GDT: Game 66: Dallas Stars(35-17-13) @ Seattle Kraken(37-22-6) - 7:00 p.m. PT / 10:00 p.m. ET

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
14 seconds, that's all it took this time. Bad, bad, bad habit, we got here.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Well, it's not good enough against teams like Dallas.

We're giving up way too easy goals and are too easily handled or kept to the outside by other teams.

The next six games will be very important for this team.
@ San Jose
vs Edmonton
@ Dallas
@ Nashville
@ Nashville
@ Minnesota

First you've got to take care of San Jose in order to keep adding points.
The five after that will show us if the team's able to keep their lead for a playoff spot.

Those two in Nashville will be absolutely key, IMO.
I know they sold off pieces but they've got three games in hand, still got a very good goalie and are trailing us by only eight points.

Reactions: kihei

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
It's going to be nerve-wrackiing and exciting and there is the potential for disappointment, but that's what contending for the playoffs means. If anybody is not eager for what's coming, that person is watching the wrong sport.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Martin Jones may be regressing more and more toward the guy that the Sharks bought out.

The first goal he took his eyes off the puck and had no idea where it went. The second goal he was way outside the blue paint, making it too easy. The breakaway goal, he had a small chance as Sprong completely gave away the cutback play, but just didn't get over quick enough. Not faulting him entirely in any way, but he didn't make the timely special saves in this one like he did earlier in the season for us.

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
Martin Jones may be regressing more and more toward the guy that the Sharks bought out.

The first goal he took his eyes off the puck and had no idea where it went. The second goal he was way outside the blue paint, making it too easy. The breakaway goal, he had a small chance as Sprong completely gave away the cutback play, but just didn't get over quick enough. Not faulting him entirely in any way, but he didn't make the timely special saves in this one like he did earlier in the season for us.
Yeah. The thing with Jones is that he is very positional and does not have the best reflexes. He could never rely on his athleticism to make the big saves.

He started off the season very well and kept us competitive enough but has been pretty useless off late. I am hoping we can get Driedger back up and see how he does.

Reactions: Kat Predator

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Yeah. The thing with Jones is that he is very positional and does not have the best reflexes. He could never rely on his athleticism to make the big saves.

He started off the season very well and kept us competitive enough but has been pretty useless off late. I am hoping we can get Driedger back up and see how he does.

Agree on Jones and unless we trade Driedger I don't see him being back next season.
Though, he's still a value signing given what he's already done for the team.

Driedger's currently 2-2-0 with a .905 SV% and 3.02 GAA in the AHL.
I think he might still need a little bit more time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad