Post-Game Talk: Game 64: Capital Gains | Capitals @ Blackhawks | 2/28/2016 | 11:30 AM CDT | NBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
Norris Keith cannot even hot an open net....Panarin rightly passes it to him instead of trying for it himself from further away

But as usual Norris Keith cannot hit the target...might have
cost us if we could not hold them off on 3 draws on our zone after Keith fails. . $6 million+ and he cannot hit an open net! Terrible.

Were you and blackhawkwinscup intercontinental tag team champions in a previous life? It's like one guy types as the other guy posts ...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
Flash was pretty damn good today, really like how he played. I believe I saw him killing some penalties too, a dimensions I didn't realize that he had..? And if Weise is better than him? Holy.

Ladd was decent, definitely will be a better fit for that line than Shaw. TT continues to get better as the season goes on. Just need to get some improvement on the back end as the season comes to a close and this team will be very tough to beat 4 times in 7 games.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
I've been to enough games at the Verizon Center to know Ovie's Caps. Always a lot of talent ... but they don't know how to finish opponents and they don't have that extra gear like the Hawks.

Typical Caps ... come out swinging early and get frustrated when the opponents hit back. If it wasn't for the refs in the 3rd period, this would have been a 3 goal victory.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Supposedly he swore at a ref after a missed high-stick call or something.

Anyway, the Hawks clearly increased their Give a **** level for this game. Quite a difference than the way they looked against Minnesota, and it wasn't just because of the new additions to the roster.

They still have yet another deeper level they can get to though... Playoffs should be interesting.

Which really is unforgivable. Guys swear at refs all game, every game. It's easy to read lips.

Caliing that gave the #1 pp in the league a 5/3 against a pk that has been awful. Giving a 5-3 with over a minute effectively gave Wash a goal and made a 3-1 game a 3-2 and completely changed the complexion of the game.

I can live with a missed trip or a weak hook - that's due to the speed of the game. But unsportsmanlike are judgment penalties. The ref made a judgement to effectively give the Caps a goal and thus impact the remainder of the game and possibly the outcome. THAT is why that was a terrible call.

Not to mention the horrific announcing. The most pivotal point of the game and the most pivotal call of the game and announcers don't bother to show or exp,sin what happened. Terrible. I'm sure Troy and John explained what happened

ChiTownCode

Natural Perm
Aug 13, 2013
Chicago
Flash looked good today, don't know how long it will last.

Refs secured us a victory- I started a thread on this exact line of thinking earlier in the year.- Without the refs we wouldn't have been able to keep up with the mighty Caps... etc.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Caution...the relative possession stats were better for our bottom six group than out top six ....The ES play of our top six group has got to be one would think better on possesion than our bottom six ...so room to vastly improve for our "star studded"top 2 lines...on the other hand if our 3rd and 4th lines were as dominant in possession as they were today then if our stars on the top 2 lines just pop in some pp goals and get lucky pn the few shots they generate and score ..then we ought to be OK. ..but technically our lines #1 and#2 were not very dominant today.. But it can only get better
.right?

ThatSaid

May 31, 2015
Glendale Heights, IL
Does anyone else think that BWC and 50 are just plants from other jealous fanbases? Like, people who are sick of having to deal with negativity on their own boards, and decide that a fanbase that has absolutely nothing to complain about needs a little dose of pessimism? :laugh:

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Caution...the relative possession stats were better for our bottom six group than out top six ....The ES play of our top six group has got to be one would think better on possesion than our bottom six ...so room to vastly improve for our "star studded"top 2 lines...on the other hand if our 3rd and 4th lines were as dominant in possession as they were today then if our stars on the top 2 lines just pop in some pp goals and get lucky pn the few shots they generate and score ..then we ought to be OK. ..but technically our lines #1 and#2 were not very dominant today.. But it can only get better
.right?

OMG Fiddy! You need to ask?
Right.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
.right?

Statement...our top six plays against their top six......Revelation....our ES play was better than the other team's today...Caution......you're really stretching lately especially while the Hawks defeat other playoff teams and the act has gotten tired.

I've been saying that about 50 since I started reading this board TouchMyCup. BWC actually expresses excitement when the Hawks do well.

Last edited:

Cullksinikers

Aug 20, 2009
'Merica
This team has everything right now. Speed. Size. Grit. Skill. Snarl. Goaltending. And that was all without Kruger, Weise, and Hossa in the lineup. So pumped for the final 18 games and the playoffs. The Hawks are scary.

Clownish

Jan 1, 2014
Does anyone else think that BWC and 50 are just plants from other jealous fanbases? Like, people who are sick of having to deal with negativity on their own boards, and decide that a fanbase that has absolutely nothing to complain about needs a little dose of pessimism? :laugh:

There's a guy on the Caps board that kinda has the same tone with similar "paragraph" structure. I think HF or the NHL just pays someone to stir each team's fanbase to keep it interesting.:popcorn:

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
That play by play guy stunk. That must have been NBC's C team.

Well Eddie and Doc did the Stadium Series in Denver yesterday. Kenny Albert is usually the B team. Don't know where he was.

So we had that crew. Marquee matchup of the two best teams in the NHL of what could be a Cup preview. On a Sunday NBC game and those are the turds they assigned? Eek

BrianE

Dec 29, 2014
WI
This team has everything right now. Speed. Size. Grit. Skill. Snarl. Goaltending. And that was all without Kruger, Weise, and Hossa in the lineup. So pumped for the final 18 games and the playoffs. The Hawks are scary.

100%....loving this team right now, brace yourselves Hawks fans. Exciting times ahead.

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC

It takes an incredible level of commitment to ALWAYS find a black cloud with the Hawks.

Fiddy reminds me of Woody Allen. That neurotic hypochondriac fan. Every fan base has one if those.

BWC - he has a bit more "anger" about him. He's like Frank Costanza ... George's dad.

theaub

34-38-61-10-13-15
Nov 21, 2008
Toronto
Whenever I hear those guys I just think of the Hawks/Nucks series from 2010 for some reason

(Assumably because they did it)

abt424

Apr 4, 2012
Austin
Norris Keith cannot even hot an open net....Panarin rightly passes it to him instead of trying for it himself from further away

But as usual Norris Keith cannot hit the target...might have
cost us if we could not hold them off on 3 draws on our zone after Keith fails. . $6 million+ and he cannot hit an open net! Terrible.

Why aren't all of our players perfect every game?!?!

Tired of humans. Can we draft cyborgs?

STC

Oct 29, 2012
Supposedly he swore at a ref after a missed high-stick call or something.

Anyway, the Hawks clearly increased their Give a **** level for this game. Quite a difference than the way they looked against Minnesota, and it wasn't just because of the new additions to the roster.

They still have yet another deeper level they can get to though... Playoffs should be interesting.

That's funny, I actually remember hearing that in the background on the tv. It was quite loud, but I assumed it was Desi who yelled it since he was the one who was victimized by the uncalled high stick.

Either way, pathetic call by an NHL ref. This isn't the NBA, players are allowed to swear at refs in the NHL. Even if its over the line, a good ref doesn't raise his arm when its already 5 on 4 at the end of the 3rd period. Good ref recognizes game situation and keeps his arm down.

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
.right?

Hawks beat the top team in the standings...caution the sky is falling

Honey Bear

Fan of Losing Teams
Feb 3, 2012
SF Bay Area/Boston
This was an excellent win over the Capitals. I don't think either team played particularly well at times, but it was still a great game. Really aside from those stupid penalties committed at the end by the Hawks, overall I liked the way they played.

I can't wait till Weise comes to town. He's really going to help that third line further. Fleisch really did a good job at times. He brings a dynamic that the Hawks really haven't had much of which is a big guy who can really check people. He laid someone on Washington out in the 2nd or 3rd period IIRC.

If we can just get Russell or Hamhuis, I think we are set for a cup run.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
If you could pick a group of 5 forwards for a playoff run, which would you pick?

Saad, Sharp, Richards, Vermette, Versteeg

Or Panarin, Ladd, Anisimov, Weise, Fleischmann

???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad