariously sad watching a team clinch a what they thought was a cup victory in overtime. Gear everywhere, giant celebration, fans losing their minds only for it to be challenged and deemed offside by a zoomed in, 200 frame per second pixelated image where the puck appears to be offside by a sesame seed.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Is 34th really all that impressive for a first or second line Center.
Take a look just above him and below him...he's up there with the players everyone would be clamouring over as Bruin first line center considerations.

To me the eye test works best. He's been really good this year. All started when Bergeron and Krejci were injured last year's playoffs. He stepped up big time and I believe the bruins won every game he started as center.

Last edited:

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I dont get how some people want to blame Monty or any coach for the team coming out flat. What is he supposed to do give a rousing speech each game. These guys are pros. Supposed to be ready to play on their own. I get it 82 games snd stinkers happen but its not on the coach. When they come out flying in games no one says Monty got them ready. Then its the players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad