GDT: Game 64 - Washington Capitals @ Winnipeg Jets - Monday, March 11th, 2024 - 6:30pm CST - Sportsnet - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

jungles

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2011
Just saw the interview with Miller. Why do the local media keep pretending our arena has such a great atmosphere? I cringe every time they ask a player about it.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Ehlers-Scheifele-Vilardi
Connor-Monahan-Toffoli
Perfetti-Names-Barron
N-L-A

Or

Connor-Scheifele-Ehlers
Barron-Monahan-Toffoli
Perfetti-Names-Vilardi
N-L-A
Gus, Iafallo, Kupari

Assuming 50 mins of 5v5 per game, play the topline 16 mins, and the other lines 12, 11, 11 mins.
Barron deserves more icetime.
I don't think Iafallo brings enough offensively to play over Barron, Perfetti etc.

Or (under the assumption Connor-Scheifele-Vilardi must play together):

Connor-Scheifele-Vilardi
Perfetti-Names-Ehlers
Barron-Monahan-Toffoli
NLA

Roll four lines (12.5 mins icetime at 5v5 for each).
I am not convinced Monahan and Ehlers have chemistry. I think Perfetti-Names-Ehlers was a great 2-way line.

Morrissey - DeMelo
Dillon - Pionk/Miller
Samberg - Schmidt/Miller/Heinola

Don't say Bones ain't listening to HFJets😂
I had basically these line combinations in the "Dream Scenario" thread. Just substitute injured Vilardi for Iafallo.

For once, I am not gonna complain about line configurations😉 I think Bones, has gone with proven chemistry and results in tonights lineup.
Hopefully it will payoff.

Happy to see CSE back together. Small sample size, but you could already see a huge change in possession and a lot less HDCA in the Vancouver debacle after going from CS-Namestnikov to CS-Ehlers. And I like Namestnikov, but believe he will work better with Perfetti and Barron.

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
I really like Rick and I can see why he's beloved by his players wherever he goes. He's fiery and competitive, calls things as they are but still has his players backs at the end of the day.

I'm really excited to see tiny eyes play tonight!
Bones: don't over-analyse line blending

HfJets every time a winger takes a shift with a different centre:
1000026087.gif

buggs

screenshot
Sponsor
Jun 25, 2012
somewhere flat
Tried it once at a Moose game. Ate it because I was hungry but never again. :laugh:
There isn't much food at the arena that agrees with me. Popcorn maybe. Had the burger that was new this year and it wasn't terrible but I can think of a Fat Boy at about 100 other Winnipeg restaurants that is better. Unlike a Jet dog or the bison dog, I didn't absolutely regret it, so there's that.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
And just so people can see this is Jeff Spicoli and i am spelling his name right with no ill intent.

I don't want to know anyone who doesn't already know Jeff Spicoli. That would be bogus.

Bones: don't over-analyse line blending

HfJets every time a winger takes a shift with a different centre:
View attachment 834088
Facts about Winnipeg:

Rick Bowness has used 108 line combinations in the past two seasons. That is the same number of days that have been below 0 degrees in the past two years. 437 citizens of Winnipeg have been treated for frostbite during that time.

• Haha
Reactions: Jets 31

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
The Ghost theme is perfect for me since I have ghosted the NHL for most of the season but tonight I will be in attendance for the first time in a really long time.

Now that my kid is out of hockey I think I finally have time to get back to watching some Jets hockey more regularly.

GJG

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
There isn't much food at the arena that agrees with me. Popcorn maybe. Had the burger that was new this year and it wasn't terrible but I can think of a Fat Boy at about 100 other Winnipeg restaurants that is better. Unlike a Jet dog or the bison dog, I didn't absolutely regret it, so there's that.
I found the popcorn got really bad.
I have only been to 1 game since the 2020 shutdown and haven't had the popcorn since then so who knows but I also found it damp (in a bad way) and pathetic when compared to movie theatre popcorn.

They had Gondola in the arena for a while there and then had to switch things up.

I recall the chicken finger and fries basket (with the dill pickle slice) being pretty decent.

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
I would think there's a good chance there were some lingering effects of illness. Even on the Canucks board there were posts remarking about how the Jets did not look like themselves on Saturday night. Hopefully some chicken soup and plenty of rest will put all of that in the rear-view.

Can't wait to see Toffoli in action too.

I feel so good about things I just bought tickets for Wednesday night. Let's goooo!
Hopefully Toffoli and Miller come down with it later in the week ... seriously is Winnipeg the capital of the flu season?
I was talking to relatives in Winnipeg and the whole family was sick during the holidays for a couple of weeks.
I lived in Winnipeg for over 20 years and never got sick ... hangovers don't count.:laugh:

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

Went to a game earlier this year. Timing made it convenient to plan on eating in the arena. The best concessions were gone. Ended up having a burger. It was not terrible. But I won't come to CLC expecting to eat anything in future.

That said, the pizza is the worst.

Reactions: buggs and Cypruss

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
Just saw the interview with Miller. Why do the local media keep pretending our arena has such a great atmosphere? I cringe every time they ask a player about it.
Yup weird ... the playoffs it's great but during the season the crowd is pretty quiet at times. I haven't been to a game at the CLC so I won't judge but on TV it sounds dead.
I think the Jet fans in Vancouver are louder at Rogers area ... I know they were in the 4-2 win but not so much this past Saturday ... nothing to cheer about.:mad:

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I don't want to know anyone who doesn't already know Jeff Spicoli. That would be bogus.

Facts about Winnipeg:

Rick Bowness has used 108 line combinations in the past two seasons. That is the same number of days that have been below 0 degrees in the past two years. 437 citizens of Winnipeg have been treated for frostbite during that time.
Is this Dennis Beyak?

I found the popcorn got really bad.
I have only been to 1 game since the 2020 shutdown and haven't had the popcorn since then so who knows but I also found it damp (in a bad way) and pathetic when compared to movie theatre popcorn.
They made it so that it dissolves instantly when it touches ice - affects the flavor and teture

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad