GDT: GAME 66: BRUINS @ HABS | Not so cool beans | Thurs. March 14, 2024, 7PM ET -- RDS, TSN2, TSN690, 98.5FM

Will Marty facepalm during the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Habs wrapping up their homestand with a game tonight vs. their classic rival, the Bruins. After this, they head out on a 5-game road trip.

But first ...

CP30 came up with a Primo performance on Tuesday vs. CBJ, posting a shutout vs. CBJ in a game where he faced 41 shots. It was only the 2nd shutout recorded by a Habs goalie this year and both were a Prime Time affair.

Here's to you, Cayden.

COoIbCC.gif

Primeau's performance was also noteworthy for how fans at the Bell Centre chanted his name in the closing moments of the game and as he skated off the ice.

If there one thing that Habs fans admire, is a masterpiece. Maybe this one should have been in a museum for how good it was.

OjLeTw9.jpg

To think that Hughes took so much heat for the 3-goalie set up, which was the product of not wanting to lose Primeau to a waiver claim. Maybe, he knew something.

Qm8FSpW.png

You tell'em, airplane lady!

6Y8Ahir.jpg

Now available as an action figure.

xPL0r4E.png

Flying a little under the radar is Joshua Roy. Coming out of the CBJ tilt, he posted a 3rd goal in his last 4 games.

iPhYQJP.gif

MSL has named Monty as his starter vs the Bruins.

f36YNuF.gif

It's unfortunate that there aren't more regular season meetings with the Bruins as facing them is always a special event.

And on the rare time that a Bruin goes out of his way to recognize a Habs player, it deserves to be underscored.

That said, we can't easily forget that lame banner ceremony they held at the TD Gardens the last time the Habs played the Bruins ... not so cool, Beantown.

Good thing the Habs dispatched an operative after the game, to burn it up.

hNxFRLd.gif

Would be nice if the Habs exact some payback tonight even if the team is in the middle of a rebuild. And if not, keep it a lot closer than last time out.

3FlrMPW.gif

LINEUPS

PGRq4Nm.gif

Last edited:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I have a good feeling that we'll really take it to Boston win or lose. Monty will now be challenged to hold serve against Primeau's performance last game. This is the start of some great internal competition in what I'm hoping we will refer to as the pre-Fowler era.

Roy is another player that might let us steal a W against Boston, as he's starting to put up points. Secondary scoring is starting to emerge among our current players, and I'm interested to see how Caufield can benefit from being able to play with Dach and Roy on the second line next year if needed. Roy might not end up a first line talent on pure production, but like Toffoli he can complete any kind of top6 line and make it work.

Slafkovsky seems to be more physical lately, and I bet he's going to try and bring his A game for this one. That game got out of hand last time, but we kept a close game against boston for a bit. The real challenge with our squad is consistency and playing 60mins. Should be fun to watch.

Reactions: Cournoyer12

waitin425

Jan 10, 2009
Canada
Yup.....must root for the win. Hate the Boo-ins as much as the Laffs.

Let's get the win tonight boys. Big game from our Big 3!

Reactions: Runner77

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
One of the few teams worth going to see,at least it used to be. It's actually shameful how this once mighty rival is just another meaningless game.I still try to make most of them and will be going wearing my vintage Bourque # 7 jersey.

Reactions: Runner77

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Hey folks, I’m coming over here from the Ottawa side. I am bringing my 16-year-old boy from Ottawa to see Montreal for the first time. What time should I enter the building in order for him to get the full experience of seeing a game in Montreal? I’ve been filling his brain with the atmospheres way way better than we have here in Ottawa.

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Hey folks, I’m coming over here from the Ottawa side. I am bringing my 16-year-old boy from Ottawa to see Montreal for the first time. What time should I enter the building in order for him to get the full experience of seeing a game in Montreal? I’ve been filling his brain with the atmospheres way way better than we have here in Ottawa.
Go in as soon as the doors open if you can.

Reactions: CDN24

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
6:45 would be plenty early. Hope you guys enjoy the game.

Reactions: mysens and Runner77

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
One of our biggest rivals, and a big punishing team so what does marty do? Sits Pez and Struble LOL. No doubt Struble has been awful, but Pez has been just fine.
Need Harris and Ylonen to take a beating I guess.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Habs wrapping up their homestand with a game tonight vs. their classic rival, the Bruins. After this, they head out on a 5-game road trip.

But first ...

CP30 came up with a Primo performance on Tuesday vs. CBJ, posting a shutout vs. CBJ in a game where he faced 41 shots. It was only the 2nd shutout recorded by a Habs goalie this year and both were a Prime Time affair.

Here's to you, Cayden.

COoIbCC.gif

Primeau's performance was also noteworthy for how fans at the Bell Centre chanted his name in the closing moments of the game and as he skated off the ice.

If there one thing that Habs fans admire, is a masterpiece. Maybe this one should have been in a museum for how good it was.

OjLeTw9.jpg

To think that Hughes took so much heat for the 3-goalie set up, which was the product of not wanting to lose Primeau to a waiver claim. Maybe, he knew something.

Qm8FSpW.png

You tell'em, airplane lady!

6Y8Ahir.jpg

Now available as an action figure.

xPL0r4E.png

Flying a little under the radar is Joshua Roy. Coming out of the CBJ tilt, he posted a 3rd goal in his last 4 games.

iPhYQJP.gif

MSL has named Monty as his starter vs the Bruins.

f36YNuF.gif

It's unfortunate that there aren't more regular season meetings with the Bruins as facing them is always a special event.

And on the rare time that a Bruin goes out of his way to recognize a Habs player, it deserves to be underscored.

That said, we can't easily forget that lame banner ceremony they held at the TD Gardens the last time the Habs played the Bruins ... not so cool, Beantown.

Good thing the Habs dispatched an operative after the game, to burn it up.

hNxFRLd.gif

Would be nice if the Habs exact some payback tonight even if the team is in the middle of a rebuild. And if not, keep it a lot closer than last time out.

3FlrMPW.gif

LINEUPS TBA

PGRq4Nm.gif

I wonder if Runner got canned from his job cause he's been churning out GDT as a pretty consistent rate again. Or he's got too comfortable and doing it on company time. Tks tks. Either way... I support. Great GDT!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad