GDT: Game 64: Anaheim Ducks vs New York Islanders - 5pm PT, BSSC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
I’m kinda surprised Verbeek didn’t clean house more at the TDL but I also get the feeling that we have several guys who are pretty much untradeable. We’re in a weird spot
Some guys in SD as well. Tracey seems like a guy with zero value, we probably should be happy he got anything for JP.

Reactions: AngelDuck

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I’m kinda surprised Verbeek didn’t clean house more at the TDL but I also get the feeling that we have several guys who are pretty much untradeable. We’re in a weird spot

Yea, that’s a tough spot. We’ve been very unlucky with injuries which have thrown a lot of forwards in spots they really shouldn’t be in.

Drysdale move, will work out long term but it did really kinda screw the defense a bit.

Gibson/fowler/mcginn/strome and silf are basically untradable…. Which were prob the guys you’d want to clean house or look to upgrade.

Jones/leason/groulx/lacombe/Vaaks you are prob hoping can show a little more, but you could easily upgrade any of these guys.

Vatrano gudas and killorn I think bring the right type of energy, but none of them are top players, more compliments…. But you need the young guys to show they can take the reins. Unfortunately they’ve all been off and on injured. So we can’t even really see how the team looks when everyone’s healthy and playing on the correct lines

Bring in better assistant coaches, I think you have to give Cronin a full off season without hold outs and see how the team responds.

Have a solid draft, make trades for upgrades to continue to help the youth.

Ducksforcup

Jan 5, 2006
Irvine, California
Strome really does not look good. It's a shame because he actually started off the season hustling and finally looking like a 5,000,000 player. Recent play though ooof.

Tecumseh

Scorched Earth
Oct 20, 2012
Southbridge, MA
I don’t think that Verbeek is going to give up on Cronin after less than a year, but that quote sounds like part of a tirade from a coach that knows he’s about to get fired.

ohcomeonref

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 18, 2014
Alberta, Canada
This may come out of left field for some of you but inflation and interest rates are out of control up here in Canada, there's a housing crisis. Food banks are empty. Regular people are f***ing HURTING up here. Watching these losers play heartless hockey for millions of dollars is almost too much for me to stand some nights.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Watching the Cronin interview. I think the players have tuned him out.. He keeps saying he doesn't know... That's not a good sign.. I'm with him. Seems as though the players don't like his system or something. Verbeek will not fire Cronin because that will make him look bad. So one of the young stars might get traded. The only one I know of that might is Zegras.. But lets get to that bridge first. As of right now.. this team has no clear leader. Because we don't have a f***ing captain.. enough of this bullshit. Make somebody captain already

This may come out of left field for some of you but inflation and interest rates are out of control up here in Canada, there's a housing crisis. Food banks are empty. Regular people are f***ing HURTING up here. Watching these losers play heartless hockey for millions of dollars is almost too much for me to stand some nights.
I'm with you on this. Our health and well being is far more important to all of us than these guys to in the end of the day get paid regardless of how shitty they play

Deuce22

Jun 17, 2013
SoCal & Idaho
Watching the Cronin interview. I think the players have tuned him out.. He keeps saying he doesn't know... That's not a good sign.. I'm with him. Seems as though the players don't like his system or something. Verbeek will not fire Cronin because that will make him look bad. So one of the young stars might get traded. The only one I know of that might is Zegras.. But lets get to that bridge first. As of right now.. this team has no clear leader. Because we don't have a f***ing captain.. enough of this bullshit. Make somebody captain already

I'm with you on this. Our health and well being is far more important to all of us than these guys to in the end of the day get paid regardless of how shitty they play
There isn't a captain because no one is qualified. You don't just name a captain to have one. You name a captain because he is actually the leader of the team.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary

Cronin isn’t going anywhere probably for a year or so, assuming they don’t improve much. If they improve next year, he’s safe all the way through. One thing that’s stuck out to me is whether this is a guy who can coach a high-octane offensive system. Is he a coach who’s gonna be able to work with and compromise with highly-skilled offensive players, some of whom aren’t all that good defensively and may never be?

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts

But the GM says that he loves this team work ethic! Clearly we are the wrong ones!

Reactions: ohcomeonref

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
They better figure out how to develop a leader because hiring one from the outside doesn’t seem to be working. Where the hell is Getzlaf? Get his ass back here and lock him in the dressing room after every practice until somebody learns leadership from him.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
Side note - does anyone else think that Gudas has to be playing injured (or sick)?

Nah, he's just been wearing down. Playing too many minutes recently (EDIT: I see @The Midnight Burrito beat me to this point)

It's weird though, because even for as bad as he's been the last 2 or 3 weeks, the young guys (LaCombe and Mintyukov) play significantly better next to him than they do away from him. He's been the security blanket.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
There isn't a captain because no one is qualified. You don't just name a captain to have one. You name a captain because he is actually the leader of the team.
Agreed, I’d like to see McTavish grow into that role. He just barely turned 21, no need to rush it.

KelVarnsen

May 2, 2010
Mission Viejo
Just as clueless as Eakins. No wonder why this guy never had a head coaching gig in his life.
This is where I am at. Eakins was a joke but this guy hasn't really improved the team IMO even though he has had a better roster. I know injuries are a thing but in reality, Eakins' teams played a clueless brand of hockey but they played harder on most nights. This team still plays like boneheads and seem to put in a lot of listless efforts in games.

• Love
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
eakins's teams played harder and came into games more prepared pre-TDL the last few seasons. outside of the first few weeks, this ducks team has looked completely lifeless all season and it'll only get worse now post TDL after losing guys

Reactions: KelVarnsen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille