GDT: Game 64 - Washington Capitals @ Winnipeg Jets - Monday, March 11th, 2024 - 6:30pm CST - Sportsnet - CJOB/Power 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

macmaroon

Winnipeg Jets fan since 1972
Sponsor
Sep 3, 2011
Winnipeg Manitoba
www.macmaroon.com
Ghosts-00.jpg

Ghosts-01.jpg

Ghosts-02.jpg

Ghosts-03.jpg

Ghosts-04.jpg

Ghosts-05.jpg

Ghosts-06.jpg

Ghosts-07.jpg

Ghosts-08.jpg

Ghosts-09.jpg

Ghosts-10.jpg

Ghosts-11.jpg

Ghosts-12.jpg

Ghosts-13.jpg

Ghosts-14.jpg

Ghosts-15.jpg

Ghosts-16.jpg

Ghosts-17.jpg

Ghosts-18.jpg

Ghosts-19.jpg

Ghosts-20.jpg

Ghosts-21.jpg

Ghosts-22.jpg

Ghosts-23.jpg

Ghosts-24.jpg

Ghosts-25.jpg

Ghosts-26.jpg

Ghosts-27.jpg

Go Jets Go! :hockey:

@sipowicz and others, note that game time is at 6:30pm on Sportsnet. Got that... :thumbu:

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
Thanks @macmaroon.

I want to see the Jets grind out a convincing win, with Helly back in form (or Bro?), and some of the new guys doing their thing.

Topics to ponder:

Caps -> can be beaten.

Ovechkin -> I don't give a fig for Ovechkin. Is he a great player? Yep. Do I care about him or his record? Hell to the no. May the Jets shut him down and the horse he rode in on.

Arise Jets, funnel thine recent drubbing into a well crafted exhibition of your nascent skills.

Slaughter and mayhem, mud and ice, tooth and branch - drive the Caps before us like so many hapless cud-chewing porcine wastrels. May they bleat in terror at the sight of the encircled jet logo, and scatter, their accoutrements akimbo and dangling. :)

ddfc1z6-11bcd978-8991-486b-b559-689fdf26d807.gif

SensibleGuy

Nov 26, 2011
I'd like to start seeing a team that actually looks like it might do something in the playoffs. Because while they've been winning games lately, they haven't really looked like that to me very often...particularly against the sorts of teams they'll likely be facing in the playoffs.

kanadalainen

A pint of dark matter, please.
Jan 7, 2017
The 100th Meridian
tattooed-shakespeare-mathew-mcfarren.jpg

Carbery be ass-ended at yon Jets fell behest
While Helly shall carry thee away,
Tom Wilson hath shyte his pants (with interest),
At centre ice, this memorial to the Caps shall stay.
When Patches and Oshie reviewest this, aye they dost review
And Protas and Strome clamber up thy dung-ed scree:
Our lines move but on sweet earth, which is their due;
Jets’ spirit is thine, the better part of we:
So when in the third thou Caps have lost hopes of life,
The prey of worms, their spirits being dead,
The lack of rebound to the goals of Scheif,
Too slow of skate for Lurch, their defences shred.
The worth of that is that which it contains,
And that is this, a Jet’s win with we remains.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I'd like to start seeing a team that actually looks like it might do something in the playoffs. Because while they've been winning games lately, they haven't really looked like that to me very often...particularly against the sorts of teams they'll likely be facing in the playoffs.
They absolutely shut down the Kraken - a very desperate Kraken that were on a bit of a hot streak.

They followed up one of their best in a while with probably the worst game I've seen this team play in years.

I wonder how the teams health is (flu) but I expect the new guys to inject some life and I'd bet the whole team will be hungry to put that tired against the Canucks behind them.

Can't forget the Jets also handled the Canucks pretty well in the previous matchup before Saturdays disaster

jetsmooseice

Let Chevy Cook
Feb 20, 2020
I wonder how the teams health is (flu) but I expect the new guys to inject some life and I'd bet the whole team will be hungry to put that tired against the Canucks behind them.

I would think there's a good chance there were some lingering effects of illness. Even on the Canucks board there were posts remarking about how the Jets did not look like themselves on Saturday night. Hopefully some chicken soup and plenty of rest will put all of that in the rear-view.

Can't wait to see Toffoli in action too.

I feel so good about things I just bought tickets for Wednesday night. Let's goooo!

Joe Hallenback

Mar 4, 2005
They absolutely shut down the Kraken - a very desperate Kraken that were on a bit of a hot streak.

They followed up one of their best in a while with probably the worst game I've seen this team play in years.

Can't forget the Jets also handled the Canucks pretty well in the previous matchup before Saturdays disaster

But what did you do for me on the 2nd night of a back to back when you haven't lost one this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad