GDT: Game #67 - 03.14.14 - vs Calgary - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 1310 AM - 96.7 FM

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Eakin and Horcoff need to be in the lineup for Sunday night, Morin and Mueller are just not up to NHL standard for players.

The schedule gets much tougher from this point on.. Our season will be decided in the next 2 weeks, and I want the best players in the lineup every single night from now on.

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Can't say I'm happy, but man Goose laid a egg...no the whole team with the exception of Thomas didn't show up.

Well move on to the next, and beat the Jets!

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Eakin and Horcoff need to be in the lineup for Sunday night, Morin and Mueller are just not up to NHL standard for players.

The schedule gets much tougher from this point on.. Our season will be decided in the next 2 weeks, and I want the best players in the lineup every single night from now on.

Did Mueller play in the last half of the game? Morin didn't look too bad.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007

Hey ... leave that logic out of here. This game is who this team is. We're only talking sky is falling tonight and ignoring the fact 2 forwards were injured in the past day or two.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
Giordano and Connauton had their fingerprints all over this game. Connauton covers so much damn ice and it's so impressive. He's the PMD to build around.

Giordano is just full of so much composure it's disgusting. Such an incredibly good defenseman.

Bob Hartley is really turning Calgary around. That team can skate and compete for days without running low on fuel or heart. Really impressive game from them.

Our small defenseman blew the game for us unfortunately. Karma for winning in STL. I'm not too disappointed.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Can't say I'm happy, but man Goose laid a egg...no the whole team with the exception of Thomas didn't show up.

Well move on to the next, and beat the Jets!

Scoring 3 goals is pretty decent, especially considering they came from 3 different lines. One defenseman tanked this game.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Hey ... leave that logic out of here. This game is who this team is. We're only talking sky is falling tonight and ignoring the fact 2 forwards were injured in the past day or two.

I just can't help the see flashes of Riberio's fatal pass in 2012. The Stars have made me looking for signs of an incoming free fall. :(

CRSeven

Ballon d'Or 2013
Jan 13, 2011
Sacramento, CA

That's not really a choice when there are injuries...

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
Did Mueller play in the last half of the game? Morin didn't look too bad.

I think all three of them really struggled tonight, and Sceviour / Morin haven't been great the other times they've been up lately. Missing our 3rd and 4th highest ice time forwards tonight along a solid depth player really threw this team out of whack.. I mean I haven't seen a more scrambly and disjointed game since that Islanders debacle.

I just hope that getting those guys back steadies the ship. Two more games like that and we're outside looking in for the stretch run again.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Lehts might be back ... Razor is saying Eakin might be back ... the team is 5-2-1 since the Olympic break.

I'm sure it's OK to breathe a little after a stinker. Keep Calm and Have Some Perspective ...

MetalGodAOD*

I'd rather them get a kick in the pants against a team not in the race, while taking a point out of it, then against WPG or PHX. I'm taking an optimistic view here and thinking they'll learn from this and righten the ship the next few games.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
I think all three of them really struggled tonight, and Sceviour / Morin haven't been great the other times they've been up lately. Missing our 3rd and 4th highest ice time forwards tonight along a solid depth player really threw this team out of whack.. I mean I haven't seen a more scrambly and disjointed game since that Islanders debacle.

I just hope that getting those guys back steadies the ship. Two more games like that and we're outside looking in for the stretch run again.

I agree in general. Can't expect not to notice a difference when a quarter of your top 12 are out and your starting goalie is out.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I got two messages from my brother about the game tonight.

One to inform me that Jordie Benn was leading Dallas in TOI....

the other to say "Benn for Norris" after that move in the shootout.

Just stop icin' the puck Benner

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
No crap.

I just hate looking at some kids face every couple days who will never play for the Stars.

iginladraft.jpg

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
I'd rather them get a kick in the pants against a team not in the race, while taking a point out of it, then against WPG or PHX. I'm taking an optimistic view here and thinking they'll learn from this and righten the ship the next few games.

CatHiss.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad