Post-Game Talk: GAME 66 - "Winner Winner Penguin Dinner" - BRUINS 5 Pittsburgh 1

Sevendust

Jan 11, 2010
Munich, Germany
I hope Sweeney and the front office are paying attention and listening to the guys in the room on how they feel about Linus. If he’s truly a good GM he won’t revisit whatever was discussed with LA.

Linus was fantastic. What a way to channel all the bullshit into his best performance of the season.

If he is good gm he is trading him in the offseason

Reactions: tremha77

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Zacha on a wicked heatah, whatta pissah. Linus had to clean up some slop, a little too much for my liking. It sucks getting old. I don't see too good, I don't hear too good and I don't smell too good either. I know it must be my eyes going but I could swear Brazeau looked like Yvan Cournoyer compared to Malkin and Jeff Carter out there today. All hail Hampus, he's back like Jack, we're in like Flynn.
In like Flynn?

Mount Rushmore right there

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Good trip for you!

My fav part was hearing the relief in Linus’ voice saying “I’m just so gosh-darn happy to be here!”
You picked a two great games

Jake DeBrusk should hire you as good luck, screw Louie

Reactions: goldnblack

aguineapig72

Jun 28, 2023
In like Flynn?
In like Flynn is an idiom that means to be immediately successful or to have achieved acceptance1. The phrase may have originated from the political machine of Chicago's 'Boss' Flynn, who always won elections2. The expression was also popularized by the actor Errol Flynn, who was known for his romantic escapades2.

I think this is the only other Errol I ever knew

1710073187641.png

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
Greetings nocturnal Bruins fans. In a few minutes, that's even more the case. ;)

I am SO happy for Linus. He looked crestfallen when Edmonton tied it late. He deserved that win, and obviously there was much more to it than that.

The team saw how forever bonded the 2011 team is, and they deserve another shot at it; DeBrusk and Grizz included.

We saw last year that making the team better on paper at the TDL doesn't guarantee success. Vegas also showed us how important goalie depth is in the playoffs.

Linus had a great brief interview during a national game not too long ago; it was actually pretty deep. The bond between he and Swayman is beautiful.

The world needs more of that. Win or lose, I love these guys.

If the deal was PLD for Linus, I am so grateful it didn't happen.

100%. It would have been wrong to separate Sway and Linus now. The offseason will probably bring that, although I don't think it's actually inevitable, but for the moment those two still belong together and still need each other.

Team chemistry is so important. I don't think any of the guys who were brought in at the deadline last year rocked the boat, but they did change the mix within the team and perhaps made them that little bit (more) complacent that they had the talent to handle anything. Certainly wouldn't blame the playoff loss on the adds, but quite likely they didn't help as much as might have been expected, although Bert in particular was very good.

This year it's pretty much going to be on the same guys who have been together all season, have gone through the same ups and downs and had ample time to get to know each other and how each teammate plays. That should hold them in pretty good stead. Whether or not they have enough firepower to go on a run we'll have to see, but familiarity and a strong bond within the group at least shouldn't be a problem.

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
I hope Sweeney and the front office are paying attention and listening to the guys in the room on how they feel about Linus. If he’s truly a good GM he won’t revisit whatever was discussed with LA.

Linus was fantastic. What a way to channel all the bullshit into his best performance of the season.

This is exactly how I feel. I said that trading Linus would of been a huge mistake and got told otherwise.

Could trading Linus help find us a C, sure. But long term the mental effects it would have on the locker room would of been enough to tank the season. Some will call them fragile because of it but after how they talked to the media yesterday about it, I have no doubt trading Linus in season would of been a blunder

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008

I gotta disagree on this Ali. Sometimes front office has to shut out the noise and make the best decision for the team today, tomorrow, and years down the road.

Linus’ contract was designed to get them to this point. Swayman has earned the full workload with a competent backup. But in a league with a relatively hard cap (cough:: TB, TOR, LV with 16m in LTIR ::cough) you can’t afford to invest in luxury when you can avoid it. NYR had to make that decision with Shesterkin and Georgiev and it has paid off.

I love these two guys, love the story, love what Ullmark has done here. But the end goal is to compete. Wasting an asset on the bench 50% of the games when he has the best trade value on the team seems like a massive waste to me.

I also feel like our downfall last year was Montgomery listening to the players too much. Sometimes you have to save people from themselves.

Just my 2¢. But like all my other takes, I’m probably wrong. lol.

Either way. Great win. Great all around effort last night. Not shocked Debrusk had a great game right after the clock struck midnight on his trade talks.

Lordstanley

MusicMan
Feb 10, 2010
From The Soul
Nope and it was a drunk women (although the guy she was with was also drunk and spent the third period next to me).
I always got the drunks behind me in my loge 4 season seats...even though I enjoyed having seats 1 and 2 on the aisle to make a very quick exit with late game , overtime and shootouts. I told my rep I need to get the hell out of this section.....Moved to Loge 11 .....Best move ever.

Is he really a -40??
I think that minus number has a lot to do with that team he was on. We pray it comes down...lol

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Is he really a -40??
I looked at the CBJ roster...the entire team is essentially a minus. I didn't realize how bad that team was until I looked at their roster. Thinking a change of scenery, better coaching, D system, and positive vibe in Boston will make him what he was meant to be.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I always got the drunks behind me in my loge 4 season seats...even though I enjoyed having seats 1 and 2 on the aisle to make a very quick exit with late game , overtime and shootouts. I told my rep I need to get the hell out of this section.....Moved to Loge 11 .....Best move ever.
We are VERY lucky as the seats directly behind us are for the emergency room doctor and their guest. They have been there since the Rich Peverly heart thing (when he was in Dallas). All NHL teams have to have an emergency doctor as well as the team doc. (the team doctor sits right behind the Bs).

We usually get good fans near us. Some are pink hats but whatever. I hate having loud drunks near us. They annoy everyone and spill beers on others. ....and get in their cars and drive after the game....not good for anyone.

The little guy in front of us was so cute. I loved that he got Zacha's signed stick after the game.

Many years ago my daughter and I had a 20 pack on the aisle in the 4th row of the section we are in now. I hated having to get up and down all game so like where we sit now.

Last edited:

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Is he really a -40??
Last season I believe he hasn’t played much this season,but playing for a crappy team will definitely pad a defenceman s - numbers just like playing for a really good team can pad + numbers,case in point Gryz last season wasn’t he first or second in the league.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I looked at the CBJ roster...the entire team is essentially a minus. I didn't realize how bad that team was until I looked at their roster. Thinking a change of scenery, better coaching, D system, and positive vibe in Boston will make him what he was meant to be.
:crossfing

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Last season I believe he hasn’t played much this season,but playing for a crappy team will definitely pad a defenceman s - numbers just like playing for a really good team can pad + numbers,case in point Gryz last season wasn’t he first or second in the league.
Griz is a decent player. He had a rough time this season but has looked good in the last few games.

I hope Peeke works out. I will cheer for him...Maroon...not so sure. I never liked him...we will see.

Reactions: goldnblack

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Griz is a decent player. He had a rough time this season but has looked good in the last few games.

I hope Peeke works out. I will cheer for him...Maroon...not so sure. I never liked him...we will see.
Yeah I wasn’t really dishing Griz just pointing out that +- numbers can be greatly exaggerated because of the team a player is on.As far as Maroon if he plays well and helps the Bruins I’m sure we will love him.I loved Bertuzzi when he was with us last season,but I would have liked to punch him in the head the other night.Lol

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Nope and it was a drunk women (although the guy she was with was also drunk and spent the third period next to me).I used to have Stub Hub seats in back of until the Bruins figured out a way to screw them
We used to have Stub Hub owned seats right in bsck of us and for every Boomer Esiason or Leafs fans wearing paper bags (phenomenal guys I think my daughter made friends she followed on Twitter of FB) we got 10 drunks

Really good against Leafs & Oilers - as good as ever

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012

I know at the start rooting for Maroon will not be easy for me

My guess is once some other team takes a run at Pasta or March and Maroon explains their mistake to them my attitude will change a bit

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad