GDT: Game 65: Avs @ Wild | Tuesday, March 1st, 6pm MT | 18 and Counting

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Huge game here... it will set the tone for the rest of the season. I fully expect a chippy and hard fought game tonight... Probably ending in a 3-2 OT win for somebody.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
That forward lineup looks so much better than before. Comeau on the 3rd line, Mitchell and McLeod on the 4th... all we need now is Rantanen to replace Iggy on the 2nd line.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
So what's the deal with Bleacks and the compensatory pick? If ARI offers him a contract and he doesn't sign it, they get the compensatory 2nd round pick, or what?

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
So what's the deal with Bleacks and the compensatory pick? If ARI offers him a contract and he doesn't sign it, they get the compensatory 2nd round pick, or what?

Avs made an offer to keep his rights for the 2nd year. Once that was done, it means that Bleackley can return a compensatory pick 30 spots after (#53 for him) in the 2016 draft if he goes unsigned. Arizona doesn't need to offer him a thing, and it doesn't sound like they will. Bleackley probably re-enters the draft and gets selected in the 4th-6th rounds.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
That forward lineup looks so much better than before. Comeau on the 3rd line, Mitchell and McLeod on the 4th... all we need now is Rantanen to replace Iggy on the 2nd line.

And where is Iginla going to play?

The guy has 12 points on his last 11 games.

Coloradorov

Oct 7, 2009
Denver
Big game tonight. I hope they're up for it!

Not sure why it just struck me now, but that lineup is drastically different from this time last year.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Avs made an offer to keep his rights for the 2nd year. Once that was done, it means that Bleackley can return a compensatory pick 30 spots after (#53 for him) in the 2016 draft if he goes unsigned. Arizona doesn't need to offer him a thing, and it doesn't sound like they will. Bleackley probably re-enters the draft and gets selected in the 4th-6th rounds.

Wonder what would happen here if the Avs took him in the 5th.

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
And where is Iginla going to play?

The guy has 12 points on his last 11 games.

Of his 5 goals, 4 have come on the PP. He's best when he's eating up PP time, so I'd put most of his minutes on the PP and bump him down to the 3rd line.

Moot point since Rants won't be called up this season. But I am looking forward (and hoping) we see this same set of top 6 forwards minus Iggy plsu Rants next season.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I'm like 90% certain it happened before with ramizi abid.

What a refreshing name. He was probably the first "prospect" I've ever really known. I was like 8 years old and loved the Avs but the only players I really knew outside of the Avs were the stars of the league and I knew absolutely nothing about prospects. Abid was the best player on the Mooseheads who I started watching a lot that year and my brother explained how he was an Avs prospect and I thought it was so cool. It was a new concept to me. If only I had been to Moosheads games the year before when they had Tangs.

N Switzerland

Feb 14, 2016
Avs fan in AZ here... Been watching Boedker play with AZ since he was drafted which makes me very excited to watch his skill set with our team, could very possibly be a great fit. Was a clutch player for the Coyotes during their deep playoff run in the 11-12 season. Kind of streaky akin to Duchene (really high highs and low lows) but I feel like that's most players in the NHL given how much the momentum shifts. Can't wait to watch him dominate some shifts like I've seen him do with the Yotes on the Avs...He didn't get much help from his previous team in terms of competent linemates so we'll see how he does with the Avs firepower

Aside from that, must win game tonight boys, time for the 3 new Avs to show the rest of the team how to get the hell over their fear of the Wild.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Seriously **** the Wild and everything about them.

I think this game begins and ends with Varlamov. If he lets in a squeaker, we lose, if he's solid, I think we will win. I think Hench makes a good point is that I wouldn't be surprised if this game has OT written all over it. OT also benefits the Avs much more than it does the Wild.

Avs now are looking like it has some depth to roll out three lines for the first time in years. First time since this team had Downie and Parenteau to go along with Stastny and O'Reilly.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Keeping the Wild out of the playoffs would almost be as victorious as making it ourselves. There's going to be a lot of butt-clenching tonight.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Avs fan in AZ here... Been watching Boedker play with AZ since he was drafted which makes me very excited to watch his skill set with our team, could very possibly be a great fit. Was a clutch player for the Coyotes during their deep playoff run in the 11-12 season. Kind of streaky akin to Duchene (really high highs and low lows) but I feel like that's most players in the NHL given how much the momentum shifts. Can't wait to watch him dominate some shifts like I've seen him do with the Yotes on the Avs...He didn't get much help from his previous team in terms of competent linemates so we'll see how he does with the Avs firepower

Aside from that, must win game tonight boys, time for the 3 new Avs to show the rest of the team how to get the hell over their fear of the Wild.

Welcome!

Avalanche2133

May 16, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Can anybody explain how 90% of the time the Wild beat us 3,4,5-0? A score like that isn't really from a trap system is it? Usually trap games are like 2-0 or 3-1. But those damn wild always seem to score a few on us while ******** us right out. Hopefully with our new fire power we can avoid this outcome.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
It seems absurd that a Draft Bust, A player we were all calling to be a healthy scratch, and not even one of our top 3 D prospects is considered a kings ransom.

A huge RHD with a lot of talent (who'll be our second best D prospect once Bigras has a few more games and no longer qualifies as a prospect); and a quality middle 6 prospect is a huge price to pay to win 1 game.

King's ransom would have been Rantanen/Bigras or Zadorov. We lost depth prospects.

That would've been a king's ransom even if it were returning a long term piece. We paid a king's ransom to win this 1 game.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
A huge RHD with a lot of talent (who'll be our second best D prospect once Bigras has a few more games and no longer qualifies as a prospect); and a quality middle 6 prospect is a huge price to pay to win 1 game.

That would've been a king's ransom even if it were returning a long term piece. We paid a king's ransom to win this 1 game.

Why on earth are you droning on about this 1 game? If we win tonight and lose the rest, we're in the same pickle - I'm happy our management improved our roster enough to give us a legit shot, and there's nothing definitively significant about tonight's game that won't be the same each game from here on out. It's like all you whiners miss Guenin or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad