GDT: Game #67: Sharks at Blue Jackets (4pm PT)

hockfan1991

Jun 29, 2010
If I'm correct, this is Marleau's first multi-goal game this whole season. Talk about consistent.

Correct he scored 8 of those goals in his first ten games. But for someone who usually gets at least 4 multiple goal games a season suprising it's his first. His goals have been spread out

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Multi-goal game for Marleau, but he really did not look very good. Was bobbling the puck a bit, and a couple of missed defensive assignments. Thornton, too, had a poor game.

Burish/Desijardins were not to bad when they gained the zone. Brown was terrible, and getting zone positioning was tough.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
People can be tired of the *****ing and moaning about certain players. Quit playing thread police. It is annoying to read when the whole team collectively sucks at times.

I don't mean to be playing thread police. People are allowed to have their opinions, I simply disagree with them.

I only said "the Boyle apologizing needs to stop" because he said the Boyle hate needs to stop. I didn't mean it to be condescending or as if I am trying to play thread police, even if it came off that way. I don't mean to be rude, or say people can't have their opinions, I'm just stating mine with regards to Boyle. He was bad last year, he has been bad this year. I honestly don't think the Lapierre hit has much if anything to do with it. He's just getting older.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
Multi-goal game for Marleau, but he really did not look very good. Was bobbling the puck a bit, and a couple of missed defensive assignments. Thornton, too, had a poor game.

Burish/Desijardins were not to bad when they gained the zone. Brown was terrible, and getting zone positioning was tough.

I entirely disagree on Marleau. He had 2 other prime scoring opportunities, best scoring chances of the game outside of the three we actually capitalized on.

He had one defensive mistake on the wisniewski goal, and I wouldn't say that was 100% on him. Boyle needs to be better instead of just standing in front of the net while their guy has the puck.

Entirely agreed on the 4th line though. Brown is dumb. Also agreed on Thornton.

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
I entirely disagree on Marleau. He had 2 other prime scoring opportunities, best scoring chances of the game outside of the three we actually capitalized on.

He had one defensive mistake on the wisniewski goal, and I wouldn't say that was 100% on him. Boyle needs to be better instead of just standing in front of the net while their guy has the puck.

Entirely agreed on the 4th line though. Brown is dumb. Also agreed on Thornton.

He also was responsible for one or two odd-man-rushed against. A few giveaways, poor puck control along the boards...like Thornton he was fighting it. But still, two goals...

I know Johansen is a fine talent, but Thornton shouldn't be letting a 21-year-old get the better of him like that.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I think you might be a little too critical of Marleau. Don't understand why you would pick out Marleau as not having a good game with him or his line being the ones that scored all the goals.

Burish and Desjardins didn't do much of anything in that game. They gave up the first goal and weren't out there much and deservedly so.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I think you might be a little too critical of Marleau. Don't understand why you would pick out Marleau as not having a good game with him or his line being the ones that scored all the goals.

Burish and Desjardins didn't do much of anything in that game. They gave up the first goal and weren't out there much and deservedly so.

The 4th line didn't play well last night. I don't think a lot of the Sharks forwards had particularly strong games. They weren't terrible but they weren't great either.

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Multi-goal game for Marleau, but he really did not look very good. Was bobbling the puck a bit, and a couple of missed defensive assignments.

I believe it was poor ice as I saw that for players on both teams and it seemed more than usual. Sharks' ice seems poor on average this year as well. At the tank, it is very easy to see the ridges and dips on the ice surface even after the Zamboni does its thing.

There was a shot of the Hawks doing a "make a wish" for a little boy on the ice in the United Center (part 6). Wow, that's what I said seeing the condition of the ice there. Whoever takes care of that ice knew what they were doing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad