BRUINS GDT GAME 64 7:37 PM - The Bruins welcome the NHL's best team - Tampa - NBCSN, SN360, TVAS, 98.5 WBZ-FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
Should be a great game, wish Pasta was healthy for it. I'm curious to see how we measure up without him; I'm thinking we are going to need really good health in a potential playoff matchup.

Must watch TV tonight!!

Reactions: lopey and Strafer

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Game 7 is still the best game I've ever watched in my life.

I try to hate you guys, but I just can't. Hope tonight is a fun one.

I agree it was one of the best games I've ever seen. Even the officiating was top level, I think there was only one or two penalties called the entire game. A lot of people think 1-0 games are boring but that's not true, they can be incredibly exciting.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I agree it was one of the best games I've ever seen. Even the officiating was top level, I think there was only one or two penalties called the entire game. A lot of people think 1-0 games are boring but that's not true, they can be incredibly exciting.

Believe it or not, there were zero penalties called.

Tampa Bay Lightning - Boston Bruins - May 27th, 2011

Hence the "Daddy Campbell" conspiracy nutjobs (most of whom never watched the game) who say it was a fix for the Bruins (who had the worst PP and best PK of the playoffs). I always ask those types to point out a single play in the game that should have been called a penalty, and always get *crickets*.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
TB really has no weaknesses and is just unbelievably good. I'm not sure if anyone has watched their recent games, but they are basically almost unstoppable now. I will be very happy if we come out with 1 point. If we somehow come out with 2 points, I will be doing summersaults in my living room. Go Bruins!

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England

Nothing yet, but should be out soon. Players who didn't skate yesterday were Bergeron and Acciari but both are back at practice today. So if I was a betting man:

Marchand -- Bergeron -- Heinen
DeBrusk -- Krejci -- Johansson
Nordstrom -- Coyle -- Backes
Kuraly -- Acciari -- Wagner

Still holding out hope that Cehlarik/Kuhlamn sub in (which would mean Acciari is out because they were both Emergency Callup's). Slot Nordstrom down to the 4th line LW, Kuraly to C and then figure it out between PC/KK for 3rd line duties.

Reactions: Pomee and Blowfish

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
There should be no complaining tonight if the B's can't beat this team and that the Bruins suck, blah, blah, blah....

There is the Tampa Bay Lightning and then there is the rest of the NHL. That is how well this team is constructed and playing right now. I will be happy with anything to Bruins can do against them...

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Believe it or not, there were zero penalties called.

Tampa Bay Lightning - Boston Bruins - May 27th, 2011

Hence the "Daddy Campbell" conspiracy nutjobs (most of whom never watched the game) who say it was a fix for the Bruins (who had the worst PP and best PK of the playoffs). I always ask those types to point out a single play in the game that should have been called a penalty, and always get *crickets*.
I'm sure you could have found a ticky tack slash, hook, or trip if you were looking hard enough, but certainly nothing egregious went by. It was just a well played game by both teams.

That whole series was fun as shit, and Game 7 was just the cherry on top.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Better than Rooney and hoping for a D- game. :laugh:

Rooney is such a ****. I used to believe that he was "that way" because he wanted to show his impartiality but now I pretty much think that he hates the B's organization for another reason that we will never find out about unless he writes a book after he retires. Wish he would start that book right NOW!

TaroTsujimoto

Apr 20, 2014
The Lightning are playing back to back and seem due for a loss. If Bergeron has a good game (hasn't been so good lately) I say we win this.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Game 7 is still the best game I've ever watched in my life.

I try to hate you guys, but I just can't. Hope tonight is a fun one.

Don't get me wrong....I hope the B's roll, but if the B's are eliminated, TB is on my short list of teams I won't mind seeing win the cup.

Reactions: BMC

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
This game could break the interwebz by tomorrow

If the B`s lose, fans lined up to bash DS for not doing enough to the point that the B`s just lost to a team who is playing their 3rd in 4th nights or

B`s play well, earn 2 pts, fans immediately forget the Bolts playing 3rd in 4th nights screaming something about Duckboats:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad