GDT: Game 65: Columbus vs. Edmonton | 3/4 7PM EST

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Not to beat a dead horse but these guys were all a year younger last year and the finish didn't mean squat. Just like this year's finish if it continues to be successful or does a 180 into the crapper. Next year is a whole new puck game (?). I'm glad they are playing well; not so glad our odds for one of the top 3 are diminishing.

And not to argue the dead horse any further, but I never thought the 15-1-1 run was that impressive. The team wasn't that good in that run and the D was weak and dependent on Bob. I was here grumbling about the D that whole time.

This is a complete team IMO. They just need to mature and we're set. And to do that maturing they need to play the right way, which they are. I might share your view if I thought a rebuild was needed.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
And now we enter the "what could have been" portion of our season.

Meh, talk to me after game 20 next season. They fooled me once.

I'm happy the fans got an entertaining game and our home record is starting to approach respectable.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
That.
Was.
AWESOME. :D

I've seen rapid response goals before, of course (mostly against :( ) but never for EVERY SINGLE GOAL, EVERY TIME. IN OUR FAVOR. :amazed:

Amusingly, my nephew was talking about a 6-4 score as we were walking in. We decided we were willing to settle for 6-3, tho. ;)

Murray-Jones are even better in person. Love it so much. Even my nephew took notice of Murray and I'm still explaining fundamentals of the game to him.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
It must be an HF rule that every team we beat is only because of horrific officiating or we are a dirty team. And a thread on the mains usually needs to be started about these topics as well.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I agree with Porty, there should have been a little Letestu tribute/montage. Soupy got one from Boston, and Letestu was even more of a leader for this team.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Didn't get to catch game how serious did Saad injury seem :(

I too am curious. I was at the game, sitting a few rows off the ice and didn't even see what happened to saad. Read that he was out on twitter.

However, after the game.. The girlfriend and I talked to Davidge and he seemed to believe that Saad could have a concussion. Will be interesting to see who replaces Saad.. Bourque?

Nov 13, 2006
Ohio
Not to beat a dead horse but these guys were all a year younger last year and the finish didn't mean squat. Just like this year's finish if it continues to be successful or does a 180 into the crapper. Next year is a whole new puck game (?). I'm glad they are playing well; not so glad our odds for one of the top 3 are diminishing.

This. I agree completely .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad