Post-Game Talk: GAME 66 - "Winner Winner Penguin Dinner" - BRUINS 5 Pittsburgh 1

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I'm good with a guy in his role. Not sure about Pat just yet as he's definitely on the far side of his career, but hopefully he can bring something and I am happy to give him a chance. As for the rest of it, it's gamesmanship and it goes with the territory. Very few guys have I actually hated and that was for being dirtbags who were out to deliberately injure opponents on a regular basis. Maroon is not one of those guys any more than Brad is- some questionable/despicable heat-of-the-moment stuff has happened for sure from both, but in general that isn't their game.

Trizz617

Jan 5, 2018
Boston/Quebec
soundcloud.com
It's easy to get caught up in the hysterics of trade deadlines and such. " What can be done to improve the club etc?"

Sometimes, the human element of it all is overshadowed by the business. These cats bond together in the locker room, have families etc. Looking at the past few days, i'm reminded of the notion that, some of the best moves to be made, are the ones that you dont make. We'll see where it all takes us ultimately.

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
If he is good gm he is trading him in the offseason
You have to.
Sway seems the better of the two and is younger.
Pretty sure they have a decent netminder in Prov, he can play 25 to 35 games.
The B's have some needs and he's the best chip that causes least amount of loss.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
He did not look happy

The story of this off-season may be where does Crosby go. I can't see him back in Pittsburgh. A true competitor like Crosby willing to ride out the remainder of his career not competing for a championship? I can't see it.

Reactions: CDJ

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
The story of this off-season may be where does Crosby go. I can't see him back in Pittsburgh. A true competitor like Crosby willing to ride out the remainder of his career not competing for a championship? I can't see it.
I don't know what the Pens are doing actually. You trade your best prime age winger for assets? So you've commited to something, a retool or a rebuild. Is a retool even possible? Tricky situation when the big three are still your best players.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
If only there was a team out there that needs a 1C that can put a 50 goal winger and a former team Canada line mate together with him….a team where penguins ownership can still generate revenue by shipping Crosby to them

If only!!!

Reactions: BMC and BruinDust

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
If only there was a team out there that needs a 1C that can put a 50 goal winger and a former team Canada line mate together with him….a team where penguins ownership can still generate revenue by shipping Crosby to them

If only!!!

The speculation is already that Boston and Colorado would be his preferred destinations.

I'd love to see Crosby force a trade to Boston where Pittsburgh get back pennies on the dollar. Payback for the Iginla fiasco.

• Love
Reactions: BMC and CDJ

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad