GDT: Game 65: Senators @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Watching from up here in Ottawa and speaking of Crouse how's he looked overall this season?Watched him fair bit up here in jr and just never saw how he ever warranted going 11 OA in '15. Obviously hope I am wrong for you Zona fans sake but I really think he's headed towards 1st round bust status. Best I think you can hope for down the road is a solid 3rd liner. What you guys who see him every night think?

Well since we didn't draft him 11 OA I don't feel too bad about that particular bit o history :P

He's a project and needs to grow into an NHL offensive game. I'm not particularly happy he's in the NHL at all right now so just hoping for the best.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015
Watching from up here in Ottawa and speaking of Crouse how's he looked overall this season?Watched him fair bit up here in jr and just never saw how he ever warranted going 11 OA in '15. Obviously hope I am wrong for you Zona fans sake but I really think he's headed towards 1st round bust status. Best I think you can hope for down the road is a solid 3rd liner. What you guys who see him every night think?

He's a 19 year old rookie playing his 1 season in the NHL. Not sure what part about that makes you think he's headed towards bust status. I'm gonna assume your judging based on his stats? One thing you gotta understand is Crouse has been on Dave Tippets 4th line all year long. He hasn't been given power play time or chances with the top lines. He plays the 4th line role extremely well with his speed and suze so Tippett has tried moving him around. When he actually starts getting those chances and still doesn't produce then we might be worried he's nothing more then a 3/4 liner. It hasn't even been 2 years since his draft day and he's a full time NHL player. Either way I'm happy to have him.

Side Note... Dvorak is gonna be an absolute stud.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Perlini has kept beating defenders even while he's been cold, let's see them start going in again.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Coyotes totally missing a guy sneaking into the crease right after taking a 1-0 lead is completely within normal parameters.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Well since we didn't draft him 11 OA I don't feel too bad about that particular bit o history :P

He's a project and needs to grow into an NHL offensive game. I'm not particularly happy he's in the NHL at all right now so just hoping for the best.

Yes.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Should we count that as a jinx post? Eh sure why not.

He's been great this game though. Was doing a Hanzal impression in front of the net earlier as well.

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Should we count that as a jinx post? Eh sure why not.

He's been great this game though. Was doing a Hanzal impression in front of the net earlier as well.

Should put him there on the powerplay for the rest of the season, and audition him as our future net front presence.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Should put him there on the powerplay for the rest of the season, and audition him as our future net front presence.

Not like our PP is doing anything lately anyway. Heck they couldn't even gain the zone 5 on 3 the other night :laugh:

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Not too many players with the speed and reach to do a wrap around anymore. Crouse has both. Nice play!

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Goligoski with the Boedker impression. Smith looks all out of sorts tonight but is still coming up with the saves mostly.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Beer league sequence right there, so pathetic in front of the net.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I for one will never tire of this team's ability to standback and watch the 3rd period with me. Makes me feel like part of the team. Extend Tippett immediately.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
OEL coughing it up for Karlsson on the GWG is about the most perfect summation of this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad