Pre-Game Talk: GAME 66 3/29 7:08 PM - After 889 days Carlton The Bear visits Boston - NESN, ESPN+, SNO, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
Nonsense, even for your constant contrarianism.
When your evaluating guys such as Makar, Hedman, Josi, McAvoy, Fox, Ekblad, Letang and Heiskanen, there isn't much to pick from and situational preference can come into play also. On the PP, McAvoy
doesn't have quite the skillset Makar, Josi, Hedman or even Letang have.

Defensively and PK wise Fox, Makar and Josi lag McAvoy. Hedman though can combine both elements top 3 and when push comes to shove can take a game over with his size and skill.

So I can see lots of knowledgeable hockey people taking
Makar, Hedman, Josi and Letang this year.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
When your evaluating guys such as Makar, Hedman, Josi, McAvoy, Fox, Ekblad, Letang and Heiskanen, there isn't much to pick from and situational preference can come into play also. On the PP, McAvoy
doesn't have quite the skillset Makar, Josi, Hedman or even Letang have.

Defensively and PK wise Fox, Makar and Josi lag McAvoy. Hedman though can combine both elements top 3 and when push comes to shove can take a game over with his size and skill.

So I can see lots of knowledgeable hockey people taking
Makar, Hedman, Josi and Letang this year.
I’m not arguing that he’s top 3 this year. It’s the not top 10 I take issue with. That’s malarkey.

Reactions: jgatie

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Bring your walking shoes. At least Government Center to the arena isn't bad as long as the weather is somewhat cooperative. I've had pretty great luck reserving parking on SpotHero/ParkWhiz the last few years. Usually 10-15 bucks and a 10 minute walk or less. Cheaper than parking + round trip on the T

Reactions: Alicat

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I hope people realize that if the Bruins were to lose this game it’s not the end of the world. But I doubt that would be the case lol
As long as they beat them in the playoffs if they meet,that would pretty much be the end of the word if they lost series to Leafs ,tonight maybe a little tantrum. If they lost,maybe I could slap a Leaf fan ,apparently if I say they were insulting my wife it’s ok.Lol

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I’m not arguing that he’s top 3 this year. It’s the not top 10 I take issue with. That’s malarkey.
Pietrangelo, Doughty, and Slavin are really good dmen who people would make an honest argument if you flipped them with McAvoy you would see similar results on Boston. Not saying I would trade 73 for them, but all things being equal I could easily see all of them playing at #73 level in Boston. So yeah, McAvoy at #11 isn't
malarkey Mr. President.

Shroud of Orrin

Come on, Bob
Apr 29, 2020
Haligonia
Want Coyle's line to drape Matthews and Marner and make their game miserable. Big assignment.

This will be very tight - I predict Marchand with the winner in OT. Nothing is stopping us right now. Perfect time to rake the Leafs and continue our awesome assault in the Atlantic.

Bear-Day-header-Mike-McIntosh (2).jpg

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I just want to see some hatred in this game. I can't think of a game or team that the Bruins truly have that hate for. It used to be the Habs, but they're an absolute stepping stone now.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
Pietrangelo, Doughty, and Slavin are really good dmen who people would make an honest argument if you flipped them with McAvoy you would see similar results on Boston. Not saying I would trade 73 for them, but all things being equal I could easily see all of them playing at #73 level in Boston. So yeah, McAvoy at #11 isn't
malarkey Mr. President.

IMO, AP has lost a step this year.

Top 3 for me: Josi, Makar and Hedman.

McAvoy is trending up and should get better with Lindholm, but he's also had some really rough stretches too...but easily top 10 dman.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
IMO, AP has lost a step this year.

Top 3 for me: Josi, Makar and Hedman.

McAvoy is trending up and should get better with Lindholm, but he's also had some really rough stretches too...but easily top 10 dman.
McAvoy has one issue in his game but it can be corrected.He turns his back to defender in front when shots are taken and sometimes they get lose for open net rebounds.Outside that he is a beast .Top 5 for sure in my books.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Excited to go to my first game in a couple of years tonight! Hoping the balcony will be rowdy
The Tampa game last week sounded and felt like a playoff game. I bet tonight will as well. There is usually a pretty good turnout of Leaf fans so it will be interesting to see if there is tonight.

Reactions: Knight and ON3M4N
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad