GDT: Game 67: Columbus at Buffalo | 3/11 7PM

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I think if you're shooting the puck it's not high sticking. Obviously he wasn't shooting but Johnson knocked him down. When he lost his balance he swung his stick. I think that's why there was no penalty. I also don't think he meant to swing his stick at his face.

Bolded part is what I was thinking. Ref says "hey if you didn't knock him over he wouldn't have hit you" Don't know for sure but I was thinking that. Intent is not a criteria - I don't think most high sticks are intentional.
And I believe you're right if in the act of shooting your follow through is a high stick it's not called.

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
You are responsible for your own stick. But if you've been hit, are knocked off balance, and are sprawling to the ice, it's impossible to control anything.

It's one thing to accidentally high-stick someone when you're under your own power. It's another to do it when you're not.

Besides -- it's hard for me to complain about officiating in a game where we blew a three goal lead in the span of a period.

Dr. Fire

What, me worry?
Jun 29, 2007
Jacketstown, Ohio
Guys I just can't emphasize this enough.

Did last nights loss suck? Hell yes! Did it **** me off at the time? Absolutely!

But, I just can't be pissed about it today. It just feels to good to be on the other side. The side where we are the good team that blows a game to a team that will be setting up tee times while we are getting ready for the playoffs. Yea, the Sabres and their fans got a feel good win last night, but in the end we will have the last laugh.

It just feels too damn good being on this side rather then the other, which we have been on far too long.

I would also like to see the CBJ give Forsberg one more look before the season ends. Korpi is just too damn inconsistent for my liking. Maybe he ends up being Bob's back-up, but I give Forsberg one last shot at it.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
I would also like to see the CBJ give Forsberg one more look before the season ends. Korpi is just too damn inconsistent for my liking. Maybe he ends up being Bob's back-up, but I give Forsberg one last shot at it.

Agree with your post except that last bit.

Forsberg has been consistent, but he's been consistently terrible. At least Korpi has had some good games. I think the only good thing Forsberg has done in the NHL was that shootout win for his one and only NHL win. There's just no way I'd want to see him up again this season. I'd rather see Thiessen, frankly.

I'm not sure what triggered this, but I didn't think Korpi was bad. He was heavily screened on at least 2 of Buffalo's goals. While I'd love to have had two more saves from him, I can live with his overall game. For the most part, I think he's settled into the role. He's a little nervy when a lead shrinks, but he'll get through that.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Ugly last 60 minutes.

I guess I credit the Sabres for wanting it more than we did, though I'd say things got more than a bit reckless out there.

My only take away is thank god Cam didn't get really hurt.

hardkorejackets

Nov 6, 2013
Coldwater, OH

I've been in support of Forsberg.. But, Forsberg has had his chances the last couple years. We gave him another shot this year, he just didn't have it. He hasn't exactly been playing well the last 2-3 weeks in the AHL either..

We are riding with Korpi as our backup the rest of the year. He had put in some decent games the last couple weeks or so.. I'd like to see him make an extra save or two, but this team didn't really help him with their performance on Saturday as well. Let's still give him some more time.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'm not a big fan of Torts' one and done approach to goalie tryouts. Even Bob has weak games (like last game), and started out his Vezina season no better than Mason (he was about .900 until March!)

One bad game from Mac - gone.

One bad game from Anton - gone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad