GDT: Game 64: Vegas Golden Knights @ Anaheim Ducks | 7:00PM | Banana Bread Day.

Vegas07

Dec 6, 2018
Ducks had way too many great scoring opportunities in this game. Not surprised Subban would struggle.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Ducks had way too many great scoring opportunities in this game. Not surprised Subban would struggle.
Our defense outside the Martinez-Whitecloud pairing was disastrous in the back half of this game. Schmidt and McNabb in particular melted down at the wrong time. I'm no gonna act like Subban was perfect but our defense completely misunderstimated Anaheim.

Ginger Papa

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2019
Quesnel, B.C.
This is the team's biggest need, a punishing defenseman, not a puck moving Dman. Teams know that Vegas has NOBODY who will make them pay a price for driving hard to the net.

I'd say Manson from the Ducks but he's been shit this year.

You both make good points, I wonder if Manson would play well in a different system though. Nonetheless, perhaps the GM will sharpen his pencil tonight/tomorrow morning after watching this D again.

Reactions: MrLouniverse

MrLouniverse

frontline internet hero
Sep 19, 2012
(Las) Vegas
TEDDYYYY
VICTORY FROM THE JAWS OF OUR OWN INCOMPETENCE
giphy.gif

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
This is the team's biggest need, a punishing defenseman, not a puck moving Dman. Teams know that Vegas has NOBODY who will make them pay a price for driving hard to the net.

Mcnabb IS a punishing dman and was on the ice for the last 2 that were scored right on top of the net. Would it be nice to get a top 4 guy who's a mean SOB and can play 20 minutes? Obviously. Problem is, I'd wager there is no one like that available.

This game in particular should be a write off. B2B coming off a big win streak against really good teams. Subban in net and look at the goals the Ducks scored. Lot of fluky bounces and Theo literally handed them one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad