GDT: Game #67 - 03.14.14 - vs Calgary - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
I got two messages from my brother about the game tonight.

One to inform me that Jordie Benn was leading Dallas in TOI....

the other to say "Benn for Norris" after that move in the shootout.

Just stop icin' the puck Benner

We finally find our dominant top defenseman.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
CatHiss.gif

Totally-Sick-Dance-Move.gif

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
5th worst team in the NHL with that goalie starting. I don't think much else needs to be said.

The team that is nearly as good as the Stars since the Olympic break. Their goalie made some great saves in the 3rd to keep them in the game. The team that beat the ducks who are much better than the Stars.

MetalGodAOD*

On a side note, grats to Jamie for setting a new career high in Goals, and to Seguin for a new career high in Points.

Brand New Stars

Yes. But some people just look at the standings and completely ignore the game when they determine these things.

Seriously who cares? It's a team you should beat if you want to make the playoffs. Especially when you have a 2 goal lead with less than 10 minutes left.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Seriously who cares? It's a team you should beat if you want to make the playoffs. Especially when you have a 2 goal lead with less than 10 minutes left.

By that logic the Blues are a team Dallas should lose too so there you go ... the world has been returned to balance.

Brand New Stars

The Blues aren't fighting for their playoff lives. If people want to twist words that's fine though.

Brand New Stars

Saying it's a bad loss is overreacting? Wow, low standards on these boards. Didn't realize that blowing a 2 goal lead with that little amount of time left is just lollipops and rainbows.

MetalGodAOD*

Saying it's a bad loss is overreacting? Wow, low standards on these boards. Didn't realize that blowing a 2 goal lead with that little amount of time left is just lollipops and rainbows.

It's not, but this team has played extremely well the past few weeks, and has earned a little rope.

Obviously their reaction to this game and how they perform against the Jets will be paramount.

Brand New Stars

I'm not denying the Stars been very good recently. I just don't think we shouldn't be able to call a bad loss a bad loss without others taking shots at others hockey knowledge. I guess that's just an internet message boards mentality.

KiedisA

Feb 27, 2010
We led 3-1.. ******** nothing but a point lost tonight..

Have to take 4-6 points out of this trip with Pittsburgh standing between good and great.. Kari to make it great me thinks, hopefully he'll be ready on Tuesday night..

LoneStarHockey

Sep 19, 2011
Texas
First of all, you have to give it up to the Flames last night. They are a team out of the Playoffs and was down 1-3 on the road with less than 10 minutes left and they continued to battle...I have a lot of respect for the Flames.

However, it's ok for Stars fans to call this a bad loss because that's exactly what it was. When you are at home and have a commanding 3-1 lead in the final stretch and you allow a team to outplay you and tie it up.... that is bad. Also, I believe we were "lucky" to get this to OT because if the Flames had a little more time and a few more chances I'm not sure we're even getting 1 point.

Now I agree, there is no need to overreact and start the "doom and gloom" posts about this team falling apart, this is the NHL and you have to be ready to bring your A-game for a FULL 60 minutes, especially at this point in the season. I beleive that this team will use this as a lesson, and learn from it moving forward. I really believe Ruff will use this to show the team that they can't take any periods off regardless of the situation.

We still gained a point over Vancouver and Winnipeg last night so that is good news.

Last edited:

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
No need to overreact at all, but the Stars definitely collapsed last night. Whether they deserved that 3-1 lead or not definitely is another question. They didn't come to play tonight (also up for debate is whether the three injuries hurt them). But it doesn't matter. It's a bad loss because you had a 3-1 lead with less than 8 minutes to go in the game.

Have to come to play on Sunday in Winnipeg.

Caseman

Jan 23, 2008
San Jose, CA
No need to overreact at all, but the Stars definitely collapsed last night. Whether they deserved that 3-1 lead or not definitely is another question. They didn't come to play tonight (also up for debate is whether the three injuries hurt them). But it doesn't matter. It's a bad loss because you had a 3-1 lead with less than 8 minutes to go in the game.

Have to come to play on Sunday in Winnipeg.
Pretty much how I'm feeling about it. Sucks, but gotta move on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad