Post-Game Talk: GAME 64 - 50 WINS AND COUNTING - BRUINS 3 Detroit 2

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
There’s a reason why I like Hathways game a lot. If there’s a penalty being called on someone, he’s immediately in there trying to even the call up.

He’s engaged at all times. Nosek goes for a slash, Hathaway is trying to get someone to take a roughing call. He’s always in the mix.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
yup.... and how this forum has evolved from its humbled beginnings as the 2nd oldest forum created....despite the many challenges this forum has gone through w/the current leadership and those who are still here and those who have and won't be forgotten as to their roles in making this what it has evolved to....
@Gee Wally and @Fenway are a big part of the culture on this board. We are very lucky to have them

Playoff Bound!
I bet they already hit my credit card for the first 2 games :laugh:

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
That stickwork by Hathaway to go backhand forehand, over the goalies pad and tuck in the winner was just delightful.

Reactions: sooshii

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
1678627504201.png

1678627427970.png

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Coach Jim Montgomery planned to be in playoff preparation mode for the Bruins’ back-to-backer with the Detroit Red Wings Saturday and Sunday. Part of Montgomery’s mixing and matching included a Tyler Bertuzzi-Tomas Nosek-Garnet Hathaway line to start in the Bruins’ 3-2 win over the Red Wings Saturday. A.J. Greer took Bertuzzi’s place on ensuing shifts, Bertuzzi joining David Pastrnak and David Krejci.
“I thought they were our best line all night long,” Montgomery said of the Bruins’ fourth line. “Right from the first shift of the game, where I thought they got us going north. They had a lot of good looks and spent a lot of time in the O zone, despite the fact that I start them in the D zone a lot of times.”

Hathaway produced the deciding goal with a back-post finish of a rebound of Greer’s blast from the point.

“We always try to find a way, obviously, to play that heavy fourth-line game,” Greer said, “Because we have so much skill up front, we need a little bit of pushback. Whenever they become physical we need to set the tone – you’re not going to be able to push anyone around. This time of year guys are battling to make the playoffs, we’re getting guys’ best shots. We feed off that energy and it’s nice to be rewarded for the hard work we’ve been doing.

“Down two goals, we told ourselves on the bench we need something to light a spark here, and we need to go out there and do something to ignite not only our team but the crowd. Great job hemming their D men in their zone, relentless pressure, physical. If we play the right way offensive chances will come. Great play all around for the goal ― Hath doing his job, going to the net — exactly what we need as a fourth line is just crashing the net and getting those dirty goals.”

“Our game is moving through the zones, trying get in the O zone, and I think we were able to wear them down a little bit,” Hathaway said. “I thought we got better as we played.”

Hathaway was impressed with Patrice Bergeron’s first-period motivational speech.

“He brought us together,” Hathaway said of Bergeron. “He’s a great leader. We lean on him a lot and it’s a huge testament to his character. It’s what can we change, what can do? We can’t change the two goals that went in so what can we alter to get back in the game? So just take a breath. This team is great at calming down. There’s no rush, right? There’s 50 minutes left in the game, so there’s a lot of time.

“You don’t want to be down, 2-nothing, especially that early, in your building, so what can we do to turn the tide? We hemmed them in their zone a lot and we gained momemtum and got them on their heels.”

Reactions: BTO

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad