Post-Game Talk: Game 66: Preds @ Sabres | 6:00 PM CST | Fox Sports TN | Road-trip Game 2

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
13 goals for Spals this year already. after 8, 10, and 9 the last 3 respectively. Fluke or progression?

It will be impossible to say for sure until next season at the earliest, but he does seem to be in the right spot at the right time lately. Of course that doesn't really tell me if it's a fluke or progress :laugh:

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013
Catch 22: Trigg County KY. NHL says I'm in the RSN local area so no Center Ice broadcast. According to FS, I'm not. If I want to see the Preds play, it's at Bridgestone.

Those blackouts are stupid. Does Center Ice not show the commercials from the original broadcast? I thought they did. Thus the network isn't losing any money, it is actually costing them viewers. Same thing goes to Game Center. If they wouldn't blackout the commercials.

GeauxPreds

Jul 5, 2013
Can we please stop suggesting we should package wilson for a player? Looks pretty clear to me that with an increase in minutes and responsibility he is really rising to the occasion as of late.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Can we please stop suggesting we should package wilson for a player? Looks pretty clear to me that with an increase in minutes and responsibility he is really rising to the occasion as of late.

Agreed. I'd rather hang on to Wilson and try to get some young, talented forwards to surround him with than package him. I don't expect for his value to be all that high right now anyway.

NSH615

Feb 13, 2013

He seems to like that drop pass to Weber. That's the 2nd or 3rd time in the past 2 months or so I've seen him do that successfully.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Smith having a hell of a game. Weber with a good game so far as well. Wilson is still hit or miss as a center with some room to grow ... he'll have a shift like the one leading to the Weber goal then balance it out with a shift where is weak on the puck or makes a horrendous pass. Luckily, the good shifts are starting to outnumber the bad.

Promising game overall so far but we still have a period and a half to go. Stalberg went over 40 minutes before brainfarting last night.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Konopka is a useless plug, but I don't think that hit looks nearly as bad if Stalberg didn't try to jump out of the way. I'd need to see another replay from a better angle to be sure, but I don't think he stuck his leg out.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I hate how the instigator rule gives an automatic 10 minute misconduct. It's perfectly OK if two useless players plan a fight right off of a face off. They each get five, and that's that. But if a player sticks up for his teammate he risks getting an extra 2 and 10.

The NHL needs to just stop pretending like they don't condone fighting. They end up looking stupid.

On a side note: I'm glad Crispy can still add :laugh:

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
I know Buffalo is the worst team in the league but we can't keep letting them have the PP. There young guys are dangerous.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
2 minute instigator, 5 minute fighting, 10 minute misconduct.

Can't believe Konopka didn't get a penalty for the knee.

As I said above, I'd like to see it again and will re-watch it during intermission, but it looked like Stalberg's attempt to jump out of the way was more the cause of the knee-to-knee contact than anything Konopka did.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
OK having review it a number of times now I think that Stalberg definitely did take a little hop to his right to avoid contact with Konopka, but Konopka was leading with his knee right before impact. He definitely changed the way his leg was positioned at the last minute.

Tough one, but I think it should have been called now that I've seen it multiple times. I'm not surprised the refs missed it, though. They don't have the benefit of slo-mo like I do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad