GDT: Game #67: Sharks at Blue Jackets (4pm PT)

sharkbite3

Custom boozer title
Apr 4, 2009
Seaside, CA
As a Blue Jackets fan I wanna say the Sharks played a awesome game against the Jackets.
No question the Sharks are going to be at the very least playing in the WCF this season.
Good luck the rest of the season.

You've got a lot to look forward to as a Jackets fan. You guys are actually my second-favorite team because of guys like Johansen, Jenner, Atkinson and the vets like Wisniewski and Tyutin. Sharks got pretty lucky tonight and were bailed out by a really good goaltending performance.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
3 pt game tonite please.

chuck-norris-gif.gif

Thought Stalock should have had the first 2, but that 3rd goal was unstoppable, total defensive fail by the forwards on that shift. Plus, his save with 2 seconds left was AMAZING. He earned that win.

I do have to say the negative comments about Boyle are pissing me off. Obviously he is on the downside of his time here, but he doesn't deserve the **** he's getting. It's not lack of effort and he's been such a huge part of the team over the past half dozen years, he deserves better.

Whoever made the comment about hating to see what this place says about Marleau and Thornton in their last year hear was right on the money.

LocknessMonster*

I do have to say the negative comments about Boyle are pissing me off. Obviously he is on the downside of his time here, but he doesn't deserve the **** he's getting. It's not lack of effort and he's been such a huge part of the team over the past half dozen years, he deserves better.

Boyle has given so much to this team, and yeah he's on his way out but he still plays a role on this team and will continue to play a role. He's a role model to younger defensemen and will go down as a great puck moving D-man.

That being said he should be taken out of the PP rotation, his inability to QB the PP is going to be a serious problem come playoff time.

I also don't think Havlat belongs anywhere in the PP.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I thought Stalock was good. There were too many wide open chances from high percentage scoring areas.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Boyle has given so much to this team, and yeah he's on his way out but he still plays a role on this team and will continue to play a role. He's a role model to younger defensemen and will go down as a great puck moving D-man.

That being said he should be taken out of the PP rotation, his inability to QB the PP is going to be a serious problem come playoff time.

I also don't think Havlat belongs anywhere in the PP

Who should fill their spots? Especially Boyle. Neither Boyle nor Havlat have played horribly lately. Now I didn't see the game tonight so I'm not sure how they played tonight, but I saw all of the other games and the crap that they get is way too much considering how they play. Of course they make mistakes, every player ever has, but neither of them have been consistently making fatal errors. In fact aren't the Sharks on a win streak right now?

LocknessMonster*

Who should fill their spots? Especially Boyle. Neither Boyle nor Havlat have played horribly lately. Now I didn't see the game tonight so I'm not sure how they played tonight, but I saw all of the other games and the crap that they get is way too much considering how they play. Of course they make mistakes, every player ever has, but neither of them have been consistently making fatal errors. In fact aren't the Sharks on a win streak right now?

I don't know for certain. Havlat isn't normally even on the PP rotation I think.

Vlasic is 26, Solid D-man, not much offense but with development he could turn into a good QB. He's got a strong shot, he had a couple drives tonight.

Boyle hasn't played horribly but our PP has, what are we 1/21 since the olympic break?

And Havlat just isn't producing what he should be for 5 mil.

Yes we are on a win streak but we are a great team. I'm just trying to assert where I think we can improve.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Thought Stalock should have had the first 2, but that 3rd goal was unstoppable, total defensive fail by the forwards on that shift. Plus, his save with 2 seconds left was AMAZING. He earned that win.

Whoever made the comment about hating to see what this place says about Marleau and Thornton in their last year hear was right on the money.

I'm glad someone else feels this way.

He wasn't very good tonight along with the rest of the d-men not named Vlasic or Demers but he had been quite good since the Olympic break as well as quite a few games before. Obviously, he isn't the Boyle he used to be but he isn't nearly as bad as many on here think.

Anyway, as much as Sharks fans complain about the lack of love from the MSM, CBJ has it even worse. There aren't nearly enough people out there who know what an amazing talent Johansen is or that Jenner is going to be a nightmare of a player in the in the very near future or that Wiz is having the kind of season that should have him in the Norris conversation.

They are going to be a very good team for a long time.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I don't know for certain. Havlat isn't normally even on the PP rotation I think.

Vlasic is 26, Solid D-man, not much offense but with development he could turn into a good QB. He's got a strong shot, he had a couple drives tonight.

Boyle hasn't played horribly but our PP has, what are we 1/21 since the olympic break?

And Havlat just isn't producing what he should be for 5 mil.

Yes we are on a win streak but we are a great team. I'm just trying to assert where I think we can improve.

All teams could improve. No team is perfect. Well except the teams that you can create in NHL 14 without a salary cap :sarcasm: but I think only Demers has the ability to lead a powerplay like Boyle does. You can't blame a poor powerplay on one person only. Heatley is producing worse than Havlat. I'm still happy with Havlat, he's much closer to what the Sharks need than Heatley.

To Vlasic being on the PP, he normally doesn't get his scoring chances unless they are created by Thornton or Couture.

LocknessMonster*

All teams could improve. No team is perfect. Well except the teams that you can create in NHL 14 without a salary cap :sarcasm: but I think only Demers has the ability to lead a powerplay like Boyle does. You can't blame a poor powerplay on one person only. Heatley is producing worse than Havlat. I'm still happy with Havlat, he's much closer to what the Sharks need than Heatley.

To Vlasic being on the PP, he normally doesn't get his scoring chances unless they are created by Thornton or Couture.

The lines right now have Demers on the first unit and Boyle on the second, maybe swap Vlasic for Boyle see what happens?

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
I honestly would trade Couture for Johansen straight up. I'm admittedly really high on him but the idea of Johansen being directly mentored by his idol and giving Jumbo a kid who actually can play his style would be awesome.

I think separating Johansen and Horton was a great idea for the Jackets. Jenner and Johansen will dominate with whomever, but Horton gives Dubinsky a complimentary player and really stabilizes that second line.

I don't like to think about what would have happened if the Jackets had had Anisimov. Really good team. I'm a huge fan and I'm definitely bandwagoning with them.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
The lines right now have Demers on the first unit and Boyle on the second, maybe swap Vlasic for Boyle see what happens?

Well the second unit needs someone who can bring the puck up consistently. I just don't feel that Vlasic could do that like Boyle. Now I think Vlasic is our best defender but he isn't the offensive threat that Boyle is. Just think of who would bring it up on the second unit. Nieto? Wingels? Sheppard? Burns? I think they should just take Boyle off and not add Vlasic. Have one of Nieto-Shep-Wingels-Burns-Havlat.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I honestly would trade Couture for Johansen straight up. I'm admittedly really high on him but the idea of Johansen being directly mentored by his idol and giving Jumbo a kid who actually can play his style would be awesome.

I think separating Johansen and Horton was a great idea for the Jackets. Jenner and Johansen will dominate with whomever, but Horton gives Dubinsky a complimentary player and really stabilizes that second line.

I don't like to think about what would have happened if the Jackets had had Anisimov. Really good team. I'm a huge fan and I'm definitely bandwagoning with them.

Agree with everything you wrote.

I propose that we adopt the Jackets as the Sharks official Eastern Conference bandwagon team.

Seconded?

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I'd probably do it too but I kinda hope it never becomes an option. I'd hate to see Couture go.

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Braun had shown really good offensive instincts before... I would put him on the PP before Vlasic.

With Pavelski playing the point on one unit, we only need 3 other Dmen. If you're replacing Boyle... Demers, Braun, Burns? That could work. I dunno. Would be nice if Boyle could go back to not ****ing it up. But on the same token, if he's not gonna run a successful PP into the playoffs then it would be nice to give the new units (whoever that ends up being) time to gel before the POs start.

I dunno. Glad I'm not the coach on this one cause I have no idea what I would do about Boyle with regards to the PP...

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com

Seems a bit knee jerk for Couture for Johansen. If it was Johansen + a first, possibly.

Do you think Couture has reached his peak?

Nashology

Dec 21, 2006
People are getting a little ahead of themselves with Johansen. Remember Couture put up 30 goals + his first 2 years in the NHL then 21 goals in 48 games in the lockout season. On another 30 goal pace this year.

Not sure I would make that tradeoff

Leidi J

Jan 28, 2012
Columbus, Ohio
Yea I don't know about the whole trading Couture for Johanson thing. I wouldn't go that far lol. But that doesn't mean I wasn't super impressed with Johanson tonight. He should be getting more Calder talk than he is.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Agree with everything you wrote.

I propose that we adopt the Jackets as the Sharks official Eastern Conference bandwagon team.

Seconded?

Seconded :)

Seems a bit knee jerk for Couture for Johansen. If it was Johansen + a first, possibly.

Do you think Couture has reached his peak?

Well, goal-scoring peak probably. The average forward's goalscoring peak is 24 years old. He'll probably get better defensively, and he'll probably start to become a bit better playmaker (and peak playmaking-wise around age 27), but since Couture is primarily a goalscorer I think he's peaked offensively.

I honestly think Johansen will be a top-10 center within the next three years.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Yea I don't know about the whole trading Couture for Johanson thing. I wouldn't go that far lol. But that doesn't mean I wasn't super impressed with Johanson tonight. He should be getting more Calder talk than he is.

He isn't a rookie...

Ad

Upcoming events

• Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $9,251.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Torino vs Bologna
    Torino vs Bologna
    Wagers: 5