GDT: Game #65 - 04.09.14 - vs Columbus - 7:30 PM - FS Southwest - 96.7 FM (Down 1-0)

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
In the two games against Columbus this year we outshot them 67 to 46 but we were outscored 7 to 3...

It all comes down to goaltending in the end (and luck).

SouthEndXGF

Oct 26, 2013
Dallas, TX
wow. i know we lost, but we didn't quit. they were all over the Jackets in the 3rd. I like the move by Ruff running so long with the empty net.

I honestly feel much better about our chances after that 3rd period than I did after the first period tonight.

Go Stars!

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Columbus is such a spectacularly bland team.
Unspectacular city, boring hockey, bland jerseys, average record, and a bunch of 5 o'clock shadow'd average looking dudes.
I think they would play opposite the Stars in their black "DALLAS" jerseys in a movie.

yep, thats the midwest. Come visit sometime, doesn't matter what city. Indy, Columbus, Ft Wayne, Toledo, Cincy, etc, unless you recognize a specific landmark, you won't likely know which city you are in.

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Remember when Philly traded Bobrovsky because of their goaltending problems?

Pepperidge-Farm.jpeg

Sports

Jul 12, 2011
The whole anti-jinx thing wore out it's welcome on me ages ago.
That being said, the Stars are going to make the playoffs.
Playoffs.
Playoffs.
Playoffs.

Lcf8Yq4.jpg

Hop on, mother****ers.

Alistar

Jul 9, 2006
I guess the good news is that at long last our next two matchups will be against teams that are going to be on the wrong side of the schedules. In each of these last 5 or so games the Stars have clearly been the team that is the more tired of the two thanks to that insane 7 games in 10 nights stretch. Now they have a fair chance to beat some teams that will be down on energy.

SouthEndXGF

Oct 26, 2013
Dallas, TX
yep, thats the midwest. Come visit sometime, doesn't matter what city. Indy, Columbus, Ft Wayne, Toledo, Cincy, etc, unless you recognize a specific landmark, you won't likely know which city you are in.

hey, I've been to Columbus. It's a pretty cool town to visit, and the area near the arena is pretty cool. Even managed to snag a table at Thurman Burger.

We beat y'all that night. :sarcasm:

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Few remarks
-Tim Thomas is Marty Turco
-Marty Turco is Tim Thomas
-It's Still Happening. We're clinching by Saturday.

Bkennedy*

Bob was unreal for them

Bobo played amazing. We also missed a ton of free goals by completely missing the net. Most notably toaster's.

I'm just on my after-loss rant. LET ME HAVE MY RANT THEN ILL BE OPTIMISTIC TOMORROW.

SouthEndXGF

Oct 26, 2013
Dallas, TX
Would visit/10

that was a fun trip. did 4 games in 4 nights

DAL@CBJ
DAL@BUF
TPA@BUF
SJS@STL

trying to get to each arena - Columbus was a neat arena - reminded me a little of Reunion when the Stars played there - their fans were nice and hospitable. I wish I'd had more time to kick around the city - looked like there were some neat things to do there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad