GDT: Game 65: Senators @ Coyotes - 7PM - FSAZ

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
Walsh with some vintage cringe-worthy interviews of the Vrbata fam. I guess that's my one takeaway? yikes. Duclair looked pretty good at times but Tipp seemed to still bench him late in the game? Felt like we saw too much of the Doan line and too little of the Domi-Dvorak line.

jacobhockey13

used to watch hockey, then joined HF Boards
Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Got back from the game. Thought Goligoski was awful. Power play was also bad. First period was bland, second was good, And the third was uninspired.

jacobhockey13

Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
Walsh with some vintage cringe-worthy interviews of the Vrbata fam. I guess that's my one takeaway? yikes. Duclair looked pretty good at times but Tipp seemed to still bench him late in the game? Felt like we saw too much of the Doan line and too little of the Domi-Dvorak line.

I am becoming a one-dimensional poster because all I complain about is this but it's emblematic of so much more. Tippet can take his irrational hatred of Duclair and stuff it. Dude literally has one turnover and gets benched for pretty much the rest of the third. Max then comes out and has a worse turnover, and of course he keeps playing (Off topic, but Max had a nice game). Everybody on the team makes turnovers; Duclair was good defensively tonight and I went to the game and specifically focused on him playing defense. It's just garbage. Tippet does't like guys trying to beat their man on offense; he's the only coach in the league that enforces anything like this.

jacobhockey13

Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
OEL has been playing like his head is back in Sweden all season.

Haha. I actually talked about this and given the year he's had he wasn't that bad tonight. Played sound defense and made some solid offensive plays. But then yeah the overtime mistake set us back to square one.

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
I fell asleep late in the third, sounds like I unfortunately missed a Karlson goal, but fortunately missed an OEL giveaway. I guess it's a wash overall then. Also 3 GDT pages? Impressive how good the yotes are at crushing their fans.

Found a replay of the OT goal, wicked shot by Karlson, I wouldn't put that turnover all on Oel, that wasn't a well timed or placed drop pass.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
To be more accurate, it's yotes fans that are crushing their fans in the GDTs. Even when the team doesn't play all that badly, one comes in here and it's grey skies and impending doom.

Fortunately this site is as popular in Phoenix as the Save the Spotted Owl Society website. Not many fans at the games have ever heard of this site.

jacobhockey13

Apr 17, 2014
on the bench
To be more accurate, it's yotes fans that are crushing their fans in the GDTs. Even when the team doesn't play all that badly, one comes in here and it's grey skies and impending doom.

I completely respect and understand how sometimes people don't want to hear the criticism and just enjoy the game. The tank year was good because we had a whole thread dedicated to it so that the GDT could be more positive. It's kind of awkward having to gripe in the GDT but it is what it is. I celebrated Perlini's goal just like anybody else by cheering in the arena. It was a really nice shot. By the time, I get home though, the only thing I can think about is usually, "Wow, Goligoski is awful" and stuff like that.

ClassLessCoyote

Staying classy
Jun 10, 2009

GDT's are supposed to be a mix of emotions regardless if the franchise is doing well or not as long as there's no Anti-Coyotes nonsense going on.

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
Looking forward to going!!!!
I may even get me a shake from Johnny Rockets and go over by gate 7, lean against the fence and watch the BMW's arrive.
About a month ago I was doing that when Hanzal came driving up.
I was just leaning against the fence drinking a shake
He looked up, went in.
About 1 minute later a security guy comes out and says"You'll have to move away, your bothering the players"
I said
"Ok, buddy, but lately they've been bothering me".
Oh well, the life of a season ticket holder trying to go early to avoid traffic.

I appreciate your GDT posts! You have infectious enthusiasm and make me wish I was at GRA again to take in a game.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
GDT's are supposed to be a mix of emotions regardless if the franchise is doing well or not as long as there's no Anti-Coyotes nonsense going on.

It is indeed supposed to be. It is not. Well, except for SoL (that might not be a great acronym :laugh: )

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad